How do you feel now that Vincent Zhou has a world medal and Max Aaron and Ross Minor do not?

How do you feel now that Vincent Zhou has a world medal and Max Aaron and Ross Minor do not?

• QUADQUADQUADQUADQUADQUAD

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I am upset quadless journeymen Adam Rippon and Jason Brown do not have world medals

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Max and Ross were viscuously robed on PCS

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I am too busy to vote in this pole

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • Purple

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.
I want to vote, but I haven't seen Vinscent skate all year. I am much two busy to watch his performances. I have a very busy life, ya no?

livetoskate

I am very happy for Vincent. I've sort of been following him since he was young, watched that Chinese documentary about his family, and am impressed that he got a perfect SAT score too. All of these skaters work hard and make great sacrifices for the sport. I admit I noticed Vincent's scratchy blades at nationals, especially compared to Jason Brown, but he's really improved and acknowledges he has room for improvement. His ability to casually jump into a 3z with both arms up in the FS warm up demonstrated what a great jumper he is.

Marco

I think it means if you wanna just focus on jumps you better do them when it counts. Not a fan of either Vincent's or Max's skating, but Vincent delivered enough to matter (e.g. US Nationals, Jr Worlds, Olympics, this Worlds etc). Max wasn't really quite consistent enough esp on the bigger jumps for judges to overlook his other skating flaws the way they can for Vincent.

At their peak (and currently for Vincent), Ross is probably the best skater. But he also has the least consistency out of the three. There isn't much else to say if you don't skate well enough to earn your Federation's trust, not that Ross wasn't given opportunities in the past.

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.
Absolutely proud of Vincent, he was great!

I'm wondering, what is the point of this thread? There's nothing humorous here: it appears to be a deliberate attempt to make fun of Vincent and diminish his accomplishment. I don't think he deserves that.

Hmm, I think it is to commend Vincent on his accomplishment, and probably to show that Max Aaron never deserved to be close to a world podium despite his crazies who idolized him. Poor Max sometimes had some good jumps, but he was never world class.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Purple is leading the poll.

On the other hand if people are too busy to vote but no-one sees them vote, have they really voted?

I did not vote because the options seemed meaningless to me. I didn’t see one that I agreed with.

I’m very happy for Vincent because he is an AMERICAN!!! F*** YEAH!!!! 😜

This is the last reason for me to celebrate him. I am not patriotic where figure skating is concerned. I saw a skater (not his nationality) who struggled, was routinely penalized - sometimes unfairly- but he never complained. He kept working hard and he finally succeeded in winning a medal at worlds. I admire his perseverance and his discipline. It has nothing to do with him being an American.

Absolutely proud of Vincent, he was great!

I'm wondering, what is the point of this thread? There's nothing humorous here: it appears to be a deliberate attempt to make fun of Vincent and diminish his accomplishment. I don't think he deserves that.

Exactly.

It also bothered me that the poster called this a ‘Pole’ rather than a ‘Poll’ . This is not such a difficult word to spell. The poll options and the thread title bothered me a lot more.

tamms

Not a fan of Vincent and his skating but he did his best at Worlds so good for him.

But I do agree that Max and Ross were robbed on their PCS, and Adam and Jason not being world medalists. None of these things have anything to with Vincent.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I know it is Monday Morning. I know I have a figure skating hangover. However, I don't get the question. Were Ross and Max there? Did I miss something?

VGThuy

I was wondering how many of the votes on this "pole" were serious. Especially those who voted for options 2 and 3.

shine

This is the last reason for me to celebrate him. I am not patriotic where figure skating is concerned. I saw a skater (not his nationality) who struggled, was routinely penalized - sometimes unfairly- but he never complained. He kept working hard and he finally succeeded in winning a medal at worlds. I admire his perseverance and his discipline. It has nothing to do with him being an American.
Maybe not to America, but to Russia, OTOH.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information