From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Wonder what the translation of Mean Girls is in Russian. However, @Tinami Amori - haven’t you reported that Kosternaia is a diva herself at Sambo? What comes around goes around.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
SENIOR MEN (so excluding Samsonov and Danielian)

International
Dmitri Aliev 255
Alexander Samarin 246
Andrei Mozalev 236
Petr Gumennik 232
Makar Ignatov 220
Egor Murashov 219 (*still needs to qualify via Russian Cup)
Sergei Voronov 206
Andrei Lazukin 203
TBD: Kolyada, Savosin, Shulepov

Top scores at national events for those who haven't competed internationally-
Vladimir Samoilov 268
Egor Rukhin 251
Leonid Sviridenko 238
Andrei Zuber 231

SENIOR LADIES (so excluding Valieva and Usacheva)
International
Alexandra Trusova 238
Alena Kostornaia 234
Anna Shcherbakova 218
Evgenia Medvedeva 217
Kseniia Sinitsyna 215
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 214
Viktoria Vasilieva 198
Serafima Sakhanovich 184
Sofia Samodurova 179
Anastasia Guliakova 175 (*still needs to qualify in Russia Cup)
Stanislava Konstantinova 162
Maria Sotskova 155
TBD: Zagitova

Top National scores besides intl competitors
Tsibinova 206
Nugumanova 195
Gubanova 188
Tarakanova 188
Deyneko 182
Talalykina 175
Budzko 172
Sidorova 171
Leonova 159

Last edited:

Finsta

Not surprising that Trusova is one to beat, but look how close Alena is to her score. Alena is the one. Also look how close the score with Anna and her quad to Medvedeva. Tukt also still in the mix and score not far off. This might not be such a boring season after all

muffinplus

Really nice feature on Shcherbakova from Channel 1 (Russian only though)

muffinplus

Ka3sha

Hunger Games preview:

Medvedeva: I am challenging myself - to learn a quad, to built a body I have never had.
Kostornaia: There was a moment in my career when I couldn't make it to the podium at major [novice?] events. I was told that I won't make it to the top, that I am average. That moment I realized that I can do it, I want it and want to win.
Samodurova: My mom told me 'maybe it's time to quit?' and I said 'no'. It will be tough, I will need to work hard, to skate like I did last season, but I am confident - I will succeed.
Konstantinova: I have never had a stellar skate, so I could wake up in the morning and think 'Wow, Stasia, you did so great yesterday!' It encourages me to go forward, to be more strict to myself, more ambitious.
Scherbakova: A lot of girls are doing quads now, we started learning those jumps earlier when almost no one else did. We understood that it is like a norm, you don't have to be afraid of it, a quad is just like any other jump.
Tuktamysheva: If a person is capable of something - they have to show it. It's really cool when girls are doing quads, it's fascinating. I think that I am able to land a quad toe. In my thoughts it is possible - to be competitive.
Trusova: It's interesting to try something no one has ever tried. I want to skate my programs cleanly, with quads.
Zagitova: There wasn't such moment when I was completely happy with everything I've done. Even after a good skate I always say that it wasn't ideal - I am such person, and it motivates me. Everyone asks me where I take motivation from - from this.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

She's definitely my favourite of the Russian Career Tributes.

I love how we all end up using Hunger Games references every time we talk about the Russian ladies.

Liza and Alena look absolutely fine together here. There are way too many certifiably crazy people on the internet trying to analyze every stupid little gesture or expression caught on camera now...can we please not encourage them?

Honestly it's ridiculous. Fans seem to expect that these skaters will be constantly smiling and handshaking each other, when in truth they both have their own business to tend to. I didn't see anything wrong with how Liza acted.

mjb52

Fans seem to expect that these skaters will be constantly smiling and handshaking each other, when in truth they both have their own business to tend to. I didn't see anything wrong with how Liza acted.

There is also a substantial age gap between Liza and Alena, it makes sense that they would both be inclined to socialize most with their peers - these two are don't seem like they would have a lot in common, so other than being polite when the situation calls for it I'm not sure why anybody would be looking for them to be super buddy buddy with each other.

VenusH.

I love how we all end up using Hunger Games references every time we talk about the Russian ladies.

Honestly it's ridiculous. Fans seem to expect that these skaters will be constantly smiling and handshaking each other, when in truth they both have their own business to tend to. I didn't see anything wrong with how Liza acted.

Well, people acted like Alina and Evgenia were best friends, because it seems like such a nice narrative.

The only thing I got from the video is laughing at Aljona skating around with her goodie back, because they told them to stay on ice and she did not put it away in time like Liza did. What was in that bag? Nokia?

Tinami Amori

No, not "we all". The competition in Russia is tough, but "hunger games" has another angle, a negative angle. FSU is 70%+ "north american posters" and it seems to be OK to use every possible negativity against "russians and russian issues (while being very aggressive about defending their favorites).

The link you posted, where they sit together is an official function, where girls were expected to act as they did. They also greeted each other on the podium, as well, as expected.

Wonder what the translation of Mean Girls is in Russian. However, @Tinami Amori - haven’t you reported that Kosternaia is a diva herself at Sambo? What comes around goes around.

First of all, two wrongs don't make it right.

Kostornaya 2+ years ago at a GP event clapped when another girl fell. She was called on it, and critiqued. Yes, she is a diva, but not much lately, as she was given a "talk". At the time she was 13-14. Liza and Betina are over 20, legal adults.

Fans' comments about "Liza" is not just about "Kostornaya", but a whole scope of issues. Chock/Bates have nothing "going around to them", they were the Gold winners, and yet Liza/Betina pushed right through and went ahead of them. Liza highlighting and posting "Finnish Judge's bad score" is also not about Kostornaya.... neither is her earlier suggestion that "people are not capable to understand the deep meaning of her SP".... :D

A lot of american skating fans disapproved of Ashley Wagner's "comments" in 2014 and made jokes and memes about it, and even more so when she lashed out at the judges after her last Nationals. This is pretty much the same reaction.. ;)

VenusH.

There is also a substantial age gap between Liza and Alena, it makes sense that they would both be inclined to socialize most with their peers - these two are don't seem like they would have a lot in common, so other than being polite when the situation calls for it I'm not sure why anybody would be looking for them to be super buddy buddy with each other.
Liza seems sassy and fun, but may she is not just good at small talk? It must kinda awkward being around person whom you would probably never hang out with in real life, so if there are some real friends around, it's natural she'd gravitate to them.

VenusH.

The link you posted, where they sit together is an official function, where girls were expected to act as they did. They also greeted each other on the podium, as well, as expected.

So what more do you want from her?

You seemed to imply in the past that Aljona is diva, not the best to be around... so why should Liza act as her buddy-buddy?

Ka3sha

Since I am the last one to use “Hunger Games” term with connection to Russian Nationals, I can’t help...

No, not "we all". The competition in Russia is tough, but "hunger games" has another angle, a negative angle. FSU is 70%+ "north american posters" and it seems to be OK to use every possible negativity against "russians and russian issues (while being very aggressive about defending their favorites).
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tinami Amori

Since I am the last one to use “Hunger Games” term with connection to Russian Nationals, I can’t help...
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You're just "one person", and...... with a "very specific lean towards russian issues".. 🤣

Liza seems sassy and fun, but may she is not just good at small talk?
You must not be following Liza's social media.... She has NO problems running her mouth in any situation.. :lol:

LOL LOL LOL good to know that Team Tutberidze has found its new villain in chief from another training group now that the Zagitova/Medvedeva thing is now irrelevant.

I can see over on other forums that the bonfire is already being built to burn the witch. :lol:
TeamTutberidze or "fans of Kostornaya" have not uttered a word on the issue..... not even a squeak.
But some of Liza's fans are posting "we are unsubscribing", "we're disappointed'... (I have links.. )

Maybe Medvedeva should send Tukt some flowers for taking the heat off her this season. Oh my this is silly.
Don't laugh, but some of "steady Liza's fans" are throwing hints that it is "Med's fans" who started the "issue".. (I have links with these comments too...).. :lol:

Last edited:

Perky Shae Lynn

Who of course are also Russian. Just not your kind of Russian. So there goes your theory.

zebraswan

This reminds me of the Finlandia fancam a few years ago where some people were highly offended because Yulia apparently didn't treat the sweepers politely enough when they brought her gifts. Don't people have better things to worry about than dissecting someone's every move? In a competition setting, there is a lot going on, a million distractions. It seems far more likely that Liza was simply oblivious and too preoccupied to notice Alena, than that she would maliciously ignore her. That said, only the people who were there know for sure, and I doubt any of them are still thinking about it today. They would be back to training, focused on the next competitions. Thank goodness for some no-life fans collecting links for some stupid fan war :drama: (nobody wants them, trust me)

Tinami Amori

In a competition setting, there is a lot going on, a million distractions. It seems far more likely that Liza was simply oblivious and too preoccupied to notice Alena, than that she would maliciously ignore her.
Well, Alena was talking to them, saying something the whole time... :D

Don't people have better things to worry about than dissecting someone's every move? Thank goodness for some no-life fans collecting links for some stupid fan war :drama: (nobody wants them, trust me)
Do you have better things to do than to monitor other posters and telling them "how much is enough to talk about a skater" like you have been for the last few weeks? 🤣

Tinami Amori

So I kinda prefer Trusova to Kosternaia. I realize that’s like being a Trump fan in PI, but there, I said it. I like Sasha’s Fierce. ;)
I am going to laugh to no end..... People now preferring "robot-Trusova with no SS and only Jumps" to "the epitome of Grace, Edges and Skating Skills Kostornaia"..... :D ... and all Kostornaia did is beat the "older girl with curves and various disadvantages" aka "underdog"..... :D

Gee..... I am glad Kostornaia did not beat the sad-case Leonova, wonder how quickly that would start a hate wave... :lol: I guess just as quick as "Medvedeva's open mouth, terrible miming and flutz" suddenly became so "adorable and perfect".... :p

I personally, for a long time, see that each of the Tutberidze Team girls have something unique and special to win or to medal. All of them are in the top, and let the best girl win. Which is exactly what happened last season: Each of 4A's won Gold at a major competition, in many of which they were skating against each other.

Aleona is posting a "true image" of herself:

soogar

I like Liza a lot and love her programs but the fan cam revealed an uncomfortable moment. That triple axel was the one thing that distinguished Liza and now Kosternaia has them as well, with better skating skills as well. She's only a human to feel that way. Really the whole situation seems cliquey as well- Eteri girls verses others. Either way, love both of Liza's programs and she will just have to work harder on the non-skate elements.

Tinami Amori

I like Liza a lot and love her programs but the fan cam revealed an uncomfortable moment. That triple axel was the one thing that distinguished Liza and now Kosternaia has them as well, with better skating skills as well. She's only a human to feel that way. Really the whole situation seems cliquey as well- Eteri girls verses others. Either way, love both of Liza's programs and she will just have to work harder on the non-skate elements.
Eteri's girls have nothing to do with critique of Liza (by many Liza's fans). Again, situation with "Ignoring Kostornaia" is a small part of the "total critique".

"Eteri's girls" just beat Liza in the last two competitions.. and "all her boys and girls" have won every event last week, and 2nd ladies in the same event earned medals... :D nobody is worried about Liza more than about any other top ladies in the upcoming competitions.

Last edited:

starrynight

Its part of the brand of Sambo 70 and ‘4A’ that those girls have to present an image of cute best friends.

Much like the way all the ice dancers at Gadbois in Montreal have to present an image of best friends etc etc. That’s the brand of Gadbois.

As for Liza, she has an incredibly stable triple axel as a fully grown adult so I’m not concerned. What others are doing doesn’t make that any less impressive or special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information