From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The kids are probably friendly, but they are all very aware they are each other's biggest competition and all of them are fierce competitors or they'd never last there. Each one of them wants to win. Last season was odd in that all the As won a major event. Will that happen again this season? :watch: It's going to be a fun ride to watch. I like all of them for different reasons and will cheer all of them. I think any of them can win on any given day. That's what makes it a competition and not an exhibition. I plan my Christmas holidays around watching Russian nationals. :lol:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I am going to laugh to no end..... People now preferring "robot-Trusova with no SS and only Jumps" to "the epitome of Grace, Edges and Skating Skills Kostornaia"..... :D ... and all Kostornaia did is beat the "older girl with curves and various disadvantages" aka "underdog"..... :D

Gee..... I am glad Kostornaia did not beat the sad-case Leonova, wonder how quickly that would start a hate wave... :lol: I guess just as quick as "Medvedeva's open mouth, terrible miming and flutz" suddenly became so "adorable and perfect".... :p

I personally, for a long time, see that each of the Tutberidze Team girls have something unique and special to win or to medal. All of them are in the top, and let the best girl win. Which is exactly what happened last season: Each of 4A's won Gold at a major competition, in many of which they were skating against each other.

Aleona is posting a "true image" of herself:

Just to clear my name, my past posts prove I’ve liked Sasha the best of the four As for quite a while. And I admired Kosternaia’s performance. Just a matter of taste and admiration for Sasha’s amazing athletic ability.

hanca

Values her privacy
So I kinda prefer Trusova to Kosternaia. I realize that’s like being a Trump fan in PI, but there, I said it. I like Sasha’s Fierce. ;)
Don’t worry, I prefer Scherbakova to Trusova and Kostornaya! :lol: I admire Trusova’s athleticism and the insane technical difficulty (three quads within one program!!!), Kostornaya’s great skating skills and huge jumps, but watching Scherbakova’s interpretation e.g. last year’s SP, it just touches something within me. All three of them are exceptionally talented and very hard working skaters, but I do have a soft spot for Scherbakova.

starrynight

Well I’ve been a staunch Tuktamysheva Uber for at least 5 years, well before anyone even heard of 4A. So not everything is about them.

And Tukt certainly wasn’t an underdog when I fell in love with her in 2014. She was the best skater in the world back then and basically steam rolled the competition all season.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I’ve been a Med Uber for at least as long. I EVEN liked the 9/11 program (talk about unpopular opinions!) I’m very much afraid that she will not have the tech content to compete with the other girls anymore, but I’ll still root for her.

Tinami Amori

Every top Russian girl will probably earn some kind of medals this season. So all of you will be happy at some point or another with your favorite.

I love them all... (they are all my favorites... until they do or say something "bitchy" to or about other ladies or coaches.. then they would be dead for me.. ;) ).

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
So . . . I prefer Trusova's performance ability to Kostornaia's.

I just feel like throwing that viewpoint out there as evidence that "we all" simply do not feel the same about anything.:rofl:
So...good for you.

I said nothing about "we all." Nor did I say many of us who were there came to the same conclusion, which had nothing to do with robotic Trusova vs. artistic Kostornaia. It had to do with seeing them live and coming to our own conclusions.

Tinami Amori

tbh all five of Sad Case’s fans on FSU would be thrilled for her to get any international assignment, period. :p
Let me ask you then a question about fairness.
Leonova recently skated at St. Petersurg Cup (2 weeks ago). The judging in this event was "higher than international" to boost up the local girls from St. Petersburg club.
In SP she earned 53.22

In FS she earned 106.11

with the total points of.... 159.33 she came in last, behind girls like Sakhanovich, Nugumanova, Gulyakova, Talalaikina, the last one holding a score of 168.33, and the others above higher up to 193.09.

All these girls have either very little or none of international assignments. And that's just St. Petersburg. There are also girls in Moscow and other cities with higher scores than Leonova. And there is not enough spots for them either.

How fair is it to them to give Leonova any assignments ahead of them, just because some people find her "cute" and "unusual" or have a "personal soft spot" for her?

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
My "impression" has always been that people "like" "Leonova" because she has had "many" interesting "programs" over the "years," "especially" her "circus" and witch programs and of "course" "Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha." Following "her" career has been a "roller" coaster; we've seen her boob "milking" choreo and her Four "Seasons" meltdown where "she" "got" -9 "deductions." But she "still" is more interesting "to" watch than many of the "Russian" ladies, "in" my "opinion."

And it's not like the world would end if she competed at Volvo Cup or Santa Claus Cup or Halloween Cup or Ice Star or Ice Mall challenge or something. Or "would" "it"?!?!?!?

mjb52

Are there really people out there in this big bad world who pretend to like skaters just to get other people’s goat? Seems like a lot of trouble to go to imo especially when people’s goats are so easily gotten that it’s hardly worth going about it in such a roundabout fashion.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Let me ask you then a question about fairness.
Leonova recently skated at St. Petersurg Cup (2 weeks ago). The judging in this event was "higher than international" to boost up the local girls from St. Petersburg club.
In SP she earned 53.22

In FS she earned 106.11

she just loves skating, FUMIE SUGURI

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Last edited:

Tinami Amori

she just loves skating, FUMIE SUGURI
Fumie Suguri certainly does, and that's why she went on to skate in Adult Masters competition. Well, at least until 2017. I also believe it is said that she had financial struggles and used her last penny to join those events and to keep on skating. I have not seen any videos with her last two years at those events.

This maybe a good idea for Leonova, to skate in Adult Masters.. ;) that event is not have quotas.

My "impression" has always been that people "like" "Leonova" because she has had "many" interesting "programs" over the "years," "especially" her "circus" and witch programs and of "course" "Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha." Following "her" career has been a "roller" coaster; we've seen her boob "milking" choreo and her Four "Seasons" meltdown where "she" "got" -9 "deductions." But she "still" is more interesting "to" watch than many of the "Russian" ladies, "in" my "opinion."
Can we please have back your other bipolar self, with that other pseud? because your tinami-spelling has degenerated quite a bit, and i am not giving free lessons.. :p

Mad for Skating

No, not "we all". The competition in Russia is tough, but "hunger games" has another angle, a negative angle. FSU is 70%+ "north american posters" and it seems to be OK to use every possible negativity against "russians and russian issues (while being very aggressive about defending their favorites).

I don't see anything negative about the term "hunger games". To me, it simply implies that there are a bunch of fierce competitors. I would say the same about the ladies' event in Japan; in fact, I frequently use the term for pair skating competitions where several good pairs are entered. The whole movie itself is about a girl who survives a brutal fight against all odds - I don't see anything Russophobic about that.

So I kinda prefer Trusova to Kosternaia. I realize that’s like being a Trump fan in PI, but there, I said it. I like Sasha’s Fierce. ;)

Go ahead and love Sasha all you want! She's not keeping immigrant children in cages.

Don’t worry, I prefer Scherbakova to Trusova and Kostornaya! :lol: I admire Trusova’s athleticism and the insane technical difficulty (three quads within one program!!!), Kostornaya’s great skating skills and huge jumps, but watching Scherbakova’s interpretation e.g. last year’s SP, it just touches something within me. All three of them are exceptionally talented and very hard working skaters, but I do have a soft spot for Scherbakova.

Me too! Trusova is the most technically strong skater and Kostornaia has a lovely presence on the ice, but Scherbakova is my favorite of the three. Scores aside, I enjoy her programs best. Maybe it's because she reminds me of Lipnitskaya.

Ka3sha

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva for Russian Channel 1 (on triple axels and quads, boyfriend-skater, Mishin and etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information