Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

becca

For the record I don’t think that the way the press treats the members of the royal family is okay. And the women especially get the brunt. But it’s incorrect to think that only Meghan was treated poorly. And you get the whole they would never with Kate when Kate got plenty of criticism.

Camilla was hated and for some good reason (the affair) But Camilla is now the press favorite because she did her duty Alf always cracked jokes with the media and was friendly to them.

So do I think Meghan doesn’t have her grievances sure but it was always going to be a learning curve. I just don’t think the interviews help.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
For the record I don’t think that the way the press treats the members of the royal family is okay. And the women especially get the brunt. But it’s incorrect to think that only Meghan was treated poorly. And you get the whole they would never with Kate when Kate got plenty of criticism.

Camilla was hated and for some good reason (the affair) But Camilla is now the press favorite because she did her duty Alf always cracked jokes with the media and was friendly to them.

So do I think Meghan doesn’t have her grievances sure but it was always going to be a learning curve. I just don’t think the interviews help.
Women (regardless of race) has always had to work harder to prove themselves. Always.

MsZem

I see the sea
Who here is saying that?!? And when they did welcome her, at one event a family member wore a racially offensive brooch, and no one said anything. Welcoming someone into a family in a meaningful, inclusive way is a lot more than "oh, you must be Harry's girlfriend, delighted to meet you".
As you noted, it was Princess Michael of Kent, who is married to QE's cousin and apparently is not a favorite among the BRF (the stuff in that article is :eek::yikes::scream:). It's possible that someone said something to her quietly. It's also possible they were all too insensitive to notice or that they didn't care enough to do anything. The apology doesn't seem very heartfelt, but I don't believe she's worn the brooch since.

Didn't the Crown no longer give security to Diana which is why she ended up in Paris with Dodi and no security?
Literally the only survivor of the car crash was the bodyguard. The driver, who as we know was driving drunk, was the deputy head of security at the Ritz. Both were employed by Mohamed al-Fayed.

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@becca I don't see anyone on here claiming that Meghan is the only woman in the royal family to ever have been treated badly. When you are ready to have a discussion based on what's actually been posted, and can stop looking for reasons to justify why Meghan is a terrible person for doing the interview , let us know.

millyskate

Today, there is a very lengthy, detailed and factual article recounting a full timeline of every incident that led to the breakdown in the relationship between the sussexes and the palace. It’s subscription but you can get a free 30 day trial to read it.
I suspect this is the closest to the truth anyone is going to get so if you’re interested- here goes.

A key quote would be: “According to one former employee: "What people fail to understand is Harry's hatred of the media is probably one of the most important things in his life. It is defining for him. So the narrative is always – it’s the press's fault, never theirs."

Last edited:

Jaana

I feel sorry for Harry, although I don´t see him as a very bright person..., but apparently he still is very much in love and the wakening might happen one day much, much later.

I´d imagine that Meghan thought to become the star of the Royal family as they married. She apparently did have many problems to adjust to a minor role. Yes, the press has not been very kind towards her, but I think it all leads to her own personality. Yeah, she looks like butter would not melt in her mouth, but...

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I ran across a YouTube video called Prince Harry The Troubled Prince. I had forgotten so many of his displays of anger. It is revealing.

becca

@becca I don't see anyone on here claiming that Meghan is the only woman in the royal family to ever have been treated badly. When you are ready to have a discussion based on what's actually been posted, and can stop looking for reasons to justify why Meghan is a terrible person for doing the interview , let us know.
But it’s an argument team Harry is making. The royals didn’t do enough to stand up for us. Kate would have never been allowed to be treated so badly by the press.

And let’s point out in the beginning it was all the royals are so wonderful and kind they are the family Meghan never had. So which is it. Given initial statements and the public gestures it’s unfair to say the royals did not try.

Look no doubt joining the Royal family has huge down sides.

But relationships are a two way street and I find the expectations that Kate was suppose to hold her hand. Kate who had royal duties two kids and was pregnant with morning sickness that was supposed to be dehabiltating.

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
I think the major issues are with the "men in grey", the public, and media.

But I also don't think the BRF does enough to protect the spouses that marry into the family as evidenced long before Meghan came around.

They are expected to buck up, stiff upper lip and take it.

The racism from the media and public was a new, terrible reason to hate a Royal spouse and I don't think the BRF were prepared for the reality of having a person of color in their family.

Meghan and Harry decided that they won't live their lives like that.

It's too hard, too devastating and with few supports for them going through this.

Why should they put up with it? They aren't going to be Monarchs.

In most countries that have Royalty, no one cares much what the 6th/7th in line for the throne does.

Most of the Thai princes and princesses life in hotels in Europe. :lol:

I'm not sure why H&M can't live their own lives.

Kudos to them.

Last edited:

puglover

The point is all of this public airing is not going to change many people's opinions. The BRF have their admirers and supporters and so do Meghan and Harry. Those who hold Meghan's race against her will be unlikely to see the error of their ways and many if not most people still see it as rich people who live in mansions and have servants throwing insults at each other. Getting out of a bad situation, being able to "speak your truth" seem like moves that are mentally healthy but, for me, this is going past that and lets the world in to talk and judge on private family matters. I worry for Harry, who seems particularly vulnerable. I certainly admit I come at this from a long history of love for the royal family, especially the Queen. The Queen and Prince Philip are resilient though and they have weathered much in their 90 plus years. I hate to think of what this will do and the long term ramifications that I still think benefit the media more than anyone else.

becca

I think the major issues are with the "men in grey", the public, and media.

But I also don't think the BRF does enough to protect the spouses that marry into the family as evidenced long before Meghan came around.

They are expected to buck up, stiff upper lip and take it.

The racism from the media and public was a new, terrible reason to hate a Royal spouse and I don't think the BRF were prepared for the reality of having a person of color in their family.

Meghan and Harry decided that they won't live their lives like that.

It's too hard, too devastating and with few supports for them going through this.

Why should they put up with it? They aren't going to be Monarchs.

In most countries that have Royalty, no one cares much what the 6th/7th in line for the throne does.

Most of the Thai princes and princesses life in hotels in Europe. :lol:

I'm not sure why H&M can't live their own lives.

Kudos to them.
But I think the issue is Harry and Meghan themselves are not letting it go. I mean the men in gray suits are people and how many of them can defend themselves.

Some of the people involved in the complaints are very professional people who had long standing careers before Meghan.

Perhaps they would have kept things quiet but for the interview how many felt they needed to bring up their own issues to defend themselves.

People are bringing up Andrew but Andrew isn’t out there giving interviews right now either he is shutting up. (Andrew’s situation is awful)

There was racist media but there was also media that praised Meghans background many saw it as great.
The issue here is I really don’t think the Suxxes want a private life. They absolutely want the life of a celebrity.

They don’t want to be irrelevant like most sixth and seven in line that is the point.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea

I actually follow royals outside the UK, and I couldn't tell you who's sixth in line in Norway (one of Princess Martha Louise's girls, but I don't remember which one) or Spain. In Denmark it's Prince Joachim, in the Netherlands it's... Count Claus-Casimir? I think? And in Sweden, Prince Gabriel - who, being three and a half years old, is not expected to do anything except be cute.

Certainly they wouldn't be interviewed by Oprah, or draw much attention if they were.

Japan doesn't even have someone who is sixth in line to the throne. The line of succession has three people in it.

skategal

Bunny mama
But I think the issue is Harry and Meghan themselves are not letting it go. I mean the men in gray suits are people and how many of them can defend themselves.

The issue here is I really don’t think the Suxxes want a private life. They absolutely want the life of a celebrity.

They don’t want to be irrelevant like most sixth and seven in line that is the point.
Apparently the Men in Grey can defend themselves just fine considering they got their story out first before they even know what Meghan & Harry are going to say. :lol:

Of course, H&M don't want to be irrelevant. Who does?

They want to use their platform for good and I'm sure they realize that they will always be in the public eye to a certain degree because of Harry's mother and father (who will be King of England soon.)

Also, I'm sure they see what Andrew has done with his life (ie. hanging around the BRF demanding equal rights for his daughters) as something they don't want to emulate.

Once H&M realized that they have no chance to accomplish their life goals within the BRF, they left.

becca

Apparently the Men in Grey can defend themselves just fine considering they got their story out first before they even know what Meghan & Harry are going to say. :lol:

Of course, H&M don't want to be irrelevant. Who does?

They want to use their platform for good and I'm sure they realize that they will always be in the public eye to a certain degree because of Harry's mother and father (who will be King of England soon.)

Also, I'm sure they see what Andrew has done with his life (ie. hanging around the BRF demanding equal rights for his daughters) as something they don't want to emulate.

Once H&M realized that they have no chance to accomplish their life goals within the BRF, they left.
No one should emulate Andrew but Andrew isn’t going out their critizing the royal family or staffers.

Not wanting to be irrelevant okay. But once again you cannot say you want privacy and then air your personal grievances in interviews. The book didn’t help matters and anyone who thinks this interview will.

Want to use your platform to do good than do good. Do interviews Focusing on charity events.

I mean the Africa documentary is a case in point of them making things about themselves rather than the causes they were suppose to be promoting.

Doing good things being cheerful not giving interviews complaining that’s what would really change public opinion.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I don't blame Thomas Markle either. It appears he's extremely unwell both physically and mentally and I do think he's being taken advantage of both by ravenous tabloids who view him as a soft touch AND Samantha Markle. A guy who was making good money in Hollywood is now living in Mexico in poverty, and there's obviously a chip missing. But Samantha Markle is trash. No excuse for her behavior.
I looked into living in Mexico myself. One of the requirements is that you have to show you have a certain amount of money so they are sure you won't be a drain on their resources. I have a number of friends who have emigrated to Mexico & all have plenty of money. I really doubt he's in poverty. Cost of living for sure is more now than when he moved there so he may not have as much spending cash as he once did.

BTW @becca, if you speak the way you write I'm not surprised you've had work woes. What does this mean? "And as for the brooch maybe the person in question didn’t realize or think she was being offensive. I mean it was not a Nazi uniform. I wouldn’t wear it but an elderly person may tumor realixe."

skategal

Bunny mama
Want to use your platform to do good than do good. Do interviews Focusing on charity events.

I mean the Africa documentary is a case in point of them making things about themselves rather than the causes they were suppose to be promoting.

Doing good things being cheerful not giving interviews complaining that’s what would really change public opinion.
Calling out racist treatment of the media and racist systems is doing good and they have every right to do that.

If they start going for the jugular of the BRF members, then I won't appreciate that, but I really doubt that will happen in this interview.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Double post: Prince Phillip may die from this current issue. He's 97 for cripe's sake. It's not going to be a tragedy for most people when he passes. I'm sure the family & anyone who loves him will feel regret but life as we know it is not going to end. It's not like he is Saint Phillip. I don't think anyone, even the Queen, should put his/her life on hold because of something that may happen.

becca

I looked into living in Mexico myself. One of the requirements is that you have to show you have a certain amount of money so they are sure you won't be a drain on their resources. I have a number of friends who have emigrated to Mexico & all have plenty of money. I really doubt he's in poverty. Cost of living for sure is more now than when he moved there so he may not have as much spending cash as he once did.

BTW @becca, if you speak the way you write I'm not surprised you've had work woes. What does this mean? "And as for the brooch maybe the person in question didn’t realize or think she was being offensive. I mean it was not a Nazi uniform. I wouldn’t wear it but an elderly person may tumor realixe."
Where did I say I have work woes? I don’t 😂. Also I don’t write a lot at my work.

The only scenario I am thinking of is when I have to call a contractor and ask to speak to a manager about why specific work hasn’t been done. I am pretty annoyed when it gets to that point.

I would actually rather not complain to a manager. Everyone at my work had issues with this group.

Last edited:

puglover

We have been without the option of purchasing magazines here for some months due to restrictions on buying non-essential items. Those restrictions have just recently been lifted. I noticed at the super market yesterday that "Hello Canada", known for its coverage of the royal family and lovely, glossy pictures of them, has Meghan on the cover this month. It is a celebration of her pregnancy and Harry is quoted throughout it, professing a closeness with the Queen and some anecdotes of their conversations with her about Archie. I think those insights are what sells magazines and if they separate themselves too much they lose that advantage.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I am totally 😞 in Oprah. I thought she would have seen the propriety in aring this interview at this time.

puglover

Now I read Jessica Mulroney has come to Meghan's defence and added her two cents. Jessica, the woman who herself is accused of prejudice and lack of empathy, seems like someone I would tell "thanks but no thanks". Not that I hold Meghan accountable for those who stand up for her, just that taking it public you lose control of the narrative.

becca

Holy shit. So being a pedophile is okay because he isnt out there criticizing his family?
Never said it was okay. Have I praised him but now does this mean that only pedophiples can be critized. That all is okay if your not a pedophile?

canbelto

Never said it was okay. Have I praised him but now does this mean that only pedophiples can be critized. That all is okay if your not a pedophile?

No just pointing out that in the BRF being a pedophile means you're protected and shielded from law enforcement, and giving an Oprah interview means you're thrown to the wolves. The hypocrisy is jarring.

mjb52

I am NOT comparing Meghan to Yana so don't tear me apart but there are some interesting similarities between the Plush/Yana dynamic and the Harry/Meghan dynamic where you have the woman in the relationship doing what could be perceived by the public as the "dirty work," while the guy lays low to some extent and she takes the heat. The woman ends up looking responsible for conflict all the time while the guy sort of flies under the radar.

becca

No just pointing out that in the BRF being a pedophile means you're protected and shielded from law enforcement, and giving an Oprah interview means you're thrown to the wolves. The hypocrisy is jarring.
If your giving an interview where your attacking others. Don’t those others get the right to say something back? I mean the staffers have nothing to do with Andrew. He isn’t attacking them.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Right... because law enforcement = media wars.

And, you do recall that when Andrew gave that highly ill-advised, disastrous Panorama interview of his own in late 2019, the result was him being relieved of all royal duties and even kept out of the official, public photos from his oldest daughter's wedding, right?

M&H have been engaging in this ridiculous tit for tat war with BP through media releases for over a year now. The fact that some of their former staffers are, maybe, just maybe, sick and tired of being painted as incompetent, unsupportive, or even racist by M&H and their team, seems to be utterly lost on you. These people have professional reputations and careers that are essentially being dragged through the mud because of this BS from the Sussexes. But, it's okay. The folks who have been busy signing 9-figure Netflix and Spotify deals are the aggrieved party. Pfffft.

canbelto

Right... because law enforcement = media wars.

And, you do recall that when Andrew gave that highly ill-advised, disastrous Panorama interview of his own in late 2019, the result was him being relieved of all royal duties and even kept out of the official, public photos from his oldest daughter's wedding, right?

M&H have been engaging in this ridiculous tit for tat war with BP through media releases for over a year now. The fact that some of their former staffers are, maybe, just maybe, sick and tired of being painted as incompetent, unsupportive, or even racist by M&H and their team, seems to be utterly lost on you. These people have professional reputations and careers that are essentially being dragged through the mud because of this BS from the Sussexes. But, it's okay. The folks who have been busy signing 9-figure Netflix and Spotify deals are the aggrieved party. Pfffft.

Buckingham Palace APPROVED and ENCOURAGED the Andrew interview. It was only when PR went totally sideways that they decided to lock him in a cottage.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Buckingham Palace APPROVED and ENCOURAGED the Andrew interview. It was only when PR went totally sideways that they decided to lock him in a cottage.
They did NOT. He was told not to do it and did it anyways. He refused to listen to his BP advisers on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information