Figure Skating Baby News!

Sylvia

TBD
Aljona Savchenko's & Liam Cross' baby girl, Amilia, was born back on September 7. :)

Sylvia

TBD
Meagan's photo yesterday ("Already starting to smile"): https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Nw4X_BkUQ/

Just realized the news of Pang/Tong's baby son (born late November 2016) was never posted in this thread:

Machine translated excerpt:
Sina Sports News In the early morning of November 27th, 2016, the figure skating pairs world champion Pang Qing gave birth to [name?] in Beijing. The mother and son are safe, and Pang Qing Tong Jian is officially promoted to the position of a parent.

sk9tingfan

Zoey is home! :cheer2:
Latest Zoey picture posted on Twitter:

Japanfan

I love the pic of her holding Zoey with one of her dogs on the sofa. She looks just so happy.

A fur baby (think Megan has two?) and a human baby = double the love. 😍

And dogs just love babies and children, and more often than not, the opposite is true. Children are particularly playful, so a very good match for a dog (excepting an old and grumpy one).

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
A fur baby (think Megan has two?) and a human baby = double the love. 😍

And dogs just love babies and children, and more often than not, the opposite is true. Children are particularly playful, so a very good match for a dog (excepting an old and grumpy one).
No...dogs are dogs and should never left with children.
The most wonderful dog will defend itself from small humans who don't know how to behave behave around a 🐕

Japanfan

No...dogs are dogs and should never left with children.
The most wonderful dog will defend itself from small humans who don't know how to behave behave around a 🐕

More likely that the dog would get into trouble defending the small human from a perceived threat. Dogs have a capacity to 'smell' infancy in both dogs and humans. I read about a dog that got bit by a snake while protecting a small child from the snake.

My family had a dog, Coco - got her when I was ten. I remember that someone brought over a baby to visit, and put the baby on a blanket on the floor. Coco spent the entire evening walking round and round the blanket, to protect the child. She was not aggressive to anyone who wanted to pick up/play with the baby, but clearly some instinct had kicked in.

And don't forget that dogs are pack animals. Humans are part of their pack, can be all of their pack. As pack animals, dogs look out for the safety and welfare of the pack.

Of course, there are a few instances in which dogs are jealous of babies, which can be problematic.

From what I've read, toddlers are more of a concern because they may pull a dog's tail or ears, or otherwise potentially annoy a dog.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
Although I can't help but feel offended that Meagan feels that a C-section is a a lesser form of giving birth. :shuffle:
She described it as her mindset going in, and I've heard this from others, too. It's unfortunate that mothers place these expectations on themselves and the birth of their child, but there's a lot of pressure in certain circles to deliver naturally, and it does seem to fit with Meagan's approach to life.

But Meagan does finish her post by noting that "our birth experience and time in the NICU will one day feel like a small dot on the path that will be Zoey’s incredible life." I'm sure she and Bruno will be wonderful parents to Zoey.

quartz

scratching at the light
Birth expectations can be quite different from birth experiences. No one ever really knows how giving birth will actually be, despite how well prepared you might think you are. Meagan will make peace with her birth story not going to plan, and all focus will be on raising her beautiful tiny child. I hope she and Bruno fully enjoy their first Christmas with their wee one.

honey

Very interesting, thanks.

Although I can't help but feel offended that Meagan feels that a C-section is a a lesser form of giving birth. :shuffle:

This rubbed me the wrong way too. And I get that maybe this was just her mind set going in, but her words didn’t exactly make me feel like she’s changed her mind since giving birth that way.

But she’s entitled to feel however she does and I admire her honesty. Best wishes to her, Bruno and little Zooey (who is adorable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information