FIFA World Cup 2018

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I hate football, it can **** off. Back to Rugby where I can legitimately hate England and want them to lose.

Byeeee! Bonne Chance France! 🇫🇷

Last edited:

Lorac

England had opportunities in the 1st half to get a couple more and didn't - Croatia are like a terrier - they dig in and won't let go.

Heartbreak for the boys - but they took us on a ride we never expected.

Congrats Croatia - the question is can they repeat against France - they must be exhausted.

oleada

Sorry, English FSUers though I love you all very much, I had to root for Croatia :shuffle: I’m a sore loser :shuffle: and I like Croatia. I will enjoy your lovely country for the next few days. Semi finals is a great result and you have a lot to be proud of.

Croatia :cheer: I will be genuinely happy whoever wins it but I will be rooting for France as we will be in Paris this weekend! :cheer:

Lorac

I never see the point of the 3rd/4th play off - both teams are heartbroken at not making the final and really couldn't care less about that game. Will both teams put out their subs again!!

libecha

I never see the point of the 3rd/4th play off - both teams are heartbroken at not making the final and really couldn't care less about that game. Will both teams put out their subs again!!

I think it's worthwhile when the host country is involved. German fans were very excited about the match in 2006, sort of one last chance to party before the lights were turned off. And I think Brazil fans were eager to salvage some pride last time, though it ended up not working out that way.

Respect to Croatia for making the final and I won't be unhappy at all if they manage to win, but I'm rooting for France.

Lorac

Tough day - first Federer goes out of Wimbledon 13-11 in the 5th set after being 2 sets up and having a match point in the 3rd and now England fail to make the WC final. No sport for me on Sunday me thinks!!

ballettmaus

On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, I think that it would de-value a third place (and fourth place) if they didn't play it. A bronze medal on a world stage is nothing to sneeze at, neither is a 4th place.

I'll be rooting for Croatia as they're the underdog and have so much passion and willpower but if France makes it, it'll be okay, too (unless they play bad and only win because they get lucky, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information