From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
The Test skates havent started but from practices Valieva and Trusova look good for this olympics cycle barring injury.
The third spot a battle between Kostornaia and Svhetbakova, who would predict this ?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The Test skates havent started but from practices Valieva and Trusova look good for this olympics cycle barring injury.
The third spot a battle between Kostornaia and Practices Svhetbakova, who would predict this ?
Practices are just practices. They are not competitions. They are not even test skates. I wouldn't write off Shcherbakova.
I read that she has an injury and hopefully she will recover soon. We saw her win the nationals while battling sickness in 2021.

Kostornaia May be a question mark right now because I have not seen much of her lately. I would not write off her either.

It seems you didn't even think of Tuk for the third spot! I would not count out her either.

Last edited:

kalle

Has there been any reports if Uschaeva has started to land any 3A? She had such a great 2A last year so upgrading to a 3A does not seem completely unlikely.

I would not count out Khromyk with her quads either..

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I did not expect the second stepsister Kromykh to get quads again this season
anyways. I'll stand by what I said before Kromykh landing that quad is a FLUKE.

the First Stepsister, Usacheva, I highly doubt she can get a triple axel this season
triple axels are much harder to learn than quads, and if your not landing it in practices there is no hope this season.

Also the two stepsisters, seem to be getting the short end of the stick
with their music selections.

seabm7

Unofficially, Aliev is not going to Nebelhorn.

Taso

I did not expect the second stepsister Kromykh to get quads again this season
anyways. I'll stand by what I said before Kromykh landing that quad is a FLUKE.

the First Stepsister, Usacheva, I highly doubt she can get a triple axel this season
triple axels are much harder to learn than quads, and if your not landing it in practices there is no hope this season.

Also the two stepsisters, seem to be getting the short end of the stick
with their music selections.
Is this stepsister metaphor a thing on some other thread? It feels creepy to me....

Ka3sha

New interview with Aleksandr Zhulin

Nikita had an exacerbation of his chronic back injury in the off-season, but feels better now. Other than that the guys didn't have any problems and are 50% ready for the season. They will do Russian Cup event in Syzran and then Denis Ten Memorial in Kazakhstan.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
how far have Boikova / Kozlovskii been left behind by Mishina / Galliamov in just a year.
His Strength is what makes Mishina able to do more lift variations which Moskvina loves

I dare anybody still say M/G and B/K are equal and Moskvina has no favorites.

Bigbird

how far have Boikova / Kozlovskii been left behind by Mishina / Galliamov in just a year.
His Strength is what makes Mishina able to do more lift variations which Moskvina loves

I dare anybody still say M/G and B/K are equal and Moskvina has no favorites.
I think M/G are just stronger mentally and physically. B/K has a great short they just cannot skate it. I have not dared to watch the LP yet.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I think M/G are just stronger mentally and physically. B/K has a great short they just cannot skate it. I have not dared to watch the LP yet.
Their packaging for SP and LP are all wrong
you cant get any more overused than warhorses like Swan Lake and Zorro, worst part was they couldn't pull it off.

Its already a warning these test skates they are so messy, thought I don't expect them to be thrown under the bus by the Fed during an Olympic season, but If this season turns south for them, I'm almost certain they will leave Moskvina.

Maybe with Tut if Tarasova / Morozov retire after this season, but did you saw Tutberidze staring at Mishina / Galliamov, she is watching them and I think she admires them.

I tend to compare Galliamov before with Bruno Massot, maybe on a higher level ?
Galliamov is what Massot would have been, had he been expressive with fine lines and better posture.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Galliamov is the perfect pair man. Mishina is so strong and I love that she is proving her former partner so wrong about her abilities. I am such a fan of these two!! ❤️ 💕 💗
She was just too much woman/skater for him. You have to pity the man. His injuries also made him irritable.

Galliamov is just a lovely specimen of a man, Mishina was fortunate to find him. He is a gem.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
She was just too much woman/skater for him. You have to pity the man. His injuries also made him irritable.

Galliamov is just a lovely specimen of a man, Mishina was fortunate to find him. He is a gem.
Mirzoev was short, just a little taller than Mishina
it was never gonna work long term. His short stature caused his neck and shoulder injuries.

Ka3sha

Interviews with all coaches after the test skates

Zhuk/Svinin commented on S/B and S/E withdrawal. Stepanova had fever and angina few days before the test skates, so they decided to stay at home. Shevchenko had a severe c19 case in June, hasn’t recovered yet…

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Interviews with all coaches after the test skates

Zhuk/Svinin commented on S/B and S/E withdrawal. Stepanova had fever and angina few days before the test skates, so they decided to stay at home. Shevchenko had a severe c19 case in June, hasn’t recovered yet…
Angina at her age is not good. I hope they are both ok. :(

hanca

Values her privacy
Angina at her age is not good. I hope they are both ok. :(
I think it may be a mistake in translation. At some parts of the world ‘Angina’ is a bacterial illness (although in some occasions it can be viral too) with high temperature and sore throat (tonsillitis). Whereas in English speaking countries Angina means heart problems. As the reports about Angina comes from Russia, my guess would be that they meant tonsillitis and it has been wrongly translated.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I think it may be a mistake in translation. At some parts of the world ‘Angina’ is a bacterial illness (although in some occasions it can be viral too) with high temperature and sore throat (tonsillitis). Whereas in English speaking countries Angina means heart problems. As the reports about Angina comes from Russia, my guess would be that they meant tonsillitis and it has been wrongly translated.
Thanks. That's a different situation then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information