Let's Talk Movies #33: Star Wars: Jabba Rising...Captain America Trumps China...and MORE!

Which Movies Might You See In 2017? (Multiple Votes Allowed)

• The Lego Batman Movie

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • The Great Wall

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Logan

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • T2: Trainspotting

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Kong: Skull Island

• Beauty and the Beast

Votes: 39 67.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Snatched

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Alien: Covenant

• Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters

PeterG

Trailers For Movies Released 2017-04-28th
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuI4-fSHhipTAHLtb9zmmQKBTDgci3B-j

Rupture (and Sleight) both look like movies with good concepts, but Rupture has too dark a tone for me and the Sleight trailer wasn't well done in my opinion. Unlike Raquel Welch's plastic surgery, hot damn does she look amazing!!! Interesting factoid in the Harold and Lillian trailer about this couple being the basis for the King and Queen in Shrek! :cheer: Bang! looks like a must-see and NISE looks incredible on many levels. One Week And A Day almost grabbed my interest, but the trailer seemed just a bit too unclear for me to grasp whether I'd like this one or not. Overall, some good stuff out this week! :respec:

April 28th - The Circle (Wide) – Thriller with Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Glenne Headly and Bill Paxton

April 28th - How to Be a Latin Lover (Wide) – Comedy with Eugenio Derbez, Salma Hayek, Rob Lowe, Kristin Bell, John Cera, Rob Corddry, Rob Riggle, Linda Lavin and Raquel Welch

April 28th - Sleight (Wide) – Sci-fi drama, new cast. From imdb.com: “A young street magician (Jacob Latimore) is left to care for his little sister after their parents passing and turns to illegal activities to keep a roof over their heads. When he gets in too deep, his sister is kidnapped and he is forced to use his magic and brilliant mind to save her.”

April 28th - Voice From the Stone (Limited) – Thriller with Emilia Clarke. From imdb.com: “Set in 1950s Tuscany, Voice from the Stone is the haunting and suspenseful story of Verena, a solemn nurse drawn to aid a young boy who has fallen silent since the sudden passing of his mother.”

April 28th – Rupture (Limited) - Sci-Fi thriller with Noomi Rapace, Michael Chiklis and Lesley Manville

April 28th – Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story (Limited) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “Harold and Lillian eloped to Hollywood in 1947, where they became the film industry's secret weapons. Nobody talked about them, but everybody wanted them. Theirs is the greatest story never told-until now.”

April 28th NOT March 24th - Buster’s Mal Heart (Limited) – Mystery drama with Rami Malek and DJ Qualls [Z Nation]

April 28th - Grey Lady (Limited) – Thriller with Eric Dane, Amy Madigan and Rebecca Gayheart

April 26th - Obit (Limited – New York) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “How do you put a life into 500 words? Ask the staff obituary writers at the New York Times. OBIT is a first-ever glimpse into the daily rituals, joys and existential angst of the Times obit writers, as they chronicle life after death on the front lines of history.”

April 28th - Displacement (Limited) – Sci-fi thriller with Bruce Davison and Susan Blakely

April 28th - The Black Room - (Limited – Los Angeles) - Horror with Natasha Henstridge

April 28th – Black Rose (Limited) – Crime drama with a new cast & Adrian Paul

April 28th - Danger Close (Limited) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “Freelance female war reporter Alex Quade covers U.S. Special Operations Forces (SOF) on highly classified combat missions… (this film) follows Alex as she lives alongside these highly trained forces on some of the most daring missions ever documented in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

April 28th - Below Her Mouth (Limited) – Drama, new cast. From imdb.com: “An unexpected affair quickly escalates into a heart-stopping reality for two women whose passionate connection changes their lives forever.”

April 26th - Bang! The Bert Berns Story (Limited) – Musical documentary. From imdb.com: “Music meets the Mob in this biography of '60s hitmaker and 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Bert Berns.”

April 28th – NISE: The Heart Of Madness (Limited) – Brazilian drama. From imdb.com: “A miracle happened in Brazil on the 1950's. Renowned modern art museums opened their doors to artists nobody ever heard of. Many critics pointed out that theses exhibitions revealed painters that should be ranked amongst the best brazillian artists of the century.”

April 28th - The Mayor (Limited) – Korean drama. From imdb.com: “For the first time in Korean history, the Seoul Mayor attempts third term in mayor's office.”

April 28th - One Week and a Day (Limited) – Israeli drama. From imdb.com: “When Eyal finishes the week of mourning for his late son, his wife urges him to return to their routine but instead he gets high with a young neighbor and sets out to discover that there are still things in his life worth living for.”

watchthis!!

VGThuy

A few years ago, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences announced that Mira Sorvino would be announcing the nominations for the Oscars. The reaction I read from many commenters was that it was a random choice as Sorvino hadn't been in anything of note since probably Romy and Michelle, but then I remember reading that a lot of people said they would have loved it if she did it in character as Romy with Lisa Kudrow.

PeterG

Two old movies I liked a bit better after watching "The Making Of" featurette on the DVD: Three Little Words and Mr. Skeffington.

Three Little Words (1950) stars Fred Astaire and Red Skelton as songwriters Harry Ruby and Burt Kalmar. I hadn't heard these names before, but I know the songs Who's Sorry Now (I know the Connie Francis version), I Wanna Be Loved By You (Betty Boop) and Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You), which I know through the Anne Murray version. I thought the movie was so-so, Vera-Ellen did a great job taking the role many would expect to see Ginger Rogers in. Vera-Ellen's dancing was wonderful, as was her acting/screen presence. I had never heard of her before this movie. I was shocked to see Debbie Reynold's name in the credits. I had to go back and rewatch her scene because I didn't remember her in this movie! Turns out this was Reynolds first film role of note as Helen Kane (Betty Boop). She was great! As I mentioned, the movie was just okay to me, but the DVD feature about the movie made me appreciate the movie more. It made me realize that there are lots of little details throughout a movie that make you wonder about something, but you let it go so as to focus on the movie. But this short featurette did such a good job of covering all the little details that could possibly pop into your head. So maybe I enjoyed The Making Of feature more than the movie itself! :lol:

Mr. Skeffington (1944, Bette Davis and Claude Rains) was trying. Two hours and 26 minutes long...the editor was surely on strike and somebody just pieced together every single thing they shot! :lol: Maybe I was disappointed because I swear this ended up on my To See list after I talked here about Bette Davis being only in dramas and never comedies. So I googled "Bette Davis comedies" and this one came up. It is not a comedy!!! There's some lightness to the movie at times and a few quips here and there. But it's definitely a drama about a (frivolous) woman as she ages...it's a character study focussing on this premise. Bette Davis possibly needed a stronger director than Vincent Sherman who, according to imdb.com, received zero directing nominations in his fifty year career. I just found her character to be lacking in the depth we usually see in a Davis performance. Plus as she ages, her voice becomes more shrill - which I'm sure was an acting choice on her part - but it was very unpleasant to listen to. Claude Rains was great in this, it just seemed like he deserved a better movie to star in than this one. Again, I liked The Making Of featurette on the DVD better than the movie. It covered how Davis didn't care about how she looked in movies...if it was important for the character to look bad, she wanted to look bad. I think they said something about how Davis didn't want Sherman to direct her basically, that she'd turn to him if she had questions. Otherwise she'd take it from here, thanks! :lol: It was also mentioned numerous times about how Davis "was not an attractive woman". This took me by surprised and perplexed me more each time it was mentioned. I always thought she was beautiful. So this discussion didn't make sense to me. As for Mr. Skeffington, this is probably the least favourite Bette Davis movie I've ever seen.

watchthis!!

I watched Race a while back. It's a well-made film, but it seems to have been written for Junior High students...specifically those who are rambunctious and can't focus, so the story has been simplified and then simplified some more to make even the most distracted person able to take in the story. I'm surprised it has as high a rating as 7.1 at imdb.com. It's an important movie, but it's just too dumbed down for me to consider this in the same way as other great movies that deal with oppression. Plus some of the things that all coincidentally happen at the same time. The first moment Owens enters the stadium...and the Hindenberg flies overhead and casts a shadow over him... :lol: They MUST have made other things up as well in order to amp up the drama, but they made my eyes roll to the back of my head! The performances are mildly cartoony...how great it would be to have Jeremy Irons and William Hurt in a movie together with a quality script and capable direction. And Jason Sudeikis is really mis-cast. Kudos to him for trying to move into the world of dramatic roles, but he should have started with smaller roles rather than taking on a lead role so (too) soon. I still recommend this movie as it highlights an important historical moment that everyone should know about. Maybe one day the story will be re-made with a better screenwriter and director involved.

Trailer for Race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIe4JKjYn4

VGThuy

I didn't know Jonathan Demme died yesterday. He directed Melvin and Howard, Swing Shift, Married to the Mob, Something Wild, The Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia, Beloved, Rachel Getting Married, among other films.

Melvin and Howard and The Silence of the Lambs are two of my favorite films.

watchthis!!

Decided to watch an oldie and picked Damn Yankees! from 1958. A story about a baseball fan who makes a pact with the devil to help his favourite team make and then win the playoffs. Ray Walston plays the devil, who I know from My Favourite Martin. You might know him from the 90's tv show Picket Fences (for which he won two Emmys). Tab Hunter plays the young version of the baseball fan and in a smaller role is Jean Stapleton, who everybody knows from All In The Family as Edith. Her voice is the same her as it was later in All In The Family...that was a bit of a disappointment in that I thought Edith's voice was something new she created. Oh well. The movie overall was quite good, light entertainment with a few musical numbers to spice things up a bit. Whatever Lola Wants (Lola Gets) and You've Gotta Have Heart are the two numbers I recognized from this one. Damn Yankees got one Oscar nomination, for musical scoring. One Golden Globe nomination for best motion picture - musical and one BAFTA award for best newcomer to film for Gwen Verdon, who played Lola.

Trailer for Damn Yankees!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbvoStVmMCQ

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 yesterday. Good fun. And you must stay to watch the credits. Baby Groot is really cute.
Going this afternoon, good to know you enjoyed it. Because of Marvel putting stiff at the end of the credits, the kids check for every movie :D Told them it's a recent trend and just for marvel but ...

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Ok back from the movie and boy, do they milk the little snippets during the end credits, it's getting close to ridiculous but at the same time I've always liked to stay till the end of the credits even pre-Marvel.
Fun movie, baby groot rocks :respec: Wonder if teenage groot will keep on for the next movie.
I realized 3D movies tire my eyes a lot though and I'm not sure it brings so much to movies. Coming out with a near headache and feeling tired does take away from the pleasure to go to those action packed movies. It might be also due to the loudness of the sound system, they love to blast it like crazy here.

I sound like an old grumpy grandma complaining :rofl:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Has anyone seen The lost city of Z? I am reading the book and it's fascinating. I may wait till I am done with the book. The reviews o IMDb were not very good. One said it was boring.

Has anyone seen The Promise? I would like to see one of these two before I go on my trip. Which one do you recommend? - or neither? :lol:

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Ok back from the movie and boy, do they milk the little snippets during the end credits, it's getting close to ridiculous but at the same time I've always liked to stay till the end of the credits even pre-Marvel.
Fun movie, baby groot rocks :respec: Wonder if teenage groot will keep on for the next movie.
I realized 3D movies tire my eyes a lot though and I'm not sure it brings so much to movies. Coming out with a near headache and feeling tired does take away from the pleasure to go to those action packed movies. It might be also due to the loudness of the sound system, they love to blast it like crazy here.

I sound like an old grumpy grandma complaining :rofl:
There are glasses you can buy that make 3D movies into 2D if it's a struggle for you to watch the 3D. I've seen them on thinkgeek.com but they are probably on other sites as well.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Saw The Promise this weekend and liked it. It's a war/romance/epic somewhat in the tradition of Dr. Zhivago, and while it's certainly not a filmmaking achievement on the David Lean level, it's still very good and moving and has some strong performances. I'm sorry it's not doing very well in theaters.

watchthis!!

Ack! I just deleted a post I spent five minutes typing. So here's my abbreviated version.

Oscar Isaac is really hot and gets to chew up some scenery in PU-239. A 2006 drama co-starring Paddy Considine and Radha Mitchell. Considine works in a Russian nuclear facilty and when things go wrong, he must resort to drastic measures to try to provide for his family. This is an HBO production, so it didn't play in theatres. But it's worth seeing.

Trailer for PU-239: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4SrHwVILq0

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Movies I watched last week --

** Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I like Tim Burton's vision so I'll watch his movies no matter the problems or weaknesses. As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed the creativity, color schemes & effects by Burton. The actors were good. The letdown was in the writing with the awkward storytelling.

** Patriots Day. More violence & gratuitous profanity that I usually care to watch. Worth the viewing because of Kevin Bacon's portrayal as the FBI lead & the real life scenes interspersed & shown at the end. Mark Wahlberg evidently wanted to play a character just like the one his brother plays on Blue Bloods. They did a good job writing the role of the disaffected younger (terrorist) brother.

** The Founder. This was one I really wanted to see, but then it ended up being so much darker & not nearly as nostalgic as I hoped. The acting was good & Michael Keaton as Ray Kroc seemed like an okay guy. Until he wasn't. Other than the original McDonald brothers, who were portrayed as nice guys whose original concept was stolen right out from under them, there was an assortment of unlikeable characters. Let's just say I no longer want a Filet-o-Fish after watching this one.

*** Now is Good. Dakota Fanning has leukemia, a bucket list & a British accent. She meets a nice boy (Jeremy Irvine) who sees her through it. Paddy Considine, who I loved in In America, plays the father in this one too & he was my favorite character.

PeterG

This past weekend, The Circle was released, it's the thriller which stars Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Glenne Headly and Bill Paxton. It debuted at #5, playing in 3,163 where it made $2,856 per theatre. Who out-performed this all-star cast? Why, Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty and Tamannaah Bhatia, of course, in the long-awaited sequel, "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion". This Indian action adventure drama debuted at #3 (behind The Fate of the Furious and How To Be A Latin Lover) while only playing at 425 theatres, where it made a whopping $24,364 per theatre.

What's interesting about this is how maybe world cinema might be on the upswing. Often Indian and Chinese language movies are able to debut around #10, but never so high as #3...and never beating a new movie with people like Tom Hanks and Emma Watson as the stars. I wonder how many movie-goers check out how movies did on the weekend and saw Baahubali debut at #3. Now mind you, Baahubali looks like a movie with a VERY big budget behind it...at least 100 million even though the-numbers.com says the budget was only 30 million. If the subject matter were a bit different, I'd want to see this. It really is a beautiful looking movie. But the theme is like a lot of North American movies..."smash now - think later". So not my thing. It will be interesting to see how Baahubali does in it's second week of release in North America. Very curious to see what kind of staying power it might have.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
** The Founder. This was one I really wanted to see, but then it ended up being so much darker & not nearly as nostalgic as I hoped. The acting was good & Michael Keaton as Ray Kroc seemed like an okay guy. Until he wasn't. Other than the original McDonald brothers, who were portrayed as nice guys whose original concept was stolen right out from under them, there was an assortment of unlikeable characters. Let's just say I no longer want a Filet-o-Fish after watching this one.
I worked at McDonald's for 5 years, you should not want a Filet-O-Fish. It's the least popular sandwich and as a result, if the people working the kitchen don't stay on top of the meat expiry time it gets floppy and gross. Also the expiry time probably should have been shorter than it was when I worked there but that's a whole other issue.

In movie things, I finally saw Hidden Figures tonight. I really enjoyed it. Taraji P. Henson and Janelle Monae were both robbed of Oscar nominations.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This past weekend, The Circle was released, it's the thriller which stars Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Glenne Headly and Bill Paxton. It debuted at #5, playing in 3,163 where it made $2,856 per theatre. Who out-performed this all-star cast? Why, Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty and Tamannaah Bhatia, of course, in the long-awaited sequel, "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion". This Indian action adventure drama debuted at #3 (behind The Fate of the Furious and How To Be A Latin Lover) while only playing at 425 theatres, where it made a whopping $24,364 per theatre.

What's interesting about this is how maybe world cinema might be on the upswing. Often Indian and Chinese language movies are able to debut around #10, but never so high as #3...and never beating a new movie with people like Tom Hanks and Emma Watson as the stars. I wonder how many movie-goers check out how movies did on the weekend and saw Baahubali debut at #3. Now mind you, Baahubali looks like a movie with a VERY big budget behind it...at least 100 million even though the-numbers.com says the budget was only 30 million. If the subject matter were a bit different, I'd want to see this. It really is a beautiful looking movie. But the theme is like a lot of North American movies..."smash now - think later". So not my thing. It will be interesting to see how Baahubali does in it's second week of release in North America. Very curious to see what kind of staying power it might have.

I bought the book The Circle to read on my Europe trip, so I am postponing seeing or reading about this movie. Still, I checked IMDb and the reviews were very poor. Reviews by fans and critics don't always reflect the actual movie, so I will see it after I return.

Integrity

Has anyone seen The lost city of Z? I am reading the book and it's fascinating. I may wait till I am done with the book. The reviews o IMDb were not very good. One said it was boring.

I nodded off for a little bit, this rarely happens to me in a theater. I would have preferred less time spent on the personal life of Fawcett. The acting was good, Pattinson did a great job of helping me forget Edward the vampire.

watchthis!!

Barbra Streisand: Sexism cost me multiple Oscar nominations
http://www.sbs.com.au/movies/article/2017/04/30/barbra-streisand-sexism-cost-me-multiple-oscar-nominations

Very interesting article. Too many things to highlight (because everything in the article is worth mentioning), so I'll go with the most surprising - what Streisand meant to director Robert Rodriguez, whose work (Desperado, Sin City, Spy Kids, From Dusk Til Dawn) has a rather different tone than that of Streisand as a director. Love that Streisand isn't afraid to be so honest about her thoughts.

VGThuy

Although I honestly wouldn't have nominated her for Best Director for those films either given the other choices those years, I do think she's on to something there and there have been worse films and directors nominated for Best Director. I'm sure it got worse for her when she spoke her truth. I'm sure others think this is another one of those Streisand entitlement issues. I remember she was also angry that A Mirror Has Two Faces was snubbed and there was public attention leading up to those Oscars which many attribute to Lauren Bacall losing the Oscar that year after being the favorite. That said, I don't think Bacall should have won and am not sure why she was considered a favorite considering her competition other than the over due narrative. That said, I do think the movie itself is a bit underrated (I actually really enjoyed the college setting and lecture scenes and conversations between Streisand's character and Jeff Bridges' character before it went into Rom Com formula and deep Streisand narcissism)

PeterG

Trailers For Movies Released 2017-05-05th
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuI4-fSHhipRQmySD0GNIDUc2bRn04d-L

May 5th - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (Wide) – Action adventure with Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell

May 5th - Three Generations (Limited) – Drama with Naomi Watts, Elle Fanning and Susan Sarandon

May 5th - The Dinner (Limited) – Mystery thriller with Richard Gere, Laura Linney, Steve Coogan and Chloe Sevigny

May 5th – Chuck aka The Bleeder (Limited) – Sports drama with Elisabeth Moss, Naomi Watts, Ron Perlman and Live Schreiber

May 5th - The Lovers (Limited) – Comedy with Debra Winger, Tracy Letts [Homeland] and Aidan Gillen [Game of Thrones]

May 5th - Take Me (Limited) – Crime comedy with Taylor Schilling

May 2nd - The Autopsy of Jane Doe (Limited) – Thriller with Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch

May 5th - Handsome: A Netflix Mystery Movie (Netflix) - Mystery – Comedy with Jeff Garlin, Natasha Lyonne, Kaley Cuoco, Steven Weber, Leah Remini and Amy Sedaris

May 3rd - Last Men in Aleppo (Limited – New York) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “After five years of war in Syria, Aleppo's remaining residents prepare themselves for a siege. Khalid, Subhi and Mahmoud, founding members of The White Helmets, have remained in the city to help their fellow citizens-and experience daily life, death, struggle and triumph in a city under fire.”

May 5th - Tomorrow Ever After (Limited) – Sci-fi comedy, new cast. From imdb.com: “When a historian living in the year 2592 time-travels to 2015, she navigates the societal woes that she's read about in history books.”

May 5th - Burden (Limited) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “A probing portrait of Chris Burden, an artist who took creative expression to the limits and risked his life in the name of art.”

May 5th - Another Evil (Limited) – Horror comedy, new cast. From imdb.com: “After encountering a ghost in his family's vacation home, Dan a modern artist and his wife Mary hire an "industrial-grade exorcist" named Os to get rid of the beings. But Dan soon realizes that ridding the home of evil won't be as simple as it seems.”

May 5th - Black Site Delta (Limited) - Action with Cam Gigandet

May 5th – (Enter The) Warrior’s Gate (Limited) – Action adventure with a new cast & Dave Bautista. From imdb.com “A teenager is magically transported to China and learns to convert his video game skills into those of a Kung Fu warrior.”

May 3rd - Mr. Chibbs (Limited) – Sports documentary. From imdb.com: “Ten years after retirement from a career as a professional athlete, Kenny Anderson finds that basketball is easy, it's life that's hard. Still reeling from his mother's death, the former New York City high-school prodigy and NBA All-Star loses a cherished coaching position, sending him into a midlife crisis.”

May 5th - Lady Bloodfight (Limited) – Action drama, new cast. From imdb.com: “A blond arrives in Asia, and is first, jumped, then beaten up, by thugs. She asks a fighter girl to train her - but really, she wants to take part in a tournament. Plenty of girls, of all races, fighting action.”

May 5th - Risk (Limited) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “The story of WikiLeak's editor-in-chief Julian Assange.”

May 5th - Like Crazy (Limited – New York) – Italian comedy drama. From imdb.com: “Donatella and Beatrice reside in a psychiatric facility in Tuscany. They have very different life stories, but a chance to escape brings them together in an adventure that will change their lives forever and will help them realize the beauty in imperfection.”

May 5th - A Woman’s Life (Limited – New York) – French drama. From imdb.com: “A fragmented account of the life of Jeanne as she sets out on the path of adult life and gradually experiences the harsh realities of a woman's life in the 19th-century.”

May 5th - This Is Not What I Expected (Limited) – Chinese drama. From imdb.com: “An obsessive CEO of a company meets a ragged chef by chance. They are drawn closer together because of their love for delicacies, yet their personalities clash big time.”

May 5th - Sacred (Limited) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “Møre than 40 filmmakers travelled the globe to witness religious celebrations and interview people from all sorts of background.” - NO TRAILER ON YOUTUBE

watchthis!!

I watched Carrie Fisher's stand-up show (Wishful Drinking) the other day. As expected, I liked it. It's about an hour long and basically it's Fisher telling her life story. So she covers her family history/drama, Star Wars and dealing with anxiety/depression for most of the show. As a DVD extra, there's a 50 minute interview with Debbie Reynolds (which is almost as long as the main feature) which gets better as it proceeds. What an interesting combo these two were! Reynolds interview concludes with the filmmakers having her film a few short scenes for inclusion in Carrie's live show. Reynolds is game to parody herself and their mother-daughter relationship and we get to see Reynold's behaviour before and after they shoot each scene and it shows what a pro she is. Both collaborative and agreeable. Reynolds also talks about how she wishes Carrie had shared her singing voice with the world (and why Carrie didn't). But we do have Carrie sing one song in her show and I almost thought she was lip-synching to someone else's voice. She's so good I thought that can't be here....why would someone hide a voice like that? Gotta agree with Reynolds that Carrie was holding back on a true talent she was hiding from us.

Trailer for Wishful Drinking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTvmIEG4Xw

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information