From Russia with Love [#31]: Winter to Spring 2019

Tinami Amori

Adian never made any negative public comments on Eteri, even before he started with coaching.
Eteri's "anti-fans" did it instead in regards to his situation, and that's what all the arguments are often about (not his words).

Remind me please... which of the former Eteri's guys (Pitkeev, Skirda, some other) walked out of a practice and dumped the skates into a garbage bin (and Eteri had to pull them out the garbage and run after him)?

(that situation amazed me.... if someone walked out of my training session and dumped their equipment into a garbage bin, they would never set foot into my place of work again. Eteri is a better person, for sure.. ).

zebraswan

The flipside of blind envy is blind devotion. I don't understand worshipping a coach or an athlete like a god...they are all human and flawed just like us. Then on the other hand, we have people throwing around words like "Neanderthal" to describe an OGM winner, who is seemingly beloved by his family and friends. :confused: People are complex and you really don't know them well...these aren't telenovela characters.

Katarzyna

Remind me please... which of the former Eteri's guys (Pitkeev, Skirda, some other) walked out of a practice and dumped the skates into a garbage bin (and Eteri had to pull them out the garbage and run after him).

It’s the guy who was practicing with a back condition where he could barely sit, walk or stand sometimes but was asked to work at full forth pretty much at his first practice after that disastrous Russian Nats, which turned out to be his last competition. :mad:

But it’s quite typical: taking something out of context so it will look really bad and use it against the students. Just like the “why didn’t you keep Alina in Juniors” outing in Russian channel one. Remind me, which former student was it? Almost dear like a 2nd daughter? :slinkaway

Eteri's "anti-fans" did it instead in regards to his situation, and that's what all the arguments are often about (not his words).

Well you just acknowledge it: the answer of team Eteri / her fans with regards to criticism is throwing dirt on former students who as a rule cannot defend themselves. How brave and courageous. :rolleyes: Actually even when there is no criticism towards her. Cause I simply corrected your odd post making it look like if Adian was already playing in a band when still competing. And you bring up even more dirt-stories. Speaks for itself. :duh:

The flipside of blind envy is blind devotion. I don't understand worshipping a coach or an athlete like a god...they are all human and flawed just like us.
Thank you for that. :) Since this skates in the garbage story had been brought up again – I think Eteri told the truth here. Adian has temper, he can get angry. :shuffle: But I think there are two sides of the story. Like I believe Zhenia possibly indeed in total emotion made the well-known remark on Alina. Something she would probably never have said or even thought if not in an extraordinary emotional state. And in my book it’s just not right to make people’s weakest moments happening in addition in a relationship of trust public to appear in a better light. :yikes:Right because of that - we all are human and everbody can have a weak moment. :summer:

Mad for Skating

I know that's what irked him the most. She could have ripped him to shreds. Queen Stolbova would have roasted him just right. Now that article I'd have to print and frame my my. I still hold out hope that she'll have a change of heart :)

I don’t think the situation is as bad as you’d think. Max sometimes says things without thinking, and he’s not always right, but he has his good points too. I think he just wanted to help Evgenia and Vladimir, but he just didn’t know what to do with them.

Evgenia and Ksenia are two very different people and I love them both. I don’t expect Evgenia to be a sassy badass superstar any more than I’d expect Ksenia to be a shy, quiet little angel. Comparing them is pretty pointless (although I do love when Ksenia throws a little shade).

Zabijako/Enbert were recently in Sochi together, at a social event "5 years of Sochi Olympics".
https://www.instagram.com/p/BttMq4anJNa/

Natalia made the cover of the Baltic Guide magazine.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtqjA7qnyQN/

(no news on their skating situation)

Beautiful couple!

Cherub721

YEAH!
I found a great, 40 minute interview with Liza. I think you guys will really enjoy this. She speaks really slowly and clearly, so the auto subs were not bad and I took a stab at translating it to help practice my Russian. Corrections/clarifications much appreciated! By the way, that same channel has a very good Medvedeva interview with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXZsS-X1oi8

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: On sex, Olympics, and Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ubtnXSN1c

1: 01 Most importantly, how are you feeling?

Liza: Very good. I am almost totally recovered. But as for the beginning of my recovery period it was very hard. I was absolutely lost on the ice. If I compare going back on ice after pneumonia and coming back after a three week holiday for example, the feeling here was 10 times worse. I have never felt so unstable on the ice.

1: 36 Mishin says the federation has asked him to prepare you as a super weapon with the triple Axel to compete with the Japanese ladies at Worlds?

Liza: Yes, we are certainly trying to refine the program now. With regard to the 3A, we are trying to add difficulty to the entry. I am now at the stage of finding a comfortable entry, trying with only a 2A, so it is still not very awkward. But I hope that I can find a way to make it look not too easy but still beautiful and confident. The result will be a good start to my short program

-And what of the new approach which you rehearse?

Liza: We just added some steps, some hands to make it look all more harmonious. If you’ve seen my short program, the program really starts after the 3A. I concentrate seriously on the 3A. I want my emotions and gestures to make my program look really complete now.

3: 05 Will you go to the worlds?

Liza: I can’t say exactly, but if I am in good condition, then there is a high probability.

3:21 Please tell me what feelings you had watching the Russian championships, as I understand you were in the hospital.

Liza: I was upset of course, but at the same time I understood I would be absolutely exhausted by the end of the season.

-Were the doctors asking you about it?
Liza: Not really since they came only as needed and mostly left me alone and I wasn’t bothered with too many questions.
-So they did not ask for autographs?
Liza: No (laughs)

4: 22 Which competition is the most difficult psychologically: Nationals, Europeans, Worlds?

Liza: Currently I would say Worlds because there will be very strong Japanese ladies, but in terms of emotional state, it would be Nationals.

4: 42 Can you talk about young skaters like Scherbakova, Trusova, and Kostornaya, and the pressure on you, Zagitova, and Medvedeva?

Liza: When I was very young, Adelina and I started skating in seniors. It would not be fair for me to say they shouldn’t do it, because I did the same thing. At the same time, I understand it puts pressure on the senior skaters, but we became strong because everyone wanted to win. That’s why no one has been able to beat us in four years.

5: 47 You did not make the Olympic team in either 2014 or 2018 but each time you came back stronger the following season. How did you manage that?

Liza: Who the hell knows? (laughs).
I don’t really know how this occurs. I just train. But yes, there is this feeling that one Olympic cycle ends, a new page begins with a clean slate, and you have a chance. And this year the rules changed to the benefit of senior skaters. When you don't have good results for years, and you still have a good normal stable life, you don't feel rejection because you don't really believe that you can do it. When a new page starts you're kind of capable of anything because you don't know what will happen. Whereas in the middle of the Olympic cycle you’re thinking “I can, I can’t” and wondering when the new opportunities will appear.

-Which Olympics was more difficult to miss?

Liza: Probably Sochi, because it was my first chance to go, it was at home and I really hoped to go, and frankly, I failed. With Pyongchang, I was ready for those emotions, calmly watched and analyzed what happened and started to work further.

7: 40 Figure skating, despite all of the rule changes, has very subjective judging. Has there ever been a time you felt that you were undermarked?

Liza: According to the judges, maybe, but in any case there was never a time were I didn’t feel I couldn’t have done more, you have to be constantly improving, never stand still.

-Is that difficult?
Liza: The most difficult thing is going outside your comfort zone on the ice. Learning new positions, new entries to the jumps, it can be frustrating because you were comfortable the way it was, but it’s interesting at the same time thinking of new ways to do things, how to improve.

8: 44 In my opinion, your biggest asset is consistency. What do you think is your advantage over Zag, Med, etc?

Liza: Well I can’t say it is consistency, because I had some rough seasons, just this season some strange consistency appeared (laughs) but until then I was losing to them. But I like the way I skate, my expression on the ice, the way I relate to the energy of the audience, it’s cool. For me the emotions are more important, not just going out and doing the elements well like the coach said.

-It is often said that skaters get high off the feelings of performing - do you?

Liza: Yes, it’s true. I enjoy the long program more, emotionally speaking. It’s easier because half the work is already done. You go out onto the ice with more confidence. This music suits my inner state. I always skated to dark themes. I really look forward to skating this program.

10:39 Why do you think that skaters like Sotnikova and Lipnitskaya were not able to return to their level, and we see it after Pyonchang too?

Liza: Interesting question. I hadn’t thought about it. I think it is because these two skaters train with Tutberitze, who doesn’t let them relax after a big victory. Here is Zhenya Medvedeva, who won Worlds twice, and Zagotiva, who is learning to adjust after Olympic victory, they can’t relax because there is always someone else who can win. After Sochi, I think it was just such a big event, with such an atmosphere at home, that it was difficult to recover. Skating was very popular. I don’t know, I guess it depends on the person.

11: 51 Do you feel sorry for Medvedeva?

Liza: In what sense?

-In the sense that she goes on the ice, she knows she can do it, and it doesn’t happen. She can jump in practice, but not competitions. She didn’t make the European team. She had a big life change.

Liza: That’s sport. It’s an interesting path. Every athlete must go through it. It’s a new start, the change of coach - you have to get used to it. I went through this sort of “big tragedy.” It’s important to remember that you can do it. She did it before. She can do what I’m doing now. If she did not feel that she can do it, she would have ended her career.

-And what can you do?

Liza: I can do anything. (laughs)
I don’t like to say… “I can do it, I can’t do it.”

13: 01 What can't you do?

Liza: A quad jump. I can’t pull my leg above my head. I can’t stretch like that. Right now I don’t know if I can make the podium at Worlds and win, but believe in all possibilities.

13: 23 The experts say you have very stable jumps, but you’re not as strong in the components. What do you think?

Liza: I liked when I didn’t have to think about such things. I started in an older version of the sport, 2009-2010, when there was a dry spell in Russian ladies skating, and you just needed the jumps. If you jumped, you won. In childhood I jumped, and I won. It was rare that I did not make the podium. I think this idea of “components” started when Plushenko with a quad finished second to Lysacek with a 3A, and so the trend began to worry about the components. I always preferred jumping, but now I fell in love with skating. I like to jump with speed and amplitude, especially the lutz. Now you need to do some kind of steps into it to get positive GOE, but I like jumping big.

15: 53 Who in female figure skating jumps best of all, besides you?

Liza: Probably… (pause) me. (laughs). No, I don’t want to be so egotistical, but I can say that I do like my jumps.

-That was the correct answer.

Liza: Thanks (laughs)

16: 18 You have said you’re bringing sexy back to skating - why did women's figure skating become asexual?

Liza: Probably because it’s getting younger.

16: 30 How did you get the idea for your program to Britney Spears “Toxic” and what did Mishin and your boyfriend think about it?

Liza: My friend suggested it. Mishin was skeptical at first. He is old school and does not take to such modern programs. But he absolutely gives me the freedom to do it.

-How do you feel when you go out and do this number?

Liza: Naturally I get nervous before performing it, like anyone else. I am very worried about popping out of my cups (laughs). Then this sexy number would become quite awkward and funny. I enjoy skating and not having to think about the elements.

17: 46 I understand that you have a cunning plan to be number 1 based on your sexuality.

Liza: I don’t know if I can become number 1 based on this. I am not the only mature one on the ice, there was also Ashley Wagner and Carolina Kostner. I want to be an individual.

-Is it better to be hotter?

Liza: I don’t know about that. It’s also good to be calm. I want to show the audience I can be sexy but also lyrical and soulful.

19: 32 Do I understand correctly that you are among those girls who don't hesitate to talk about sex?
Liza: That’s right.

-When I saw your LP I thought this girl is fire. How many times in a week would you say a girl needs to have sex for health?

Liza: (laughs) Every day… it depends on the desire. For health, I’m 22 years old, I don’t know how often you need it for health, but I can tell you everything is in order!

-Have you heard that some soccer coaches prohibit sex before big competitions?

Liza: Yes, there is such a theory not to have sex before training and competitions.

-But why?

Liza: Who the hell knows. Guess the problem is in some countries’ mindset.

20: 41 Can you be called someone who experiments in figure skating?

Liza: To some extent, yes, but not just for the sake of experimenting. I want to feel something, get goosebumps. I have never in my life done something new that I didn’t also like.

21: 08 Now we have a video of Vladimir Varnava (choreographer of 2015 programs when she won Worlds), who wants to say hi. (He asks how she feels about dancing).

Liza: In childhood I really liked dancing in front of the mirror, but with age, especially after 20, it felt silly. Better to lie on the couch. I go to the ballet regularly. I really like it for inspiration. Skaters go to ballet school to help with forms and lines. When you have the base, you can show different styles. It helps you to feel the programs, to be graceful. I would like to do more of it but right now I have to worry about what’s going on with training and my jumps.

-He seems very dear to you.

Liza: Possibly. (laughs)

23: 10 Tell us your routine.

Liza: I wake up at 8AM. I leave the house at 9:30. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the rink. We have two 1:15 minute workouts, plus 45 minutes warmup and a 45 minute break (?), so about four hours total. I leave at 5 and get home around 6.

24: 04 How do you relax?

Liza: I like things like saunas, spas, massages. To restore the spirit and the soul. I also like shopping, buy a blouse for the soul. In the evenings I’ll have a glass of wine with my boyfriend. On weekends I like to relax, watch a TV show or movie.

24: 51 It would be interesting to know about the earnings of skaters, do you have an apartment, etc?

Liza: I am not an Olympic champion, sooo…

If one skates well, as I have been this season, then there is prize money, but just for training the wages are not so much.

-What about shows?

Liza: Sometimes, when I have a break in between competitions, and I am healthy.

-And can you tell us in general, not your salary but what kind of money one can make in shows?

Liza: You can earn enough to buy a decent car.

-Seriously?!

Liza: That’s for about a month on tour.

26: 01 How did you meet Andrey Lazukin?

Liza: He came to our group two years after I did. He was always a funny guy I liked spending time with him, it’s always interesting. Humor always charms me.

26: 36 Which figure skaters the best sense of humor?

Liza: Besides Andrei, Sasha Enbert.

27: 02 Were you really upset to miss the European championship?

Liza: In my mind I understood that I would not have enough time to prepare, but I really wanted to go. That’s life.

27: 15 What type family do you dream of?

Liza: A husband, two children, and a place in the city.

-What’s the most interesting gift you’ve received?

Liza: A guitar from Mishin is probably the most memorable.

-Dogs or cats?

Liza: I used to think dogs, but Andrei just got a kitten and I fell in love at first sight.

27: 51 Will you skate next season?

Liza: Next season, definitely.

27: 57 How many jumps do you do in training? Is there a limit?

Liza: Depends on the time of year. During off-season you may do it 60 times. During mid-season, while preparing for competitions, not more than 20-30 because you need to keep in form. During off-season you can allow yourself to get fatigued.

28: 26 On instagram you posted that “at the end of my career I understood how to do a 3flip-3toe combo.” How the hell can a 22 year old talk about the end of their career?

Liza: We all see that the sport is getting younger; I can be called an “elderly woman” at my age. I have already been skating at a high level for 10 years!

29: 00 What YouTube channels do you like?

Liza: I like some comedy channels. I also watch netflix.

-What do you watch on netflix?

Liza: Foreign shows, mostly comedies, I don’t like it when the characters suffer throughout the series. I like to laugh or watch some detective shows or psychedelic (?) shows. But I didn’t like “Breaking Bad” because they had too many fights. I also like “Friends.”

-Who is your favorite “Friend”?

Liza: I think the funniest one is Chandler, he’s just so funny.

30: 20 What else makes you “high”?

Liza: I get high from hanging out with my friends. I really cherish my friends and girlfriends. They are few in number, so for me, friendship is very important.

30: 39 You decided to open a YouTube channel, but there is only one video, an interview with Nathan Chen. Where did you get this idea?

Liza: My friends suggested this. But I need to focus on training for competitions and making skating my first priority. Maybe I will continue when the season is over or when I retire. For now it was important to try, but I realized I just don’t have the time.

-You have done some TV commentary, would you consider a career as a commentator or journalist?

Liza: Since I know this stuff, I can talk about it. But being a journalist would be different. I was not totally comfortable speaking English with Nathan. I did an interview with Alena Leonova in Japan and I liked it. It’s interesting. It can be a challenge to learn something new.

31: 47 Can Mishin be called your second father?

Liza: Yes, you could say that. He is the only man in my life to whom I can go for advice. He is always helping me, listening to me, giving me advice for some kind of problem. I am so lucky to have met him and been accepted into a group with such a harmonious relationship.

-Has he ever raised his voice to you? Does he even know how?

Liza: Yes. Sometimes he knows how (laughs). But he doesn’t yell when you’re tired or can’t do something. He will speak to you about mistakes, but he might shout when you are doing something stupid or messing up some elementary step.

32: 59 And what about you, can you become the second Tarasova?

Liza: It is not enough being a world champion, you have to be a personality with a capital “P.”

33: 31 Why do you troll President Trump on twitter?

Liza: (laughs) I will not answer this question in case I will need a visa to America!

You have sparred with Kafelnikov and Spiridinov (Russian athletes) on Twitter recently.

Liza: I was just having fun with them because I had just joined twitter and it was based on something I saw on “Big Bang Theory” (?)

34:24 As a St. Petersburgian you love and support “Zenith”?

Liza: Perhaps it is the fact that they also love me! We became friends so I support them now. I want to get to know more soccer players.

-Soccer players are revered as heroes, do you think they deserve it?

Liza: I think so, but figure skaters also deserve this.

35: 26 Did you watch the World Cup?

Liza: I was at the training camp with bad internet so I missed some but I really tried to watch every match. The whole world was watching. It’s so cool.

-Did you scream when we beat Spain?

Liza: Yes. I was home at the moment and the city of St. Petersburg was blowing up. It was a shame because I had not seen the whole game so the result was spoiled by the noise but it was cool nonetheless.

36: 20 Do you see yourself as a coach?

Liza: I’ve worked as a coach with very young skaters. It’s hard, crazy hard. You have to give a lot of yourself. Skating is much easier than training, at least when talking about beginners and children. At least when dealing with an established skater, you know that he already knows how to skate, and you just work on the thing he needs. When you actually have to teach something…. I don’t think I have enough patience. Andrey is great with the kids, he knows what they need. I am too emotional. I get pissed off. I was the type of athlete that the coaches told me what to do and I just did it. I had a clear concept, the coaches just told me what to do and I was able to do it without second thoughts. I would come to the rink and see that some other kids would slack off. So at this point I find it difficult to imagine to return, but maybe in the distant future I would.

37: 44 Do you have a dream?

Liza: Probably not. Because you can realize/embody your dreams every day. (?)

-But surely you have some mark you want to leave on figure skating?

Liza: Oh yes, 100%. That’s why I skate. I did not want to talk about it for a long time because I have no Olympic medal. But I know a lot of athletes don’t have Olympic medals, but everyone loves them, knows them, respects them, and remembers them for a long time. I want to be the kind of athlete that will be loved and invited to shows for many years.

-What would the little girl in Glazov, Udmurtia say if she knew she would go on to have the career you’ve had?

Liza: Oh, I think she would believe it. Why not? I always liked being first, even in childhood. I used to run cross in the city from 5th to 9th grade. When I was in 5th grade, I got 2nd in a citywide race and I was sick over it (?), it’s important to me to win. I get high from winning.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Thanks for the translation! In addition to the stuff about needing to have sex every day for health reasons, these were my favorite moments:

Mishin says the federation has asked him to prepare you as a super weapon

I can’t pull my leg above my head. I can’t stretch like that

I am very worried about popping out of my cups

I understand that you have a cunning plan to be number 1 based on your sexuality.

I want to feel something, get goosebumps. I have never in my life done something new that I didn’t also like.

buy a blouse for the soul

Bonita

I love her! Great interview! I also worry about popping out of my cups while skating and troll Trump on Twitter, LOL.

Tinami Amori

The flipside of blind envy is blind devotion. I don't understand worshipping a coach or an athlete like a god...they are all human and flawed just like us.
I have yet to see a single effort from Tutberidze to be even a little bit likable, let alone aim for and request devotion or worshiping .. :lol:

But for some reason the lines into her school are getting longer, classes fuller, and more coaches invited... Proud parents posting fotos, and more seats added in training sections for grand-mothers to sit and watch... :p
https://vk.com/eteritutberidze?z=photo-97272391_456276455/album-97272391_218004048/rev
https://vk.com/eteritutberidze?z=photo-97272391_456276457/album-97272391_218004048/rev

-Do you feel sorry for Medvedeva?
Liza: In what sense?
Glad she avoided saying something specific... :D

There are fan and media wars going on right now, after Tuk won the Dragon Trophy, but with very low scores and mistakes in both programmes. Some media and fan sites have not been kind to her, some saying "Medvedeva should be a shoe-in for Worlds, given how not well Tuktamysheva skated". (there are links, if anyone wants to see it, but the comments in those articles are not reasonable, and there are many "games and bias" behind who is writing what and why).

A skate-off is expected between Tuk and Med at the Russian Cup Finals.
Gorshkov said that Tuktamysheva has not yet confirmed if she is coming or not, but yes she is invited.
https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport...tupat_v_finale_Kubka_Rossii_my_poka_ne_znajem

Med is coming, but with T. Wilson. Orser is staying to train other students.
https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport...Medvedevoj_na_Kubok_Rossii_v_Velikij_Novgorod

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm a great fan of retail therapy myself -- though I'm likelier to buy books than blouses -- so that phrasing resonates with me. :lol:

Tinami Amori

I love her! Great interview! I also worry about popping out of my cups while skating and troll Trump on Twitter, LOL.
The original issue with "bra" was not cups, but the back-snap.. it almost broke during a show and was "on the news"... :lol:
https://i.eurosport.com/2018/11/14/2461603-51130770-2560-1440.jpg?w=750

"Trump tweet" was not political (she does not seem to be following US's specific issues). (she quickly erased that tweet) but it was pretty much about "that when it comes to trash-talking on twitter, she can kick his ass, she's is better trash-talker", or something like that... and then that if she skated pairs, she'd chose him for a partner.... :D Then she said "i am not into politics, i was just kidding".
https://www.msn.com/ru-ru/sports/news/туктамышева-призналась-почему-решила-пошутить-про-трампа/ar-BBPNHwY

Zagitova and Tuktamysheva are performing in Stars On Ice in Osaka, Japan, right after the Worlds.
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/damnnn/2341628.html

Tuk is probably expected to do her "stewardess striptease"... and some people on social media are suggesting that she should not cement her ice show image as "stripper", because it is limiting, and not the reputation she needs as a performer (she can do other genres as well, tangos, gypsy, latina, cabaret). It seems that Tuk is reading/listening... and now doing more classy images... :cheer2:https://www.instagram.com/p/BtoPJG9HEbd/

Last edited:

mjb52

Recent interview with Tamara Moskvina for St Petersburg magazine, translated by fs-gossips
Tamara Moskvina: In 1965 I wore the bare shoulder dress. Then it was like Tuktamysheva’s bra now

Wanted to quote some favorite parts but then realized that I will have to quote entire interview :)
This woman is just :glamor::respec:

"According to Boikova, you are quite democratic coach. You allow them to solve many issues themselves, do not limit the choice of music and other moments.
Rather I pretend to be democratic. Well, for example, in matters of any gadgets, I really listen. For example, Dima tells me about different functions on the phone or how to fix something in my iPad."

This made me really laugh.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
I tried to persuade him that my new burgundy boots with the fake fur were "for the soul." I consider them my ice-dancer-wannabe-wardrobe-addition. :D

I might need to see a picture of those. Seriously! :inavoid:

I'm going to start telling Mr. Doggy that every UPS delivery containing footwear is for my soul! :saint:

Bonita

The original issue with "bra" was not cups, but the back-snap.. it almost broke during a show and was "on the news"... :lol:

"Trump tweet" was not political (she does not seem to be following US's specific issues). (she quickly erased that tweet) but it was pretty much about "that whan it comes to trash-talking on twitter, she can kick his ass, she's is better trash-talker", or something like that... and then that if she skated pairs, she'd chose him for a partner.... :D Then she said "i am not into politics, i was just kidding".
https://www.msn.com/ru-ru/sports/news/туктамышева-призналась-почему-решила-пошутить-про-трампа/ar-BBPNHwY

Zagitova and Tuktamysheva are performing in Stars On Ice in Osaka, Japan, right after the Worlds.
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/damnnn/2341628.html

Tuk is probably expected to do her "stewardess striptease"... and some people on social media are suggesting that she should not cement her ice show image as "stripper", because it is limiting, and not the reputation she needs as a performer (she can do other genres as well, tangos, gypsy, latina, cabaret). It seems that Tuk is reading/listening... and now doing more classy images... :cheer2:https://www.instagram.com/p/BtoPJG9HEbd/

Holy smokes, I would have had it sewn shut each performance after that near boob explosion!

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member

lala

very classy....I like this style.. plus her face looks like Elizabeth Taylor..:D

Marco

Tuk is so fun. Hope to see her tweets soon (wish she was tweeting re: 4CCs).

So I gather Zagitova and Samodurova are sure-ins, and the 3rd spot is between Medvedeva and Tuktamysheva?!

Japanfan

Tuk is probably expected to do her "stewardess striptease"...

I digress to say that although I'm sure the routine is for fun and 'sexy' is fair game for FS show numbers, I'm bothered by it having recently read about what life used to be like for flight attendants (which is what they are called now) - previously known as stewardesses. They couldn't be married, could only work when young, and although they did not strip, were expected to be sexually attractive to male passengers and were often subject to unwanted touching.

And within the last 15 years or so I flew on a plane where a flight attendant told some very sexist jokes. This was a small plane in which the first few rows at the front were the first class section, and I complained to the attendant about the jokes, and she then pointed to the first few rows and said the jokes were for them. :(

Flight attendants have fought long and hard to win respect (getting called 'battleaxes' in the process :(), so I'm troubled to see them demeaned in skating routine.

I'll stop here as I'm becoming rather a bore.

Proceed.

J

Jeschke

Neither Kanysheva nor Akhanteva/Kolesov got even sub-status for junior worlds after their respective season?
Ouch.
Solid GP outings seems to be worth nothing in juniors :(

Perky Shae Lynn

Who was the oldest skater Eteri has ever coached successfully? Was it Medvedeva? Trying to think whether she's ever had a skater over 17 y.o. that was not injured / had diminishing results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information