From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

IFS Magazine article on Tamara Moskvina
Even though she is now approaching the 60-year mark in her figure skating career, Moskvina said she still feels a love and passion for the sport and has never tired of it. However, she does plan to change direction following the 2021-2022 Olympic season, which will signal an end to her long and successful career.

At the end of this cycle, she does not plan to continue coaching full-time or take responsibility for any more pairs teams. “First of all, I would like to keep my health — not only physically, but also my emotional state. After the 2022 Olympic year, I would like to engage in different activities — maybe do some consulting work with athletes, maybe write a book, or get involved in doing work for society. There are many options, but right now my main goal is to prepare my athletes in good spirits for the most important competition of their lives.”

Sylvia

TBD
Anastasia Mukhortova - Dmitry Evgeniev: "This is our happy start - the start of the path" (short interview with the JGP Kosice pairs gold medalists):

Veronika Zhilina, Kirill Sarnovsky (JGP Kosice gold medalists in singles): "Now we are coming home and we will train even more":

skylark

That's a great article on Tamara Moskvina.

My favorite things in it are (1) what she values in a coach -- enthusiasm; the ability to train by creating different exercises and approaches, rather than repeat the same thing X number of times; a creative approach. (2) what she values in pairs skating -- artistry. And (3) twice, she mentioned the importance of a pair Not Arguing -- in training or before competitions.

It's not surprising that she plans to quit coaching (and go on to doing other things) after this Olympics. But it's sad, anyway. I always feel that the great gifts she gives her students are encouragement and positive reinforcement of their strengths.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist

Several skaters out of test skates.

🇷🇺 Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin, Sofia Shevchenko / Igor Eremenko, Arina Ushakova / Maxim Nekrasov, Daria Pavliuchenko / Denis Khodykin, and Daniil Samsonov will miss Russian Test Skates due to medical reasons

wickedwitch

Oof. That's a lot.

P/K have an uphill battle to begin with, and being injured isn't going to help things.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Oof. That's a lot.

P/K have an uphill battle to begin with, and being injured isn't going to help things.
I guess Boikova / Kozlovskii would be happy, no threat for that 3rd russian spot.

Boikova / Kozlovsky were the most vulnerable this season given their inconsistency
They were ranked russian No.3 in the pecking order at the moment.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I'm sure they're still living in fear of the day Panfilova lands a triple :glamor:
Boikova / Kozlovsky lacks the most reputation they are not consistent or european world champions like Mishina / Galliamov
nor are they higher scroring potential than Tarasova / Morozov

They were the most vulnerable. The bombed the GPF, Euros and Worlds
Boikova / Kozlovsky are notoriously inconsistent and have never skated a clean program ever.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Boikova / Kozlovsky lacks the most reputation they are not consistent or european world champions like Mishina / Galliamov

Boikova / Kozlovsky are notoriously inconsistent and have never skated a clean program ever.
Then I probably only dreamed that they won Euros in 2020 and ended up ahead of T/M at the last Worlds.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You do realize that since Europeans were not held in 2021 that BoiKoz are the reigning European champions right?

love_skate2011

Banned Member
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You do realize that since Europeans were not held in 2021 that BoiKoz are the reigning European champions right?
ok I missed that one but they bombed the GPF and didn't medal after expecting to get the gold
same at Worlds placing 3rd after expecting to challenge Sui/Han.

Boikova / Kozlovskii trails Mishina / Galliamov in consistency and technicality
slightly just ahead of Tarasova / Morozov in consistency. Overall they are russian No.3 Yes ( so the most replaceable)

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Well, and Mishina/Galliamov bombed Nationals and were lucky they were sent to Worlds after a decent performance at some other competition in Mother Russia.
Tarasova/Morozov bombed Worlds and Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin bombed some other competition, so I'd say the four top pairs are pretty much all vulnerable and able to bomb, so nothing is safe yet.

As for me, I love both Moskvina pairs and want them both to go to the Olympics.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Well, and Mishina/Galliamov bombed Nationals and were lucky they were sent to Worlds after a decent performance at some other competition in Mother Russia.
Tarasova/Morozov bombed Worlds and Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin bombed some other competition, so I'd say the four top pairs are pretty much all vulnerable and able to bomb, so nothing is safe yet.

As for me, I love both Moskvina pairs and want them both to go to the Olympics.
Mishina / Galliamov struggle mostly only in domestic competitions.

S

SmallFairy

What are you smoking? I want it!

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Stranger things have happened...besides, we have yet to see the full programs. I can see her as Cruella, to be honest. Frida...remains to be seen.
And I am by no means a Trusova-fan.
Frida is a big No Not her style.
I can already picture Cruella with a costume change !

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Which makes them most vulnerable then, because it is the domestic competition (nationals) that decides who goes to Europeans and Olympics.
They were selected last year after bombing the nationals. They will be selected this year, regardless of where they finish at the nationals. They don't have much competition. If this was the ladies field, I would be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information