From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott512

Jeez what about Nathan Chen? I don't think he's quaking in his boots about the Russian men, good as they are getting. Maybe in a year or two. And I do have high hopes for Kolyada but let's be realistic for now...

I don't think it's good karma to get too cocky, so I'll stay nervous for all my Russian faves.
He's talking about the lady's not the men.

Tinami Amori

Team Tutberidze shared a practice clip yesterday of Alisa Dvoeglazova (Алисы Двоеглазовой), age 12, landing a 4T: https://rsport.ria.ru/20201129/tulup-1586810600.html
What level does she compete at?
She is novice equivalent going into juniors next year. Also she is not a newbie, she participated in 2 "Ice Age - Kids" events, two years in a row.

... since we're on quads, few days ago Adele Petrosian, i saw a IG video where she landed a quad at practice (in Khrystalniy), but i did not save the video.

Ka3sha

mjb52

I could be wrong, but just so people don't worry, it seems like she's already recovered and they are training again as of today. Seems like they are missing the stage b/c they have been off ice not b/c she is currently ill. That's through google translate though so I'm not 100% sure.

mjb52

Zhulin doesn't say anything about their being sick, just that they were told they didn't need to skate to go to Nationals, so they (and Zhulin) decided not to.

Ka3sha

Zhulin doesn't say anything about their being sick, just that they were told they didn't need to skate to go to Nationals, so they (and Zhulin) decided not to.
The info about fever is from TASS reporter’s Telegram channel (Vladislav Zhukov). He, Anatoly Samokhvalov and few other journalists usually post brief and :sekret: comments there before it is in official news and articles.

Upd. Also from the same source: in the best scenario, we will see Stepanova/Bukin at Russian Nationals. But it’s also not given for now.

Tinami Amori

Red Square GUM open skating rink had an opening show, featuring Alina Zagitova, Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas, performing short clips of Navka's winter shows, "Sleeping Beauty" and "Rusland & Ludmila" (makes news in Japan).

Scott512

Sinitsina/Katsalapov also withdrew, both have fever

( 🤬 at Rus Fed )
Is this abnormal with all the non-covid illnesses or is it just because it's getting so cold there in November? To me it seems like a lot of Russian skaters are sick this season compared to last season for instance. Can you add Anna with pneumonia and evgenia with colvard on top of this.

hanca

Values her privacy
Is this abnormal with all the non-********* illnesses or is it just because it's getting so cold there in November? To me it seems like a lot of Russian skaters are sick this season compared to last season for instance. Can you add Anna with pneumonia and evgenia with colvard on top of this.
It seems that a lot of them is sick, but in reality it is still quite a tiny percentage. Considering we know roughly 20 best ladies (all those who qualified for the senior nationals plus a few best juniors), 20 best men, 15 dance couples and 15 pairs, that’s suddenly 100 skaters. Some of us know even more of them. As far as we know, only Kozlovski, Galliamov, Zahorski, Morozov had the C thing. Medvedeva, Scherbakova, Sinitsina/Katsalapov and someone from Stepanova/Bukin’s group has been ill (it was never clarified who), but it is winter and people are ill every year. I can’t see it that much different than any other year.

happycamper2554

It seems that a lot of them is sick, but in reality it is still quite a tiny percentage. Considering we know roughly 20 best ladies (all those who qualified for the senior nationals plus a few best juniors), 20 best men, 15 dance couples and 15 pairs, that’s suddenly 100 skaters. Some of us know even more of them. As far as we know, only Kozlovski, Galliamov, Zahorski, Morozov had the C thing. Medvedeva, Scherbakova, Sinitsina/Katsalapov and someone from Stepanova/Bukin’s group has been ill (it was never clarified who), but it is winter and people are ill every year. I can’t see it that much different than any other year.

Both S/B. They said every adult in their group has been ill. So I would guess S/B, S/E and S/N and anyone else in that group.

jmtfti

I know even just from being backstage at a few late fall/winter competitions in the past that a pretty fair number of athletes, coaches, and press are fighting off some bug or another -- I usually made it out okay but did catch one bad cold thanks to another reporter literally coughing in my face -- so to some extent it's not too weird that anyone is ill now. But obviously the YKW adds a bigger wrinkle to these skater ailments themselves as well as how we look at them.

Bigbird

Is this abnormal with all the non-********* illnesses or is it just because it's getting so cold there in November? To me it seems like a lot of Russian skaters are sick this season compared to last season for instance. Can you add Anna with pneumonia and evgenia with colvard on top of this.
Well they just had the grand prix event with spectators. Practically no protocols were followed during the gala and banquet so we have what we have...

Tinami Amori

Medvedeva said she over her illness, returning to normal life.

"Getting back to normal life after a long pause. Forgetting about November and moving forward. Without great promises and words. I wish all the best to everyone. Well, I better go to eaaaaaaat! 🍰"

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Tarasova/Morozov withdrew from Russian Cup event #5, Evgenia has pneumonia
Well, that can't be good!

Amy L

Amy L

I didn't realize everyone skating today were juniors, oops. So no Vislobokova/Yalin till next week then, though their ex-partners are skating today instead!

J

Jeschke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information