Nathan Chen (#Slaythan Fans) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.H.Black

Streaming stuck. Vid never comes. Didn't try NBC.
- It may an ad blocker.

- I had the same problem. I tried Firefox - no luck (could be the ad blocker). Chrome - no luck (ad blocker?). I finally had success on Safari - I am on a Mac.

It's worth it to see them so keep trying.

meer

Those videos take about 10-20 seconds to start for some reason (I use chrome with ublock) but I did just check them all and they all work. Maybe try an incognito tab.

Dobre

Those videos take about 10-20 seconds to start for some reason (I use chrome with ublock) but I did just check them all and they all work. Maybe try an incognito tab.

They work for me too. I use firefox. (I'm guessing the person above is correct that the problem is an ad blocker, as you have to play an advertisement before the videos start).

SkateFanBerlin

- It may an ad blocker.

- I had the same problem. I tried Firefox - no luck (could be the ad blocker). Chrome - no luck (ad blocker?). I finally had success on Safari - I am on a Mac.

It's worth it to see them so keep trying.
Thanks for tip. It was the ad blocker.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting my reply from the WTT general thread:
Nathan said he's doing a 3 quad FS (removing the 4F/4lz adding in 4S) and a 1 quad SP. Relaxing. :summer:
Interesting... Nathan hasn't included a 4S in competition this season (he was practicing the jump at Skate America, as I recall). Here's Jack Gallagher's article before the WTT SP: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...h-spirits-eve-world-team-trophy/#.XK5KhZjYrnG
Excerpt:
“I’m not going to do a quad flip or quad lutz here. Just do quad salchow and quad toe loop,” Chen commented. “I will do one quad in the short program and three in the long program.”
The Salt Lake City native indicated that the reason for the reduction in quads was due to the compressed nature of his trip home.
“I only had a week back in New Haven (Connecticut), and most of that time was spent studying because I had a lot of tests,” Chen remarked. “It’s the end of the season so I figured this was a good time for my body to recover a bit. Kind of takes things down a bit and enjoy the performance a little more.”

UPI article (publicity for U.S. SOI tour): Nathan Chen spending summer break from Yale on tour, honing artistry

ETA:
Nathan will be appearing in All That Skate 2019 - shows will be held June 6th to June 8th at Olympic Park KSPO Dome in Seoul, South Korea
Nathan is also scheduled to perform for the 3rd consecutive year in Japan's annual national team exhibition Dreams on Ice in Yokohama, June 28-30: http://www.onice.jp/DOI19/guests.html

He will perform in 9 of the 13 U.S. Stars on Ice shows this spring (he's missing the first show on April 18 and the 3 shows during final exam week in early May).
Nathan is also being advertised for THE ICE again (July 27-28 in Osaka & Aug. 3-4 in Nagoya): http://fs-theice.com/
The website mentions Nathan will try his hand at "group number choreography for the first time!"

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Re. "Nathan hasn't included a 4S in competition this season" in my earlier post above: Later I saw Phil Hersh's tweet that mentioned Nathan fell on his 4S in his 4th place FS at the Japan Open invitational back in early October 2018... I had forgotten about that attempt.

Another SOI publicity article (Nathan's first SOI show will be the 2nd one in Long Island, NY on April 20) by Barry Wilner for the Associated Press (April 16): https://www.apnews.com/c7459be36da14e3cb121c21b846ee50e
He will, however, skip some stops on the 13-city tour to take class finals. He is, after all, a full-time student.
“It will be a challenge because of exams and other things, but most of the shows are East Coast- based and I can travel to school and back to the show,” he says. “Yeah, I am taking a gap for finals, but ultimately (the grind) is not too much of a concern. ... <snip> ...
“Anytime there is no Olympics, it’s a completely different situation,” he says. “For the Olympics, there is a buildup to the games for four years. And it’s even more evident when you are thinking about that specific Olympics in that year. Now is the time to be improving, there’s less fine-tuning, more bold improvement and we’ve been able to achieve a lot of that this year. Ultimately, I am really happy with the season.”

feraina

Re. "Nathan hasn't included a 4S in competition this season" in my earlier post above: Later I saw Phil Hersh's tweet that mentioned Nathan fell on his 4S in his 4th place FS at the Japan Open invitational back in early October 2018... I had forgotten about that attempt.

Another SOI publicity article (Nathan's first SOI show will be the 2nd one in Long Island, NY on April 20) by Barry Wilner for the Associated Press (April 16): https://www.apnews.com/c7459be36da14e3cb121c21b846ee50e
Uh oh. This puts him on direct collision course with RAF, who said he’s just consolidating and not making real progress this season, and wants him to take next year’s spring semester off to concentrate on skating.

He was really dominant at the world championships. But at WTT we can glimpse how Zhou might provide some tricky rivalry in the coming years.

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Not really new, more like a recap of his season. All of Nathan's quotes are from earlier this season.

ETA:
Nathan is also being advertised for THE ICE again (July 27-28 in Osaka & Aug. 3-4 in Nagoya): http://fs-theice.com/
The website mentions Nathan will try his hand at "group number choreography for the first time!"
3 performances in Niigata have been added: 2019.7.30 (Tuesday), 31 (Wednesday) and 8.1 (Thursday).

Nathan will also perform in the Prince Ice World shows in Sapporo on June 22-23 before his appearance in Dreams on Ice on June 28-30 in Yokohama.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information