Chinese skating news pt. 5 & social media updates, 2023-24

On My Own

Did notice David.
This shows Li Ruotang was also there, and also interviews her.

Briefly interviewed David (good!). Also says Jin Boyang will leave for Canada next week.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Yu is now heading to the UK for preparing an ice show in Blackpool
Glad to hear she is returning to performing in the Hot Ice Show! :) From June 2021:
YU Xiaoyu is in Blackpool, England rehearsing for the "Hot ice Euphoria" show that is scheduled to run from July 8-September 11, 2021 - her Instagram photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQaw25Gp144/ & https://www.instagram.com/p/CPtmmWVJPro/

This year's show runs from 6 July to 9 September 2023: https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/shows/hot-ice/

raruki

LI Xuantong and WANG Xinkang participated in an artistic roller skating event in Hangzhou (a test event for Asian Games). But they will focus on ice dance and not take part in roller skating this season.
Their roller skating program(I believe it is the roller skating version of their short dance this season). Love the Old Shanghai inspiration!

On My Own

Their roller skating program(I believe it is the roller skating version of their short dance this season). Love the Old Shanghai inspiration!
Oh they recycled this program?

coralline

Oh they recycled this program?

From the comments from the previous video, Li & Wang recycled this program because it fits perfectly with the requirements of this year’s roller skating Style Dance: folk music and midnight blues pattern. And they only have 5 days to practice.
This is not their RD music for new season. They have other plans.

raruki

Huh, guess it really happened. Saw murmurs about it on weibo a while back.

Plushenko to hold two ice shows in China in August.
It is just invited and organized by the private companies and got approved by the cultural management bodies in Beijing(Ice shows are considered "cultural events" and should be approved by the cultural managing bodies in China). I don't see any sport-related authority taking part in this ice show and I don't think they have the time because they have to organize and hold the qualifiers of NWG and CoC and the first training camp for the first JGP event. And even, I don't see one single Chinese athlete would be invited because most of them are busy with the NWG qualifiers and other NWG preparations.

On My Own

I don't know if I expect zero chinese skaters at the show. Seems like a ballet based show would be right up Xiangyi's alley, and I won't be surprised if she, or rather her mother, is being persuaded right about now.

Either way, between this and the "youth sports cooperation event", not a good look to the rest of the world. They won't know what the inner workings of the chinese authorities are.

Last edited:

raruki

I don't know if I expect zero chinese skaters at the show. Seems like a ballet based show would be right up Xiangyi's alley, and I won't be surprised if she, or rather her mother, is being persuaded right about now.

Either way, between this and the "youth sports cooperation event", not a good look to the rest of the world. They won't know what the inner workings of the chinese authorities are.
It is just the ice theatrical show performing Swan Lake and Nutcracker on the ice. Based on the show's format, I don't think they would have the extra time to invite other skaters to perform.
Also, that “youth cooperation event” was also very funny LoL. The opening ceremony was just held in a small conference room in a Hotel with only a few journalists last year, and there were no streaming services of the games and even no journalists covering one single competition at that time.

Sylvia

TBD
Nini is with Benoit Richaud in Italy.
Richaud has shared this clip of (one of his 2 IG story clips from yesterday) of "Nini" An skating to Glass' Metamorphosis: Two: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtyoG0dohwE/
His other clip was of her skating to the 2nd movement (Adagio) of Mozart's Piano Concerto #23 - not yet confirmed if either is her program music for 2023-24.

shirleyfryeburg

Could you plz give us the source? It seems that they haven't updated their social media.

You can see that LIU/GE/WANG/LI douyin ip address are in Russia now. Liu/Ge confirmed that they will be back to China next month. So seems like just a month Russian training this time.

Sylvia

TBD

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'm happy that Peng / Wang got another GP spot other than CoC.
They must have treated her like a return split couple entry even though the last time she was at Worlds was 2021, which is fair, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information