From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

It does? What is the meaning?
In USA/UK a lot of procedures/tests/exams are "Out-Patient", whereas in Russia such are "In-Patient" procedures. You have to check into a hospital first and stay overnight a few days. So in English "hospitalized" sounds like "an emergency" or "acute case" treatment, very serious, where a person had to be immediately picked up by ambulance and taken to the hospital, or he/she is going in for a VERY serious operation that requires hospital stay.

zebraswan

I thought skaters weren't even allowed to train in Moscow right now unless they're in the national team, because of the record virus cases, but now they're planning a show and still having audiences at the competitions? What exactly is going on? And why can hardly anyone wear a mask correctly? (Plushenko 🙄🤦‍♀️)

hanca

Values her privacy
I thought skaters weren't even allowed to train in Moscow right now unless they're in the national team, because of the record ***** cases, but now they're planning a show and still having audiences at the competitions? What exactly is going on? And why can hardly anyone wear a mask correctly? (Plushenko 🙄🤦‍♀️)
It wasn’t only Pluschenko, it was about a half of the coaches who wee there. In fact, I wondered whether they have some new fashion, covering themselves only partially.

Bigbird

If they carry on at this rate half of the athletes might be infected or seriously injured by Nationals and going to worlds or Europeans will be a mess.

On another note, why so many changes to Trusova's program and they still didn't sort out her spin for this competition? With all that, she should have just focused on skating clean. Does Rozanov not understand the politics enough to explain this to his boss?

But erm, was it just me but I kinda liked Daria the most I find Kamila sort of humps when she skates, it sorta distracts. But anyhoo, I hope Aliona is taking notes. Now her programs are the ones I want to see.

EDIT: For all his gripping about S/Ks injuries and whatnot, it was refreshing to not see K dragging her around like a ragdoll. All they need now is a bit of flair or personality. But that will come when the injuries heal. How will they get to do that if they have to skate again next week?

Is the FED, in light of all the skaters with injuries and illnesses and it that shall not be named, not going to revise their policies? Anyways, rant over.

Last edited:

zebraswan

It wasn’t only Pluschenko, it was about a half of the coaches who wee there. In fact, I wondered whether they have some new fashion, covering themselves only partially.

Yes, way too many and they all look ridiculous. I single him out in particular because he of all people has enough experience in Japan, with Japanese fans, etc. that he should be well aware how they're worn. He also has an infant at home so maybe it would be smart not to bring home a serious virus.

But really, we are more than half a year into this with enough extremely high profile cases of what not to do, so everyone should be aware of the "how" and "why" of mask wearing. It's not complicated. Thank goodness Eteri's team sets a better example.

Tinami Amori

On another note, why so many changes to Trusova's program and they still didn't sort out her spin for this competition? With all that, she should have just focused on skating clean. Does Rozanov not understand the politics enough to explain this to his boss?
Rozanov is no longer Trusova's coach. Trusova's family is upset that he assisted Kostornaya's transfer to Pluschenko, and do not want anything to do with him. Trusova's training time is set so that she will not cross path with Kostornaya and Rozanov.

Sin/Katz, per Zhulin, may or may not skate tomorrow, Katz is feeling some discomfort.

Skibean

Elena did not exactly denied, she "bushed it off" with phrase that had a bit of sarcasm.
When at the end of March 2018 the rumor was out that Medvedeva is switching coaches, she herself sent a message to the press to leave her and her coach alone and that she is not going anywhere "together for the road ahead". Some of these girls lie when they get into difficult situation, especially those who have been "few time around the block" and learned to play games.
[/QUOTE

But was
Rozanov is no longer Trusova's coach. Trusova's family is upset that he assisted Kostornaya's transfer to Pluschenko, and do not want anything to do with him. Trusova's training time is set so that she will not cross path with Kostornaya and Rozanov.

Sin/Katz, per Zhulin, may or may not skate tomorrow, Katz is feeling some discomfort.

Oh wow. Is this true? Is Trusova really that difficult?

Tinami Amori

Oh wow. Is this true? Is Trusova really that difficult?
Trusova was promised a lot by Pluschenko, one thing is that she'll be his number one skater, his top priority, and that Rozanov will guide her technically. She did not expect that her main rival will transfer into the group, with help of Rozanov and acceptance by Pluschenko. Trusova and her family feel betrayed.

Skibean

I could kind of understand her feelings- especially if she left Eteri so she wouldn’t constantly be associated with the whole 3A stuff that the girls wanted to distance themselves from. However, it all seems so unnecessary.

So Trusova was the issue all along? Makes me feel bad for Alena since many were saying she was the one refusing to skate with certain skaters.

Sounds like what we have are very strong girls that have a goal to win. I hope Plushenko is ready for these divas. 😂

Bigbird

This is ridiculous. There are too many talented young girls for Plushenko to do this. Starve himself of talent to please one family? Rubbish that really fast. That will never work..What she going to do if the ignored Kostornaia starts to beat her? Run back to ET? A whole other slew of girls will beat her.

Ridiculous, there is so much they could learn from each other by training on the same ice, not only with each other but by the other up and comers in his team.

So are they forcing his hand to kick Kostornaia to the curb? Good luck with that.

But hold up, hasn't K healed up somewhat? I thought the issue was with S having knee pain, it was wrapped?

Scott512

Elena Ilynikh reacted to the rumour that she dosen't train Aliona https://www.instagram.com/p/CF4CJUEFVLZ/
via google translate

'Elena, did you really refuse to work with Alena at Plushenko's Angels? Why? All the media are already writing about this ... "

“I don’t know at all where the“ media ”comes from in some course, but it’s funny to read, of course,”

Is this not unequivocal?

Thanks. I never knew there was a rumour she didnt train Alena. I thought it was Sasha.

Scott512

If that was how it originally played out and that was her motivation for leaving Eteri then I wouldn't blame her either I would be pissed off too. I don't think it's selfish or immature for an athlete to want to be #1 in the eyes of their coach and not have to share.

Then I blame the adults on her side who made the contract for not putting it in writing. Promises mean nothing when it comes to money and competition.
Your last 2 sentences are the truth.

Sasha training seperately from Aliona with different coaches is just going to make Aliona feel uncomfortable. Young Sergei too. He cant work with Sasha? He helped her learn quads at Sambo 70. And Plushenko will want more sensations with his girls. Unless Sasha and Aliona say nyet to that. Evgeni needs to be careful. Keep the great girls at 2 of TT former girls plus Zhilina. Stasya looks good so far. Lets see what happens.

Scott512

This is ridiculous. There are too many talented young girls for Plushenko to do this. Starve himself of talent to please one family? Rubbish that really fast. That will never work..What she going to do if the ignored Kostornaia starts to beat her? Run back to ET? A whole other slew of girls will beat her.

Ridiculous, there is so much they could learn from each other by training on the same ice, not only with each other but by the other up and comers in his team.

So are they forcing his hand to kick Kostornaia to the curb? Good luck with that.

But hold up, hasn't K healed up somewhat? I thought the issue was with S having knee pain, it was wrapped?
I agree with every word. I too think they can learn from each other. You know like Yulia learned from Polina and Zhenya learned from Yulia and Alina from Zhenya and Anna Sasha Aliona Kamila Dasha and Maya all sharing the ice together watching each other learning each others strengths and weaknessees. Having so much talent in one discipline is a blessing and a curse. If Plushenko isnt careful he will upset Sasha to the point of her wanting change. But she has coach Volkov and could be happy.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

This has got to be a joke!

lala

I could kind of understand her feelings- especially if she left Eteri so she wouldn’t constantly be associated with the whole 3A stuff that the girls wanted to distance themselves from. However, it all seems so unnecessary.

So Trusova was the issue all along? Makes me feel bad for Alena since many were saying she was the one refusing to skate with certain skaters.

Sounds like what we have are very strong girls that have a goal to win. I hope Plushenko is ready for these divas. 😂

That is not true. Tinami can't know that. :D Tinami wrote what she would like to see.

lala

Ted Barton: Amazing to watch how much Sasha Trusova has improved in each movement she does throughout her short program and how she has become so connected to her music. This little lady has become a young woman in performance while still maintaining great athletic ability. Very nice!

Oksana Baiul https://www.instagram.com/p/CGL5n5Ejh1X/?igshid=1twprlroow2gk

Lipnitskaya congratulated to her, too.

Last edited:

kalle

Trusova was promised a lot by Pluschenko, one thing is that she'll be his number one skater, his top priority, and that Rozanov will guide her technically. She did not expect that her main rival will transfer into the group, with help of Rozanov and acceptance by Pluschenko. Trusova and her family feel betrayed.

I was thinking about this when I heard Kostornaia was also joining Plushenkos team. I mean, Trusovas transfer was not surprising but to have Kostornaia following her?? I fully understand if Trusova parents are annoyed. But of course, there can always be competition in the same club and if anyone is used to that, it is Eteri's girls.

anonymoose_au

Reads latest posts in this thread

Oh yeah Sasha sure looks devastated to be with her coaches

Do you guys think before you type or do you just let any old BS come out?

lala

Reads latest posts in this thread

Oh yeah Sasha sure looks devastated to be with her coaches

Do you guys think before you type or do you just let any old BS come out?

Jackie Wong
https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1315013865051246595

Alexandra Trusova’s 3A is light years ahead of the 3A attempts I saw from her at GPF last year - this is a legit solid jump now. Also, every piece of her skating has improved since last season, esp in this SP

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1315015012168200192
"It’s funny how one skater shows visible improvements and their PCS remains the same, and another skater shows basically the same level of (very strong) skating and their PCS goes up 10% from last season"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGM3Km-qEQp/ 3A

Everybody can see it if they want.

angi

Two thoughts after the FD event at Russian cup:
1. Sinitsina's injury looks pretty severe at this point, I hope she can recover in time for the next event.
2. Judges are really pushing for Morozov/Bagin to be Russia's #3 team and I truly don't understand why, they are improving but their scores here made very little sense, and giving them +3/+4 GOE for almost every element is beyond excessive.

hanca

Values her privacy
Two thoughts after the FD event at Russian cup:
1. Sinitsina's injury looks pretty severe at this point, I hope she can recover in time for the next event.
2. Judges are really pushing for Morozov/Bagin to be Russia's #3 team and I truly don't understand why, they are improving but their scores here made very little sense, and giving them +3/+4 GOE for almost every element is beyond excessive.
I am hoping that the judges will realise that Khubardieva/Bazin are better than Morozov/Bagin. And I can’t see how Zahorski/Gureiro will willingly let go of their number 3 spot without fight.

angi

You don't? :shuffle:

(I actually really like M/B and think they deserve to do well! Tutberidze's daughter is great, too! But yeah.)
Well, I do, but I guess I'm naive enough to think they do care about the optics. I also think M/B deserves to do well but they should be scored at least close to their level which just isn't happening.

Darkverse

Bear in mind that we get a lot of rumors and gossip on this board. As with all rumors and gossip, some turns out to be accurate, some doesn't.
There is a different version of events where it is not Trusova and her family who are at fault but the other parties.

mjb52

When is the Russian Grand Prix event? To me, it would make sense for S/K to let the Russia Cup go, focus on the Russia Grand Prix event, and for RusFed to bye them to nationals either based on their Euros Championship last year, or to use the Grand Prix event to qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information