Figure Skating Baby News!

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
Aljona Savchenko's & Liam Cross' baby girl, Amilia, was born back on September 7. :)

Sylvia

Welcome to the World little Zoey! Only 4 lbs 2 oz, this process today was not how we anticipated that she enters the World. But she is beautiful and perfect ❤👶 #babygirl
Congrats to Meagan and Bruno!

Sylvia

Meagan explains the circumstances of her daughter's birth:

Sylvia

Meagan's photo yesterday ("Already starting to smile"): https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Nw4X_BkUQ/

Just realized the news of Pang/Tong's baby son (born late November 2016) was never posted in this thread:

Machine translated excerpt:
Sina Sports News In the early morning of November 27th, 2016, the figure skating pairs world champion Pang Qing gave birth to [name?] in Beijing. The mother and son are safe, and Pang Qing Tong Jian is officially promoted to the position of a parent.

Sylvia

sk9tingfan

Japanfan

I love the pic of her holding Zoey with one of her dogs on the sofa. She looks just so happy.
A fur baby (think Megan has two?) and a human baby = double the love. 😍

And dogs just love babies and children, and more often than not, the opposite is true. Children are particularly playful, so a very good match for a dog (excepting an old and grumpy one).

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

A fur baby (think Megan has two?) and a human baby = double the love. 😍

And dogs just love babies and children, and more often than not, the opposite is true. Children are particularly playful, so a very good match for a dog (excepting an old and grumpy one).
No...dogs are dogs and should never left with children.
The most wonderful dog will defend itself from small humans who don't know how to behave behave around a 🐕

Japanfan

No...dogs are dogs and should never left with children.
The most wonderful dog will defend itself from small humans who don't know how to behave behave around a 🐕
More likely that the dog would get into trouble defending the small human from a perceived threat. Dogs have a capacity to 'smell' infancy in both dogs and humans. I read about a dog that got bit by a snake while protecting a small child from the snake.

My family had a dog, Coco - got her when I was ten. I remember that someone brought over a baby to visit, and put the baby on a blanket on the floor. Coco spent the entire evening walking round and round the blanket, to protect the child. She was not aggressive to anyone who wanted to pick up/play with the baby, but clearly some instinct had kicked in.

And don't forget that dogs are pack animals. Humans are part of their pack, can be all of their pack. As pack animals, dogs look out for the safety and welfare of the pack.

Of course, there are a few instances in which dogs are jealous of babies, which can be problematic.

From what I've read, toddlers are more of a concern because they may pull a dog's tail or ears, or otherwise potentially annoy a dog.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)