From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Scott512

Jeez what about Nathan Chen? I don't think he's quaking in his boots about the Russian men, good as they are getting. Maybe in a year or two. And I do have high hopes for Kolyada but let's be realistic for now...

I don't think it's good karma to get too cocky, so I'll stay nervous for all my Russian faves.
He's talking about the lady's not the men.

Tinami Amori

Team Tutberidze shared a practice clip yesterday of Alisa Dvoeglazova (Алисы Двоеглазовой), age 12, landing a 4T: https://rsport.ria.ru/20201129/tulup-1586810600.html
What level does she compete at?
She is novice equivalent going into juniors next year. Also she is not a newbie, she participated in 2 "Ice Age - Kids" events, two years in a row.

... since we're on quads, few days ago Adele Petrosian, i saw a IG video where she landed a quad at practice (in Khrystalniy), but i did not save the video.

Ka3sha

mjb52

I could be wrong, but just so people don't worry, it seems like she's already recovered and they are training again as of today. Seems like they are missing the stage b/c they have been off ice not b/c she is currently ill. That's through google translate though so I'm not 100% sure.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
It does sound like she has recovered. I just hate they had to lose more training time after everything else. They are having the worst luck.

mjb52

Zhulin doesn't say anything about their being sick, just that they were told they didn't need to skate to go to Nationals, so they (and Zhulin) decided not to.

Ka3sha

Zhulin doesn't say anything about their being sick, just that they were told they didn't need to skate to go to Nationals, so they (and Zhulin) decided not to.
The info about fever is from TASS reporter’s Telegram channel (Vladislav Zhukov). He, Anatoly Samokhvalov and few other journalists usually post brief and :sekret: comments there before it is in official news and articles.

Upd. Also from the same source: in the best scenario, we will see Stepanova/Bukin at Russian Nationals. But it’s also not given for now.

angi

Sinitsina/Katsalapov also withdrew, both have fever

( 🤬 at Rus Fed )
It's almost like throwing a banquet without social distancing or masks and having people eat from shared plates wasn't the best of ideas RusFed had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information