From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
It’s even worse in the SP...as that mint green “thing” glides by the judges!!!

(Trusova is a huge fave of mine, otherwise. Wish that she’d replace the cantilever with a spread eagle...save the cantilever for exhibitions... clown numbers, as Mr Frick used to perform at Ice Capades.
Are you having some secret obsession with women’s crotches?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Are you having some secret obsession with women’s crotches?
Nope no obsession. Are you?

Trusova is the ing into a wonderful skater. That truck was needed... To help her stand out from all the Russian wonder kids. She no longer needs it. And it is beneath her...... Pun intended.

Tinami Amori

It may not make her body in the central section look bigger, but my aesthetic feeling is still screaming that this was not a good idea!
I hate puff sleeves too, but that's what's in style on the world runways......
etc......

Tinami Amori

Getting back to Trusova , I find nothing of interest in that Romeo and Juliet program. Her programs were much better with Eteri. She might as well be skating to anything. Her only real interest is to jump and Plushenko indulges her, apparently Eteri didn't.
That is exactly what some "russian insiders" are saying. So you are not alone in your opinion.

Her style of skating is fine IF AND ONLY IF she sticks to the right "power" music and more athletic costumes, like jump-suites she had before, or "abstract/geometric" designs. Her "girly stage" does not suite her and her abilities.

Tinami Amori

Just an FYI. Averbuch and Navka are cancelling/postponing their Winter Holidays shows, due to increased ******** public places/events/gatherings restrictions in Moscow and across Russia. Avebuch may try to run his shows in Sochi and few other towns/cities where the arenas can fit the requirements.

Last edited:

sap5

Seriously? I must not be that much of an uber as I thought. I cannot recall this incident. I recall the French nip slip incident. But oh well old age must be catching up on me.
She also had one at the Vancouver Olympics (captured in VM’s book for posterity) and several while wearing the unlined “Good Kisser” top. None of it is a big deal. Just thought your comment about how she did her best for the skating folks was funny. Maybe she did. ;)

Natanielle825

Some crazy quad toes from Sofia and Veronika, and of course Sofia's triple axels. Then just like the seniors, they fall apart at the end on their combos and step sequences. Too much pressure or too much content? Veronika reminds me of Sasha, a jumping bean w/o much artistry. Sofia's artistry is ok, nothing special yet, I haven't seen the protocols but I'd guess she got crazy PCS for no reason.
This line on Trusova is ridiculous in my opinion. There are a million crotch shots in skating, her's is no different. Are we banning Y spins and spirals for ladies? No we're not. If you wanna say none of these girls should be skating in skimpy dresses, fine. But don't put them in panties and then complain when you can see their panties, smh.
As for the cantilever itself, it would be cool if done to appropriate music. But her choreographers are incompetent - "It's her signature move, let's stick it in every program at the least appropriate time." I love Shoma's Great Spirit, and also think it would be good music for Trusova. She clearly wanted to skate to lyrical music this season and I guess should be allowed to try, but I really hope someone with a brain gives her powerful programs to dynamic music for the Olympic season.

Sylvia

TBD
"For the first time in the history of sports, Russian figure skater Sofia Akatieva [won Junior gold in Kazan, scoring 231.44 total] performed two quadruple jumps and a triple axel in one program." https://rsport.ria.ru/20201112/istoriya-1584312394.html
Her Junior FS (151.32): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwKsV-BYufo

Veronika Zhilina finished 2nd overall (197.45), 3rd in FS (126.40): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpqcFcTH4aA
She said she said she had the c*ronavirus and had one week of training before the Russian Cup 4th stage in Kazan: https://tass.ru/sport/9988515

Alina Gorbacheva was 3rd overall (193.68), 2nd in the FS (128.77): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAKDp_NxXLQ

Junior Ladies FS protocols: https://fsrussia.ru/results/2021/4etap/opMC__Scores.pdf

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Added to Rostelecom Cup (Nov. 20-22):
Artem KOVALEV (eta: replaced Irakli Maysuradze GEO who WD on 10/19)
Evgeni SEMENENKO (replaced the injured Artur Danielian)

No longer competing at RC: Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN (they were still listed as of 10/29)

Any update on Konkina/Drozd?
Are they done?
FWIW, their ISU bio is updated with 2020-21 (new) program music before they WD from Rostelecom Cup on Nov. 4: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107610.htm
RD: Mack The Knife performed by Michael Bublé / Mack and Mabel (musical)
FD: My Brilliant Friend (TV series soundtrack) by Max Richter

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

FWIW, their ISU bio is updated with 2020-21 (new) program music before they WD from Rostelecom Cup on Nov. 4: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107610.htm
RD: Mack The Knife performed by Michael Bublé / Mack and Mabel (musical)
FD: My Brilliant Friend (TV series soundtrack) by Max Richter
I absolutely love that music! :love:
They better show up still sometime this season. I hope for a bye to nationals based on the lack of 15 decent dance couples.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I always love seeing My Brilliant Friend getting some recognition! I'll be interested to see what they do with it.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Great to see Kovalev and Semenenko getting a spot, finally! Is Evgenia Medvedeva really competing at Rostelecom? If not, can they just replace her with Nugumanova or Talalykina already?

Tinami Amori

What about the same crotch in the same position when doing the same in gymnastic and not having the skirt, having only leotard. Is that vulgar?
For the record, the presence of a skirt gives flashes of panties and crotch a "pick-a-boo" effect, kind of the same as when boys tried to pick under girls' skirts in school, of when a wind blast lifted a lady's skirt.... :). Leotards and jump-suites are much better - they say "sport" vs. unintended teasing.

There are a million crotch shots in skating, her's is no different. Are we banning Y spins and spirals for ladies? No we're not.
Y-spins and spirals "crotch shots" appear "accidental", as a result of a "balletic" or "dance" move. Spreading your legs horizontally, from side to side, up till now, in most societies, is associated with invitation to have sex. That's why in kiss-n-cry ladies/girls are asked to keep their legs together and not sit like boys/men do. There is a saying.... "she spreads her legs...."

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Some crazy quad toes from Sofia and Veronika, and of course Sofia's triple axels. Then just like the seniors, they fall apart at the end on their combos and step sequences. Too much pressure or too much content? Veronika reminds me of Sasha, a jumping bean w/o much artistry. Sofia's artistry is ok, nothing special yet, I haven't seen the protocols but I'd guess she got crazy PCS for no reason.
This line on Trusova is ridiculous in my opinion. There are a million crotch shots in skating, her's is no different. Are we banning Y spins and spirals for ladies? No we're not. If you wanna say none of these girls should be skating in skimpy dresses, fine. But don't put them in panties and then complain when you can see their panties, smh.
As for the cantilever itself, it would be cool if done to appropriate music. But her choreographers are incompetent - "It's her signature move, let's stick it in every program at the least appropriate time." I love Shoma's Great Spirit, and also think it would be good music for Trusova. She clearly wanted to skate to lyrical music this season and I guess should be allowed to try, but I really hope someone with a brain gives her powerful programs to dynamic music for the Olympic season.
Yes you can see note of underwear and butts in skating. tova however with that move right 8n front of the judger looks like she is taunting them.it is not in Trusovas case an organic part of the program. It is a taunt IMO.

You see lots of crotches to be sure... What you don't see is any other skater flaunting theirs for the judges. Take MKs spiral. Crotch.... Yes. Directing same to judges... Nope.

LoopCombo

I doubt her purpose in doing what has become one of her signature moves in front of the judges is to ‘flaunt her crotch.’ She has a good cantilever, and the idea of anyone being so fixated on her crotch as some of the people on this forum may not have occurred to her or her choreographers, who seem to view her as an athlete rather than a potential sexual trigger. Leotard crotches are part of ballet, gymnastics, and figure skating. I hope you all enjoy your journey back to the 19th century when at last the portal to the past reopens and you are able to return to the comfort of long hem-lines and proper decorum. In the meantime, I hear that averting the eyes usually helps when confronted with disturbing images.

Tinami Amori

I doubt her purpose in doing what has become one of her signature moves in front of the judges is to ‘flaunt her crotch.’
I don't think she intends to flaunt it to the judges. However, i would not doubt that Pluschenko thought it would be "provocative" and "sensationalist" to do so as in "see! because i can"... :) She did this move for the last 3 years, but never so "in your fact" towards the judges. Cantilever is best appreciated athletically when viewed from the side, because it shows the balancing and the back stretch. To impress judges athletically it's not the crotch they need to show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information