Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

puglover

I totally agree with you but I still hold some reservations about her Dad. It would seem he has provided for her and helped her reach her goals. He has paid a big price in that he appears to have no relationship with his daughter or her child/children. He no doubt screwed up. I guess I would have hoped that now they are in the US that he could have had a chance to make it right. Of course, who knows .....
Meghan's family is trash. Especially Samantha Markle

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Her father did a lot for paid for first wedding paid for fancy schools paid
What? Please read over your posts before you put them up.

The difference between Meghan doing this interview and the interviews her dad did is that she wasn't tricked by a pushy tabloid reporter into doing this one.

Tesla

Whippet Good
sigh See below
I predict that the Oprah interview will be a "feel-good" time for the audience that focuses on H&M's family life, how they felt caught up in the circus of the media and BRF, trying to adjust to BRF, why they left and actually be a big fat nothing burger when it comes to spilling secrets or accusing the BRF of anything in particular. :lol:
We frankly have no idea what is going to be said in the interview. The CBS marketing team is genius because with just a small clip that could be of nothing, they’ve ensured a blockbuster viewing.

becca

What? Please read over your posts before you put them up.

The difference between Meghan doing this interview and the interviews her dad did is that she wasn't tricked by a pushy tabloid reporter into doing this one.
The meet word would be tricked. She is deliberately doing this.
But it’s okay for her to do this with her in laws? To talk about them to the press? I mean you cannot claim you want privacy and then go on about personal problems to the press.

Can you need see this is a double standard and when people point out Prince Phillip is in very poor health it’s all who cares I don’t want to be muzzled.

I don’t know what is being said but apparently she is going to accuse her sister in law of not helping. How is this helpful as if her sister in law did not have enough on her plate with three kids?

canbelto

I totally agree with you but I still hold some reservations about her Dad. It would seem he has provided for her and helped her reach her goals. He has paid a big price in that he appears to have no relationship with his daughter or her child/children. He no doubt screwed up. I guess I would have hoped that now they are in the US that he could have had a chance to make it right. Of course, who knows .....

I don't blame Thomas Markle either. It appears he's extremely unwell both physically and mentally and I do think he's being taken advantage of both by ravenous tabloids who view him as a soft touch AND Samantha Markle. A guy who was making good money in Hollywood is now living in Mexico in poverty, and there's obviously a chip missing. But Samantha Markle is trash. No excuse for her behavior.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
And didn’t she cut of her father for speaking to the press about her? But it’s okay for her to do this with her in laws? Can you need see this is a double standard and when people point out Prince Phillip is in very poor health it’s all who cares I don’t want to be muzzled.

No, I don't see that it's a double standard. They each had different reasons for doing their interviews. And once again, since you missed it the first time, H&M probably do not have control over when the interview is going to be aired. You have no way of knowing if H&M have even been asked about delaying the broadcast, or, if they were, what their response was.

becca

No, I don't see that it's a double standard. They each had different reasons for doing their interviews. And once again, since you missed it the first time, H&M probably do not have control over when the interview is going to be aired. You have no way of knowing if H&M have even been asked about delaying the broadcast, or, if they were, what their response was.
They were asked

I mean common sense had known he is very frail.
It’s absolutely a double standard to cut of a father for speaking to the Press and then airing your disputes with other family members to the press.

And once again see article everyone is to have loyalty and support to her but she is not required to have any to others. Model the behavior you want others to show.
I don’t know about the staff stuff but I am sorry I don’t like the crying to media about family issues

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@becca Are you serious? That is an anonymous source being quoted by a tabloid newspaper with a terrible reputation. That is, the same paper that Meghan just won a lawsuit against. For all we know, that "Hollywood insider" could be the reporter at the next desk.

That information proves absolutely nothing about what did or didn't happen.

Last edited:

becca

@becca Are you serious? That is an anonymous source being quoted by a tabloid newspaper with a terrible reputation. That is, the same paper that Meghan just won a lawsuit against. For all we know that "Hollywood insider" could be the reporter at the next desk.

That information proves absolutely nothing about what did or didn't happen.
What’s to stop Harry and Meghan from openly asking CBS to postpone due to his grandfather’s poor health?

I mean reports are Carole Middleton had a interview and she asked the magazine not to promote. Carole Middleton.

Look the British media is ridiculous and wrong no doubt. But every memeber of royal family had faced this. I have no doubt in relationships with humans bad things happened. And I have no problem with them not wanting to spend their lives being second to William and Kate.

But they also would not be having the Netflix deal and a lot of other things if they were part of a different family and I think it’s clear members tried. She was the first finance to be invited to Queens Christmas. Prince Charles walked her down the aisle. The hugely expensive wedding.

to say they didn’t try would be unfair

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
to say they didn’t try would be unfair

It would be equally unfair to say they did try, without reliable information that they did.

I'm not going to say this again, but just in case it might get through to you this time: CBS has the rights to the interview. CBS decides when the interview will be broadcast. H&M can ask all they want, if they are indeed asking, but they likely have no way to stop CBS from going ahead with the interview this Sunday, if that's what CBS decides to do.

becca

It would be equally unfair to say they did try, without reliable information that they did.

I'm not going to say this again, but just in case it might get through to you this time: CBS has the rights to the interview. CBS decides when the interview will be broadcast. H&M can ask all they want, if they are indeed asking, but they likely have no way to stop CBS from going ahead with the interview this Sunday, if that's what CBS decides to do.
Publically they absolutely tried to welcome here. To say they didn’t would be wrong.

this quote from the Crown says how I feel

I mean Meghan made a documentary which talked about some of the most poor of the poor where people are struggling to With food to eat about her.

I am not saying she doesn’t have challenges but she is also very privileged

puglover

I am still struggling to see what they can gain by doing this interview. They will get a ton of publicity to start off their netflix deal or whatever but neither of them are documentary makers or have contributions they have made to that and they are attracting world attention because of who his family is and the chance of a big expose and scandal, not because the public at large wants to hear how they are going to improve the world. If this burns that bridge, I think they become a whole lot less interesting. Oprah was not trying to get an interview with Meghan because of her role in "Suits". Whether Prince Philip regains his health or not, these are old people who will not live forever. Would Harry not want to mourn with family when that sad day comes? They are also making choices that will affect their children's chance for a relationship with their British family - great grandfather and grandmother, grandfather, uncle, aunt, cousins and extended family. Sorry for the run-on sentence. I am tired of this.....

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Publically they absolutely tried to welcome here. To say they didn’t would be wrong.

Who here is saying that?!? And when they did welcome her, at one event a family member wore a racially offensive brooch, and no one said anything. Welcoming someone into a family in a meaningful, inclusive way is a lot more than "oh, you must be Harry's girlfriend, delighted to meet you".

Last edited:

canbelto

Eh, who knows how close Harry is to Philip? They could be close, they could be not close at all, and they could be somewhere in between. Harry might blame Philip for what happened to Diana. You never know.

becca

Exactly and someone on a board said

First interview is about how badly press Who here is saying that?!? And when they did welcome her, at one event a family member wore a racially offensive brooch, and no one said anything. Welcoming someone into the family in a meaningful, inclusive way is a lot more than "oh, you must be Harry's girlfriend, delighted to meet you".
thr
Who here is saying that?!? And when they did welcome her, at one event a family member wore a racially offensive brooch, and no one said anything. Welcoming someone into the family in a meaningful, inclusive way is a lot more than "oh, you must be Harry's girlfriend, delighted to meet you".
No doubt there were racists but there were also people thrilled about Meghans heritage.

Let’s see 45 million dollar wedding. Being invited for Christmas with queen before the wedding. Most royal fiancé’s aren’t invited. Kate wasn’t She was allowed on royal engagements to before the wedding.
Prince Charles walked her down the aisle.
Prince Charles calling her the best thing to happen to his son. The idea that the royal family didn’t try.

I am sorry that’s unfair. Publically they did.

becca

Eh, who knows how close Harry is to Philip? They could be close, they could be not close at all, and they could be somewhere in between. Harry might blame Philip for what happened to Diana. You never know.
How would Prince Phillip be responsible for his mom. I am not saying he was perfect to her. But I am sorry. That’s ridiculous. He wasn’t the paparazzi and by the time she did Diana wasn’t 19 anymore and frankly courted the press.

canbelto

How would Prince Phillip be responsible for his mom. I am not saying he was perfect to her. But I am sorry. That’s ridiculous. He wasn’t the paparazzi and by the time she did Diana wasn’t 19 anymore and frankly courted the press.

Didn't the Crown no longer give security to Diana which is why she ended up in Paris with Dodi and no security?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
No doubt there were racists but there were also people thrilled about Meghans heritage.
And you know this how?
Let’s see 45 million dollar wedding. Being invited for Christmas with queen before the wedding. Most royal fiancé’s aren’t invited. Kate wasn’t She was allowed on royal engagements to before the wedding.
Prince Charles walked her down the aisle.
Prince Charles calling her the best thing to happen to his son. The idea that the royal family didn’t try.

I am sorry that’s unfair. Publically they did.

Paying for someone's wedding and letting them go to events is not the same as accepting their racial heritage, and it's not the same as not being racist. The family could be accepting her because she was Harry's girlfriend/fiancee/wife and still not be comfortable with her race.

becca

And you know this how?

Paying for someone's wedding and letting them go to events is not the same as accepting their racial heritage, and it's not the same as not being racist. The family could be accepting her because she was Harry's girlfriend/fiancee/wife and still not be comfortable with her race.
Many in the press were thrilled and many talked about how her being multiracial was a really cool thing.
And how do you know the royal family were against her race?

There may have been cultural differences but some may be you know the differences between American and British cultures?

And Meghan maybe not truly wanting to accept the rules that go with being a British royal and yeah that means maybe no interview with Oprah while engaged and no talking about politics. Etc.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Many in the press were thrilled and many talked about how her being multiracial was a really cool thing.
And how do you know the royal family were against her race?

Members of the press are not members of the royal family.

I would say that if someone wears a brooch depicting a racial stereotype to an event where someone of that race is present, that's a pretty clear indication that they're not comfortable with that person's race. Some members of the royal family apparently being accepting of her race - at least in public - doesn't mean the entire family felt that way.

puglover

If this was largely due to racism on the part of the BRF - when they first made the break why wouldn't they have made it more of a total disconnect? It did seem like they (or at least Harry) were disappointed they could not maintain more of their royal status or patronages. Why would they want to still represent Her Royal Highness the Queen if they felt the family had rejected Meghan based on her race?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
If the BRF did announce the investigation then it would be sanctioned by the Queen, wouldn't it? And I think she easily wins a war based on status within the family. Likewise, if William leaked the investigation as I think was implied.
She didn't win the war of public opinion when it came to Diana.

We frankly have no idea what is going to be said in the interview.
Which is why that posted said: "I predict."

becca

Members of the press are not members of the royal family.

I would say that if someone wears a brooch depicting a racial stereotype to an event where someone of that race is present, that's a pretty clear indication that they're not comfortable with that person's race. Some members of the royal family apparently being accepting of her race - at least in public - doesn't mean the entire family felt that way.
And this is like what a second cousin? Hardly a major member do you care what your second cousin thinks?

And Harry wore a Nazi costume in past let’s not forget and apparently there is a video out there of him making some racial comments in the military. I am not excusing it but mere or point out none is perfect

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@puglover Maybe more will be revealed in the interview, but IMO it sounds like they want to represent the Queen on their terms rather than hers. Like saying last year that they wanted to "collaborate" with the Queen, which they must have known by then isn't how things get decided in the royal household.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
And this is like what a second cousin? Hardly a major member do you care what your second cousin thinks?
I would certainly care about what they thought, if they showed up at my house wearing something that represented a racist stereotype. I would care about it even more if someone of that race was at my house at that moment.

It was a member of the family they thought enough of to invite to the event. It's also significant that apparently no one indicated to her at the time that the brooch was offensive. Since we're talking about "you", if you have a party with guests of different cultures, and someone shows up wearing something that insults one of those cultures, what does it say about you if you as the host don't do anything about that?
And Harry wore a Nazi costume in past let’s not forget and apparently there is a video out there of him making some racial comments in the military. I am not excusing it but mere or point out none is perfect
Sorry, but "no one is perfect" has been used to excuse racist behaviour for years and years.

becca

@puglover Maybe more will be revealed in the interview, but IMO it sounds like they want to represent the Queen on their terms rather than hers. Like saying last year that they wanted to "collaborate" with the Queen, which they must have known by then isn't how things get decided in the royal household.
Yes. And that statement should have never been made. There is talk to that they didn’t like taking back seat to William and Kate even though that is exactly what would happen.

I have no problem with them wanting to do their own thing. But the Queen isn’t necessarily wrong with your in or your out. And she made clear very nicely not being a member of the working royal family doesn’t make the family
It was a member of the family they thought enough of to invite to the event. It's also significant that apparently no one indicated to her at the time that the brooch was offensive. Since we're talking about "you", if you have a party with guests of different cultures, and someone shows up wearing something that insults one of those cultures, what does it say about you if you as the host don't do anything or say anything?

Sorry, but "no one is perfect" has been used to excuse racist behaviour for years and years.
i am not okay with the brooch although who knows what it was. But if Meghan didn’t know maybe some others didn’t either?

And as for the brooch maybe the person in question didn’t realize or think she was being offensive. I mean it was not a Nazi uniform. I wouldn’t wear it but an elderly person may tumor realixe

becca

We know exactly what it was. Here is an article with a photo of it.
Once again I don’t agree with the brooch and wouldn’t wear it but we don’t necessarily that the Princesses motivations were to be racist. She could have been unthinking coming from a much older generation and peope have recently been saying unacceptable of course this Princess has made comments before.

but this is still a minor member of the royal family.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Didn't the Crown no longer give security to Diana which is why she ended up in Paris with Dodi and no security?
Diana was offered protection, even after the divorce. She turned it down because she didn't want the RPOs in her business, which is fine, but the security that Dodi Fayed hired did not do their job properly else the driver of the car wouldn't have been drunk which is part of what contributed to the accident, and chances are the paparazzi wouldn't have been following in the manner they were had she had RPOs.

The idea that Prince Philip had something to do with "denying" her protection from the RPOs or with her death has been thoroughly debunked over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information