DWTS Season 21 cast rumors....anyone?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Cynical me was rolling my eyes with the whole flashback to her holding her dad's finger - it just felt like a vote-getting ploy.

screech

Cynical me was rolling my eyes with the whole flashback to her holding her dad's finger - it just felt like a vote-getting ploy.
She probably remembered seeing it in a video - it couldn't be a real memory if she was so young. But her reactions to everything seemed so genuine. And Derek was in tears, and after she was hugging Bruno, even he was in tears. I honestly thought she was going to get all 10s. I thought it was deserving.

Thrilled for them (HUGE Twitch fan), but is it bad that my first thought was "Yay! She won't be on the show next season"?!?!
I had the exact same thought.

That was supposed to be a cha cha from Andy and Allison? :huh:
I know. I saw almost no cha cha, and thought it was pretty bad all around.

I thought Alexa was very undermarked compared to some of the others, for having one misstep. I found the crowd too distracting during Nick's. I thought Alek's was pretty bad, but I give him a bit of a pass considering the week he had, and the rehearsal time he missed. Tamar actually looked at Val a few times for a change, so that was nice.

Debbie S

What did Derek and Bindi get?
2 9s and a 10 (Bruno), so 28. Highest score of the night.

I thought Sharna and Nick's dance was great, but at the same time, not that impressive to me b/c he's basically done it before. OK, maybe his dancing wasn't quite as good when he was a teenager, but it still didn't feel like he was challenging himself. Even though Alek, for example, looked awkward, it's easier to root for someone like him who's doing something totally new. I would love to see Sharna and Nick win, b/c I think Sharna's due, but I'm still kind of lukewarm on Nick.

I thought Alexa was undermarked, too - her slip-up wasn't that bad. (I had been wondering if she and the actress playing Grace Florrick on The Good Wife were related...I have my answer. :))

Last edited:

screech

Forgot to add, this was the first time I enjoyed a performance by Hayes. Well done there!

taf2002

She probably remembered seeing it in a video - it couldn't be a real memory if she was so young. But her reactions to everything seemed so genuine. And Derek was in tears, and after she was hugging Bruno, even he was in tears. I honestly thought she was going to get all 10s. I thought it was deserving.

I had the exact same thought.

I know. I saw almost no cha cha, and thought it was pretty bad all around.

I thought Alexa was very undermarked compared to some of the others, for having one misstep. I found the crowd too distracting during Nick's. I thought Alek's was pretty bad, but I give him a bit of a pass considering the week he had, and the rehearsal time he missed. Tamar actually looked at Val a few times for a change, so that was nice.

It's not that I thought all of Bindi's package was fakey. But I definitely thought Derek's reactions & body language didn't fit. Towards the end she was sobbing on his chest & he looked over to the camera & smiled. WTF? And I thought the finger-holding part was staged. But then, I told you up front I am cynical. I do think it's tragic when children lose a parent. I'm not completely heartless.

I also thought Alexa was undermarked but then I have zero respect for the "judges" opinions since Len is gone. I seldom listen to their comments.

I enjoyed all the packages & most of the dances. Even Paula showed a tiny bit of improvement. Gary didn't IMO so I thought he was the right one to go. The only one I don't care for at all is Tamar. She doesn't seem to have any connection between what her feet are doing & what her upper body & face are doing.

Scrufflet

I find I don't care which celebrity wins but I'd like to see Emma, Lindsey or Sharna win.

And what on earth was Alison doing? Her dancing looks out of control and I don't think her partners progress with her throughout a season. I don't have a hate-on with her but just puzzled that she gets away with it.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I find I don't care which celebrity wins but I'd like to see Emma, Lindsey or Sharna win.

And what on earth was Alison doing? Her dancing looks out of control and I don't think her partners progress with her throughout a season. I don't have a hate-on with her but just puzzled that she gets away with it.
Alison never learned ballroom as a first language. She sees a movement and translates it into her first language which is jazz/contemporary. I think that's why she always appears to be a hair off to my eyes anyway.

taf2002

Both of my sisters think she is the best female on the show. :confused:

tamuno

She's a good dancer but ballroom technique is not her best. She looks very different doing it vs someone like Karina - who is the best female dancer.

jkl

Monday night is the partner switch up:
Bindi with Val
Tamar with Louis Van Amstel
Alex Pena Vega with Derek
Carlos Pena Vega with Lindsay Arnold
Paula Deen with Mark Ballas
Alek Scarlatos withEmma Slater
Hayes Grier with Allison Holker
Andy Grammer with Sharna Burgess
Nick Carter with Witney Carson

Maks will be guest judge

jkl

:watch:Kim Zolciak was on GMA this morning. She said that doing DWTS was one of the best experiences of her life and she regrets having to leave. There is an online petition with over 20,000 signatures asking that she and Tony be allowed to be back on the show. Kim's point is that other stars were allowed to have their rehearsal footage scored but she was not. She could dance but could not fly. Kim said that everyone except the lawyers were supportive of her being judged in rehearsal.

Catherine M

Don't know if this will affect Alek's ability to continue on but his friend, Spencer Stone was seriously injured last night in Sacramento in a stabbing incident. At first Spencer was in critical condition but has been upgraded to stable.

At this point, Alek has to wonder what the hell will happen next. I know we can't live our lives in a bubble but the last two months have been overwhelming for him and now this.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
They surely would have brought Kim back to do a number with Tony as a feature to bring on a love- and goodwill-fest, but if she continues to whine, maybe not.

skatesindreams

Don't know if this will affect Alek's ability to continue on but his friend, Spencer Stone was seriously injured last night in Sacramento in a stabbing incident. At first Spencer was in critical condition but has been upgraded to stable.

At this point, Alek has to wonder what the hell will happen next.

This is terrible!

screech

I remember after the shooting last week, reading somewhere that people were asking 'what next?' Bad things often seem to happen in threes, so hopefully this is the last thing!

BaileyCatts

Kim seems to be leaving out the fact that those few people that had rehearsal footage judged had danced those dances in the DWTS Studio, not some random location wherever they happened to be at the time. And isn't that what Tom said was specifically written in the rules? Rehearsal footage can be judged only if done in the DWTS Studio, so no exceptions where made for those other people. Kim's the one complaining about not getting an "exception". Her fan base may have kept her on longer than Gary or Paula, and that's a tossup since they both probably have about equal size fan bases, but she would have been the next to go after that. And frankly, it was probably Tony's fans keeping her on longer than she warranted. In the early episodes, when it doesn't really matter, I usually vote for TONY no matter who he has for a partner. But Kim was just way too pathetic in that first dance to get me to vote for her (I mean Tony).

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Yup, I vote for the pro, usually until they're down to 5-6 dancers. I want to see Tony, Louis, Sharna, and Emma last as long as possible, regardless of who they're stuck with. I make an exception with Kim and sent all of Tony's votes to Louis early on as Paula was at least trying. Sorry world.

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
Yup, I vote for the pro, usually until they're down to 5-6 dancers. I want to see Tony, Louis, Sharna, and Emma last as long as possible, regardless of who they're stuck with. I make an exception with Kim and sent all of Tony's votes to Louis early on as Paula was at least trying. Sorry world.

Eh, that's fair. Honestly I don't think anyone except what's-her-name (Toni? with Val) has an attitude where I'm like "Oh, go away, ingrate." Even Kim as of the second week seemed more into it and TRYING. It's nice to have a season where almost no one has made me feel like "Geez, be grateful you're on here and quit whining!"

shan

Eh, that's fair. Honestly I don't think anyone except what's-her-name (Toni? with Val) has an attitude where I'm like "Oh, go away, ingrate." Even Kim as of the second week seemed more into it and TRYING. It's nice to have a season where almost no one has made me feel like "Geez, be grateful you're on here and quit whining!"

I think her name is Tamar. :rofl: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information