Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

dinakt

I hope somebody goes to the show tonight and writes back. Pretty please?
I am still waiting to know what the Schwimmer/Abbott "Project Wolf" is.
Also, Jeremy is doing a wonderful thing being active in many charitable causes. I hope he continues being involved, and invited. It is a wonderful thing to use one's skills to help somebody.

Kecasyl

I hope somebody goes to the show tonight and writes back. Pretty please?
I am still waiting to know what the Schwimmer/Abbott "Project Wolf" is.
Also, Jeremy is doing a wonderful thing being active in many charitable causes. I hope he continues being involved, and invited. It is a wonderful thing to use one's skills to help somebody.

He skated to "Latch" last night at the charity.

Kecasyl

So Jeremy is one of the skaters in the PSA Rocket Counter Bracket Challenge. He is currently up against Carolina Kostner in the West Bracket. Please go to the page on Facebook and like his video to help him win and move on in this challenge. We want Jeremy as overall champ in the end! :encore:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1385091388479970/

Sylvia

TBD
Here's a first look at snippets of Jeremy's choreography for Ashley Cain's new short program to Birdie's "Skinny Love" (2 clips via TSL):
https://www.facebook.com/TheSkatingLesson/videos/vb.281547475300561/697263530395618/?type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/TheSkatingLesson/videos/vb.281547475300561/697265250395446/?type=2&theater

ETA:

He tweeted yesterday: https://twitter.com/jeremyabbottpcf/status/590984531827630080
All of my prayers, thoughts, love, & energy are with my mentor, inspiring friend, & role model #PaulWylie & his family. #SkatingFamily

Last edited:

Kecasyl

Nothing in this world can remain the way it should be until the skaters are ready to reveal their program. So much for things staying a secret. Stupid TSL. Nothing is sacred.

Sylvia

TBD
Nothing in this world can remain the way it should be until the skaters are ready to reveal their program.
Am I mistaken to assume that Ashley Cain shared excerpts of her program with TSL?

I posted the following in the U.S. Men's thread in GSD earlier today:

Compliments for Jeremy Abbott from Shotaro Omori: https://instagram.com/p/134XDrhUUW/
My new short program this year is being choreographed by Jeremy Abbott! In our first lesson, he's already taught me so many things that I've never heard before. The last few months working with my coaches in LA along with my other mentors have really helped me to understand how much skating truly is your own art form that can always evolve in every direction. Working with Jeremy has been no exception to this as he tells me how to make world-class corrections and technique improvements. The way he sees skating and the way he skates himself is truly an art form too so to learn from him has been the best experience!
And tweeted by Abbott: https://twitter.com/jeremyabbottpcf/status/591747176071561216
My feet are (aka in extreme pain), but I'm loving the work @sho_om and I are doing on his short!

centerpt1

Hope Jeremy can make a living with Choreography and coaching, seeing as how SOI didn't pick him up.

twizzlesizzle

Am I mistaken to assume that Ashley Cain shared excerpts of her program with TSL?

At this point, I'd have to say yes, you are. Did TSL say how they got the video? You can see on their FB that they're mostly a copy/paste of skaters' instagram, showing the credit to the skater for posting the video. The one's of Ashley are NOT being posted by her and there is no credit to anyone who submitted the video (and they're decent about giving credit to where they get stuff from), so that leaves the door open to say.... which one of them is snooping around? :sekret:

Hope Jeremy can make a living with Choreography and coaching, seeing as how SOI didn't pick him up.

Jeremy will do very well. Just because SOI didn't pick him up this year doesn't mean they won't in the future. Remember, the US competition season was finishing up DURING the tour, as opposed to the Canadian tour. So when you look at where they added in some skaters, it was when the tour came to them, not them going to the tour and for 1 show only. Jeremy will see SOI again, who knows, he could possibly kick Jeff to the curb and take over the reigns of the US tour choreo... :blocjudge:blocjudge:blocjudge After all the chairs (reminds me of Derek from DWTS), makes me wonder who couldn't do better than what Jeff did this year.

centerpt1

He hasn't been out to skate much, other than the fairly local benefits. Not much to say. I wish he was getting out more so I could see him skate.:(

Duality

Is Jeremy finished with competitive skating or will he try for another year? What do you guys think?

Kecasyl

You aren't the only one reading, posting and interested in Jeremy's activities!

Was that directed at me? If so, I wasn't being rude etc in that post from last night. And 2 of you totally missed the point of part of that post and if it went over your head I'm not spelling it out. :rolleyes:

Also, if what you state is true (duh it's a freaking uber thread) then why don't I see anything? :shuffle:

I'm not here to argue.:drama:

Sylvia

TBD
I've contributed many posts in this thread from the beginning. To be honest, I've been taking a break because I don't enjoy reading posts speculating how Jeremy "could possibly kick Jeff [Buttle] to the curb."

ETA: Here's Jeremy's Instagram photos from Skate for Hope yesterday: https://instagram.com/p/2M1gCxm8Pi/
I'll be posting other links in the GSD thread for the show.

Last edited:

twizzlesizzle

I've contributed many posts in this thread from the beginning. To be honest, I've been taking a break because I don't enjoy reading posts speculating how Jeremy "could possibly kick Jeff [Buttle] to the curb."

Different strokes for different folks I guess... I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what Jeremy could do. If that isn't enjoyable to you, then that's not my problem. We'll let the Stars on Ice staff figure out who they want for the job when the time comes. My whole point of that post was that Jeremy could see time on the tour again, but with a possibility of: Could he be following in Kurt Browning's footsteps of choreographer AND performer in the show?

Change isn't bad. After seeing clips of SOI Canada vs SOI Japan vs seeing SOI USA, the USA tour is on life support. Someone like Jeremy is what the US tour needs to revive it. The best SOI before this year was Kurt's farewell tour. It was actually organized and was a show. Jeremy's got what it takes to take the US tour choreo and make it something the people will want to come back and see. Let Jeff have Japan, Kurt can do Canada, and give Jeremy a shot with the US tour.

centerpt1

SOI picks some odd talent. I only go when Jeremy's in it.

For some reason, the Canadian cast is always better than the US one.

I wish there was some good news about Jeremy. He's so talented.

Last edited:

twizzlesizzle

SOI picks some odd talent. I only go when Jeremy's in it.

For some reason, the Canadian cast is always better than the US one.

I wish there was some good news about Jeremy. He's so talented.

They pick who they can get at the time. This year was tough since the tour was going on during the end of the competition season.

Why is the Canadian Tour better? 2 words.... KURT BROWNING.

arakwafan2006

Kurt is respectfully heavy handed in adding his input. I don't always agree with him and sometimes find his perspective to be inconsistent but I respect that he is not afraid to voice his perspective.

Mozartist

Music Maker
I'm always very interested in your updates too. :)
As a big Jeremy fan, I'm glad that a fellow fan posted here, asking for our opinions as to whether Jeremy will retire from competitive skating now, or go on for another year.
I'm very glad that the hope is still alive that he just may stay in for another year.

Jeremy just had two skates this year at Nationals that were below what he usually delivers.
They were still very good skates, however.
Thus, Jeremy was not given a spot at the World Championships or even at the Four Continents. :-(
Jeremy is still a four-time US Champion and still at the top of his game.
Jeremy compares favorably with the other top US male figure skaters.

I really hope that Jeremy seriously re-evaluates everything and decides to stay in for another year!
There are a handful of international male skaters older than Jeremy and still doing well competitively.
Please stay in, Jeremy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information