From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

skylark

She was just too much woman/skater for him. You have to pity the man. His injuries also made him irritable.

Galliamov is just a lovely specimen of a man, Mishina was fortunate to find him. He is a gem.

He is lovely ... and he was fortunate to get Mishina too! Happily, he says so. He's made a point of saying that the pairs man's and woman's contributions to all the elements, including lifts, are equal and equally important. Just different.

Mishina is strong, as witnessed by how she holds her position where she sits on his hand. But she's also so lovely, the way she projects such confidence, not cocky but like she wants to share her happiness with all of us. She's natural. When asked what she likes about lifts, she said she likes being up high so she can smile at people. By that, I take it to mean she enjoys the opportunity, if fleeting, for eye contact or connection. When asked what they like most about each other, Mishina said that she can trust Galliamov to always lift her safely and catch her. He said he likes that she gives encouragement during a program when he makes a mistake. It's never overt, as far as I can tell. A hand squeeze and a look that passes between them.

You can tell, I ❤️ this couple.

Ananas Astra

In the ROOKERY
You can tell, I ❤️ this couple.
Not only you, darling.

I have posted a couple of times how much I admire Mishina for her comeback story after that nasty dump from Mirzoev and her very subtle but effective symbolical middle finger to him by winning Jr. and Sr. Worlds with Galliamov. Mirzoev can stay where he is and drown in his regret.

Galliamov is an absolute gem. I remember watching their SP last Christmas with my bf's mom and she also loved them and she jokingly said during his slide-move: "How nice of him to bend the knee to her. It doesn't happen too often with men doing this."

skylark

Not only you, darling.

I have posted a couple of times how much I admire Mishina for her comeback story after that nasty dump from Mirzoev and her very subtle but effective symbolical middle finger to him by winning Jr. and Sr. Worlds with Galliamov. Mirzoev can stay where he is and drown in his regret.

Galliamov is an absolute gem. I remember watching their SP last Christmas with my bf's mom and she also loved them and she jokingly said during his slide-move: "How nice of him to bend the knee to her. It doesn't happen too often with men doing this."
I admire her for the classy way she responded. More with acknowledgement than anything else. According to my friend Wiki, Mishina said publicly something like 'I know he (Mirzoev) struggles with my weight but it's not possible for me to lose more.' I'm just happy that she, at the time only 15, was able to emerge from that partnership accepting herself and accepting that with his height and slender build, the pair just wasn't going to work from that time forward. And within a couple of months, she was with the Galliamov gem.

I like your friend's mom's comment too. Part of their charm is that Mishina is such a joyful, natural lady and Galliamov is such a gallant gentlemen, always. And it gets demonstrated in their skating choreography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information