Cute Zoo Pics Part 7

Japanfan

How could someone leave their dogs in cages to drown? I hope they don't get them back.

The people who owned the dogs didn't leave them, as they were rescued from the same site also.

But I don't know why they didn't let the dogs out of the cages and keep them in the trailer, where they could have given them more protection from the flood. This speaks very badly to the owners IMO.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
The people who owned the dogs didn't leave them, as they were rescued from the same site also.

But I don't know why they didn't let the dogs out of the cages and keep them in the trailer, where they could have given them more protection from the flood. This speaks very badly to the owners IMO.

The article said the dogs' heads were barely above water. They must have been terrified. That's animal cruelty. The dogs kept nuzzling their rescuers - that was so cute.

Japanfan

How could someone leave their dogs in cages to drown? I hope they don't get them back.

The point was made in the Florence thread that these dogs are hunting dogs, not pets.

IMO that doesn't matter, they are still living creatures capable of feeling fear and other emotions.

I agree that the situation is one of animal cruelty, but doubt that it will be seen as such. Dogs are property by law and there probably lots of hunting and semi-wild dogs in the rural areas affected by Florence. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information