From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ena Grins

Its also silly to be dismissive of them when they can content for a top spot, thats like dismissing Trusova because its her senior debut when she can already beat an Olympic Champion. They already have a higher score than B/K on their debut also I doubt B/K consistency; werent they suppose to compete in Finlandia ? their Shanghai trophy FS wasnt that good maybe they need time to regroup now.

Wow! When did Mishina/Galliamov beat Savchenko/Massot? ;)

(I know, don't feed the troll, but if you're going to troll at least use real examples.)

Dobre

Kudos to Mishina & Galiamov for a very well skated event at Finlandia. :cheer2:

I really like her. She is very open with her emotions, and he looks to be improving in his musical interpretation. They look like a senior team out there. A lot to learn, yes; but also very capable of making this transition.

Perky Shae Lynn

Kudos to Mishina & Galiamov for a very well skated event at Finlandia. :cheer2:

I really like her. She is very open with her emotions, and he looks to be improving in his musical interpretation. They look like a senior team out there. A lot to learn, yes; but also very capable of making this transition.
I like them a lot. And he's really cute. :summer:

starrynight

It's actually depressing that out of of 4 ladies who have either quads or three triple axels that at least one or two of their seasons will end after the grand prix.

Although I expect that World's selection this year will likely come down to another showdown at a Russian Cup or something.

Cause when you start thinking about who they are going to need to leave off to get it down to 3 spots, it gets brutal.

Finsta

True, but it happened to other countries in past too. When US was good. When Japan was good. Now it Russia’s turn. Tide may change again. These girls know what they’re up against. The strongest so far seem to be Trusova and Alena. Anna, based on score, is Eteri’s weakest link. This is why I follow skaters and not coaches. I like individual talents. IMO, Alena has potential to be Russia’s biggest star.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I watched video. Did she do anything wrong?
She ignored Alena when she came over to say something to her (or that's what it looked like). Maybe Alena didn't say anything as Tuk was busy taking selfies with Popova.

Finsta

I watched again. Maybe she did not truly ignore her. She could’ve said something but back was to camera. She is not known for being rude to competition. ??

starrynight

This is sort of the issue with having so much depth is that it sort of cannibalises itself. Fan wars and diminishing skaters etc who would be the jewel in the crown of any other nation.

People should perhaps appreciate that they are presently experiencing what may be a once in 20 years boom of talent.

Spun Silver

People should perhaps appreciate that they are presently experiencing what may be a once in 20 years boom of talent.
Unless you think Eteri is not long for this world, I'm not sure why this would be the case. She just keeps churning them out. They are not all Kostornaias, but the talent pool is big and she knows how to maximize it.

starrynight

Unless you think Eteri is not long for this world, I'm not sure why this would be the case. She just keeps churning them out. They are not all Kostornaias, but the talent pool is big and she knows how to maximize it.

I’m just saying this based on my experiences with other sports over a period of decades. For example the West Indies were once the most glorious cricket team in the whole world.

But everyone takes the victories for granted when they are coming thick and fast. The expectation that there will be this level of talent on fast supply for decades to come proves my point completely. And to some extent discredits the high talents of the girls involved.

Last edited:

zebraswan

Liza and Alena look absolutely fine together here. There are way too many certifiably crazy people on the internet trying to analyze every stupid little gesture or expression caught on camera now...can we please not encourage them?

wickedwitch

I used to think that, but after the past month and a half, I've changed my mind. You can already tell that the skaters who have debuted the past two years aren't quite on the level of the 3As. I personally adore Usacheva, and Valieva is absurdly impressive, but to have three skaters all on such an ridiculously high level at the same time is going to never be common. Scherbakova's the "weakest" of three despite having a freaking 4Lz and charm for days.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Really impressed with Mishina/Galliamov at Finlandia. The lift exits need to get cleaned up, and I think they could use more speed and polish, but they've already made some gains from last season. If they can maintain this level of consistency through the season, they're definitely in the conversation for a spot at Euros and Worlds.

Good result for Efimova/Korovin, with landed sbs jumps, but this is probably their max level, and this LP does nothing for them at all.

Spun Silver

@starrynight @wickedwitch I guess we will have to check back in five or ten years and see. Of course nothing is forever on this side of eternity, but I give Eteri's school a good spell of continued success, not to mention that other countries, like Japan and the US, will be upping their game technically so as not to be completely obliterated, so it won't be up to Eteri alone to continue the golden age. The woman has revolutionized the sport for ladies, and I doubt it is going to go backwards.

It's a bit hard for me to see an Usachova-Valieva crop as representing a decline. :rofl:

Tinami Amori

We need Tinami's analysis immediately. :p

Well..... since you asked... and i was not planning to say anything... but yes, i have the sequence of events (and links and screen shots).. :lol:

On the issue of "Tuktamysheva's behavior" and why fans (mostly her fans! please note, are upset and telling her they will unsubscribe from her accounts"..... :D).

It's not about "that video" by itself. It "all" started earlier, 2 days ago during SP, and one situation prior to that.
- Tuktik does not have pretty much any "haters". There were some during "Med/Tuk WC issue", but that's all gone. People do critique her for "vulgarity" and "arrogance", but nobody "hates her".

- She advertised "great SP choreography from SLB", but then changed to "Oblivion" stating her reason, found by some "offensive" and sounded like: majority of people are not intellectual enough to get the meaning/sense of that music and programme. That got some "comments".

- She skates to "Oblivion" at the last Challenge, and does not get the "score that she expected" and came in 2nd. No big deal.

- Then she skates her SP two days ago, using "Drumming Song", and does not get the marks she "expected".

- In the K-n-C, right after SP seeing her marks, she utters a very rude by russian standards profanity, which has a "c---" word in its root (used as a derogatory for female genitals), meaning "f..kload".

- Then she acts "vulgar" indicating that she is resentful and sarcastic about her marks.

- People noted it, and it spread on the internet. With commentary....

- After the SP, Tuktik was approached by the press and refused to give comments or interviews, while all other skaters who were asked did speak to them. She said something like "I am fine with results. no comments". That was noted.

- Tuktik goes to her hotel room, and starts posting screen-shots of the "Judges Scores" from pdf files. She highlighted the "0" mark from the Finnish judges as in "this is ridiculous", and then posted more score shots, where she highlighted "the wrong scoring". (yes, i have links, if anyone wants to see them).

- Her fans and other skating followers started to post "Liza, you're nuts, you're in Finland, don't offend the hosts and the judges".

- Her best buddy, Betina Popova (who did/said a lot of controversial things her self), instead of stopping Tuk, posts her own stuff, something like "Tuk is the Queen/the Empress"... Tuk calls her self the "Empress" and that does not go well with some. Then some one, either Betina or a steady fan of Tuk, posts: "Tuk is the Empress - she can do and say anything she desires and should not be critiqued". Well..... given "current politics in Russia" and "Putin acting as an unquestionable ruler", a comment like "Tuk is Empress - she can do/say all that she wants" does not go well either with "mass audience".

- Then before the medal ceremony, Kostornaya is standing in the corner. Betina sits next to Tuk. Kostornaya comes up and starts talking to them. They pretend she is not there. She keeps saying something, and they don't even look in her direction. Kost tries to come closer, Betina ignores her. Tuk turns her back to put on her skate guards, and kind of gives Kostornaia a "shove". Kostornaia just moves away back to the corner, being ignored. Here is the full length video of that situation.

- Then after the medal ceremony, when all skate the "winners' circle", Betina Popova grabs Tuktamysheva's hand, they shove aside Chock/Bates, and gliding right past Kostornaia ahead of the line placing themselves ahead of the winners' circle.

Aleona is left alone, and left behind. Mozgov sees what's going on, and while Betina an Tuk are jumping ahead, is offering Aleona a hand to hold, because he has some decency, unlike the other girls.

You can see the dynamics of the situation in the video above, towards the end, but here is the photo.

In the video posted above it is clear that Kostornaia is intentionally excluded and "ignored" by Betina and Tuk.... they hang out "together" until they see that Kostornaya is given a Russian Flag, then they come over for a photo.

- Then Popova/Mozgov "talk to the press" and make comments such as "we're too creative and too avant garde to be understood and accepted" as in "most people are idiots and that's why we get lower scores". (yes, there are links, in russian, if anyone is interested).. :lol:

And yes, now skating fans and most importantly Tuktik's fans, saying "you're a bad sport".

Last edited:

starrynight

LOL LOL LOL good to know that Team Tutberidze has found its new villain in chief from another training group now that the Zagitova/Medvedeva thing is now irrelevant.

I can see over on other forums that the bonfire is already being built to burn the witch. :lol:

Maybe Medvedeva should send Tukt some flowers for taking the heat off her this season. Oh my this is silly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information