My kitty cat has cancer

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
An update...

The oncologist has had two kitties who suffered from cancer. The one who had a situation similar to Pretzel's had nine more months, and he said they were great months. More chemo Tuesday, and then once a month. He says he thinks she will do fine and the goal is to keep her comfortable and shrink the tumors. She's been acting more like herself today, ate some turkey and tuna, and we're giving her 50cc of fluid daily until she doesn't need it any longer. They upped the prednisolone dose and Mirataz which is an appetite stimulant to just get her eating more. We just have to get her finicky butt to eat! She was eating before we took her in to the hospital, so I wonder if a part of it is just feeling gross from all the medication.

Thank you guys for letting me talk about this, I don't have many venues to talk about how hard this is and I don't know anyone else who's going through this with their pet. My childhood cat lived til he was 22. 11 is too young. :(

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
So sorry that you're going through so much with your adorable kitty. I've never had a cat so I can't offer any advice but please know that I am thinking about you and your family and I'm glad Pretzel has a lovable family to help her through this thing. HUGS :(

Japanfan

Thank you guys for letting me talk about this, I don't have many venues to talk about how hard this is and I don't know anyone else who's going through this with their pet. My childhood cat lived til he was 22. 11 is too young. :(

It's all the harder when non-animal-loving people don't understand how much pet people love their pets, who are members of our family. In some cases, a pet is a person's only family.

You have plenty of support here @Lanie. So many of us have had pets with illnesses and/or injuries, so many of us have lost beloved fur friends.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
She took a sudden, dramatic turn for the worse overnight. The veterinarian is coming at 3 to our house to put her to sleep.

We are just devastated even though we know it is the right thing. She is in so much pain. We don't even know what happened, but she got a respiratory bug after doing pretty well and then began to not eat or drink, so we gave her basically kitty Ensure through a syringe for a few days.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
It is so hard to lose our furbabies. I'm so sorry, I know that she had a good life with you, and you guys did all that you could do for her.

Teamgracie

Oh so sorry, I hope she finds peace and hugs to you. It was hard to put my kitty to sleep but I knew she was in pain so that gives you some comfort. I know you will miss her!

sk8pics

I am so sorry @Lanie. I hope you will eventually take comfort in the knowledge that you did all you could for her, and that you were there with her until the very end, so that she knew love until the very last moment of her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information