When was Mark Mitchell robbed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bardtoob

Clichy Competitive Audition Protocol Auditor
giphy.gif
I never doubted the exchange of money :ds1:

Erin

I dare you to post a video of Michael Chack's 1993 U.S. Nationals Free Skate to prove your point!

It’s in one of the videos in post 17, and I also posted it in a different thread the other day, so that’s not much of a dare. Chack skates at around 1 hour 8 minutes, but I would suggest starting with Galindo’s skate 7 minutes earlier.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

It’s in one of the videos in post 17, and I also posted it in a different thread the other day, so that’s not much of a dare. Chack skates at around 1 hour 8 minutes, but I would suggest starting with Galindo’s skate 7 minutes earlier.
Rudy killed it. He was awesome. Thanks for that.

I forgot how much presence Chack had on the ice. When Michael was on, he was outstanding.

Mitchell was fortunate that Galindo and Chack were in the penultimate group. Had both skaters placed higher in the short, Mark may not have made the world team.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Many thanks, @Erin. So that's the chacked Chack Free Skate! The height and rotational speed on his jumps is outstanding. Too bad Chack couldn't always check his landings. :shuffle:

And yeah, Rudy Galindo's FS was all that and a bag of chips.

Marco

Mitchell was fortunate that Galindo and Chack were in the penultimate group. Had both skaters placed higher in the short, Mark may not have made the world team.
He would have. It's all about pecking order and by 1993, Paul and Chris had retired, Todd wasn't at his peak and Mark was by then one of the top men whom USFS had to rely upon. There's also the payback element for 1992.

It's a sad vicious cycle of not properly scoring the skating but instead focusing on ensuring top placements for the top skaters for world team assignments; and the victims of these past Nationals didn't get preferential treatment until they themselves became veterans with their own skating being off or going downhill altogether. The judging was never going to be spot on unless and until the 3 men that they wanted in were going to be safely in the top 3. How discouraging for up and comers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information