Chinese skating news & social media updates pt. 5, 2023 onwards

raruki

Two new single skating hopefuls from Beijing, TONG Ruicheng and LI Ruotang(JGP eligible next season), are now working on their new programs with Korean choreographer KIM Hyeonjeong.

Last edited:

raruki

The schedule of domestic competitions in China next season

The Inter-club competition, Wuxi, Jiangsu. July 12th to July 16th
The Inter-club competition, Changsha, Hunan. July 19th to July 23rd
The Inter-club competition, Beijing. July 26th to July 30th *possible qualifier for National winter games
The Inter-club competition, Harbin, Heilongjiang. August 2nd to August 6th
The Inter-club competition, Hulun Buir, Inner Mongolia. August 9th to August 13th *possible qualifier for National winter games
The Inter-club final, Tengchong, Yunnan. September 6th to September 10th

National novice and junior Championship, Heilongjiang. November 19th to November 27th
National Championship, Hebei. December 21st to December 24th

National Winter Games, Hulun Buir, Inner Mongolia. February 17th to February 27th
Champion competition, TBD. April 26th to April 30th
The Inter-club competition 1, Wuxi, Jiangsu. July 12th to July 16th
The Inter-club competition 2, Changsha, Hunan. July 19th to July 23rd
The Inter-club competition 3, Beijing. July 26th to July 30th *qualifier for National winter games
The Inter-club competition 4, Harbin, Heilongjiang. August 2nd to August 6th
The Inter-club competition 5, Hulun Buir, Inner Mongolia. August 9th to August 13th *qualifier for National winter games
The Inter-club final, Tengchong, Yunnan. September 6th to September 10th

It is now confirmed that the inter-club competitions in Beijing and Hulun Buir will be the qualifiers for NWG 2024. The national game is an important competition for all of the state-funded skaters in China, we will be able to see the performance of top skaters in advance in July in NWG qualifiers.

CFSA will hold JGP series next year, they are now asking for potential bidders for the event

raruki

3, preparations of NWG
Team ZHENG Xun finished their training and choreography overseas.

Team Guangdong's skater, XIAO Zixi, who used to skate with her coach WANG Yi, has now found a new partner with new choreography from IAM coach, Pascal Denis. @On My Own

Team Jilin is now training in Yunnan with their new Russian Coach.

PENG Zhiming new quad combos.
It is said that PENG has changed his represented team from Guangdong to Shaanxi(陕西)

GPF will be held in the other venue.

End it with Nini's gorgeous Kpop dance

Alilou

Ubercavorter
End it with Nini's gorgeous Kpop dance
Girl can dance!

raruki

Nini's new FS program walkthrough (without music)

Nini in Hanfu

raruki

new programs info
Free Skate
CHEN Hongyi - Half Moon Serenade by Lee Hacken
A classic Canton pop, choreographed by Ge Misha

JIN Boyang mentioned that he will keep his free program of the last season and go to Canada at the end of June for choreographing his new short program.

Last edited:

raruki

GREETING YOU WITH NINI TODAY

Nini showcased her gorgeous street dance in Chinese media news coverage.

Nini in gorgeous Hanfu.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
The latest rumor is that CFSA are not going to use all the JGP spots, despite the fact that there are definitely enough eligible skaters. :rolleyes:

Edit:(According to said rumor, only one junior man will be sent - that is, 2 spots out of the available 6.) This is not true - please see my post #75.

Last edited:

raruki

The latest rumor is that CFSA are not going to use all the JGP spots, despite the fact that there are definitely enough eligible skaters. :rolleyes:

(According to said rumor, only one junior man will be sent - that is, 2 spots out of the available 6.)
Not surprised, CFSA being CFSA, utterly incompetent and stupid and being run by a bunch of c*nts.

otisgear

JIN Yang said he doesn't want to retire and is looking for a new partner. :sleep:
Who else he can pair up with?
Gonna translate the important bits of this article.
  • New team Peng/Wang have new programs choreographed and will debut at the domestic interclub competition in August.
  • After Beijing Olys Peng and Jin had some differences in regards to their future as a team and could not come to an agreement to continue together.
  • Due to personal reasons, they decided "to take a courageous big step in this new direction" (i.e. split)
  • 35 year old Wang Lei says one of his greatest regrets is never getting to go to the Olympics, and hopes to make it to the Olys with this new pairing. Peng also says their target is to make it to the 2026 Olympics.
  • Jin Yang confirms that he has not retired, is continuing to train and hope to return to competition. He says he is not happy with their results at the Beijing Olys and doesn't want to give up just yet.
  • Jin is still looking for a new partner.

Well...drama much:fragile:

Gris

不做奴才做公民
There's a post of screenshots of CFSA's JGP and CoC selection document on social media. The pictures are blurry, but the poster kindly made a summary at the end.

Summary:

Number of athletes they plan to send to JGP:

JGP Bangkok: 1 junior man, 2 junior women, 1 junior dance team
JGP Linz: 1 junior man, 2 junior women, 1 junior dance team, 2 junior pairs
JGP Osaka: 1 junior man, 2 junior women, 1 junior dance team
JGP Budapest: 1 junior man, 2 junior women, 2 junior pairs
JGP Gdansk: 1 junior man, 2 junior women, 1 junior dance team, 2 junior pairs

So no Chinese skaters at JGP Istanbul (same time as the Interclub League Final) or Yerevan.

And the JGP selection method is based on the highest domestic competition score from last season.

For junior men: 1st - 2 JGPs, 2nd to 4th - 1 JGP, 5th & 6th - alternate

Selection: Yudong Chen (2 JGPs); Wenbao Han, Tonghe Tian, Zhi'ao Jiang (1 JGP) (The rumor I posted in post #71 isn't true then)
Alternate: Jian Gao, Yingrui Li

For junior women: 1st to 4th - 2 JGPs, 5th & 6th - 1 JGP, 7th to 10th - alternate

Selection: Ruotang Li, Yihan Wang (from Beijing), Ruichen Tong, Shiqi Gao (2 JGPs); Ruiyang Zhang, Mengqi Zhang (1 JGP). The document also lists Xiangyi An as a senior skater in the coming season.
Alternate: Jiaying Cheng, Wandi Xu, Jiaxin Shi, Zijun Zhou

For junior pairs: 1st to 3rd - 2 JGPs

Selection: Yixi Yang / Shunyang Deng, Yunjie Wang / Helin Liu, Wenning Shi / Zhiyu Wang (2 JGPs)

For junior dance: 1st to 4th - 1 JGP, 5th & 6th - alternate

Selection: Xuantong Li / Xinkang Wang, Yufei Lin / Zijian Gao, Xinyi Yu / Tianyi Liu, Tong Liu / Quanshuo Ge (1 JGP)
Alternate: Shanjie Yin / Shirui Yang, Xin'ai Ding / Hanchong Zheng

Selection method for Cup of China: Skaters whose WS is in Top 50 (Boyang Jin, Wang / Liu) will qualify directly, the rest will be decided based on the results of the 5th Interclub League (Aug. 9-13, in Hulunbuir)

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
For junior men: 1st - 2 JGPs, 2nd to 4th - 1 JGP, 5th & 6th - alternate

Selection: Yudong Chen (2 JGPs);

Selection method for Cup of China: Skaters whose WS is in Top 50 (Boyang Jin, Wang / Liu) will qualify directly, the rest will be decided based on the results of the 5th Interclub League (Aug. 9-13, in Hulunbuir)
So, Yudong Chen is being kept on the JGP. Interesting decision.

Last edited:

On My Own

I think he was missing from the news clips linked earlier. I think I saw someone on weibo show his douyin IP was in the States. Wonder if for choreography or trying to get back into Raf's camp.

Did notice David. Did not see Beverly or Hongyi.

David missing from JGP and neither of the previous year's national medalists who finished ahead of him basically confirms him for the host spot. Wonder who the third guy can be. Someone not chinese, or someone like Peng Zhiming?

Edit:(According to said rumor, only one junior man will be sent - that is, 2 spots out of the available 6.) This is not true - please see my post #75.
Turned out wrong, like the previous year's JGP rumour...

Chinese rumour mill has been right about relatively few things, but I guess it got the big ones right (P/J split, even if the wrong reasoning, and most withdrew from last year's senior GP).

Wang/Liu also missing from news, and didn't see them in any national team photos either. Assuming the rumours about them were true, not a loss if they vanish after NWG, and also not a surprise.

Conspiracy theory for P/J splitting and forming new teams can still be that CFSA is being pessimistic about Milan Pairs, and can have three pairs with Peng/Wang, Partner/Jin, and a returning Sui/Han (if that program doesn't turn out to just be a gala and/or for NWG and nothing else afterwards).

On My Own

Rumors about Wang/Liu? Dare one ask what rumors?
They were posted by a rando on Reddit a bit back, so it's not something hidden on this part of the internet anymore I guess, but they were not exactly savoury (it's specifically about him). Some of their behaviour towards their teammates (especially Wenjing) was discussed on the previous thread too...

Gris

不做奴才做公民
David missing from JGP and neither of the previous year's national medalists who finished ahead of him basically confirms him for the host spot. Wonder who the third guy can be. Someone not chinese, or someone like Peng Zhiming?

David (born in 2003) is not age eligible for JGP. And the CoC spots will be decided based on the results of the 5th Interclub League in August so nobody (other than those whose WS is in Top 50) is confirmed.

On My Own

And the CoC spots will be decided based on the results of the 5th Interclub League in August so nobody (other than those whose WS is in Top 50) is confirmed.
Yes, got that. I rather mean that he will probably be easily winning that spot, because there's literally no one who could be beating him (unless something surprising happens).

I am not sure who else is senior eligible + can do well enough for that last spot apart from Peng.

On My Own

P/J split is 100% on their own terms and has nothing to do with the fed 😂
I don't really know tbh. Sure that's what the article seems to say, but who really knows what they disagreed over, and why Jin is searching for a new partner. We all thought he would retire. Or why Peng went for someone who's 34/35. Idk anyway.

On My Own

I think it makes perfect sense by the way. There's only one spot at senior worlds. Yudong won a jgp medal last season, and cfsa can hope he makes the jgpf this season at Beijing. Then he can go to 4CC as well, and he has a clear path to jwc. A full season for him.

Xiangyi advancing to seniors makes equal sense, since yet again there's only one spot at senior worlds, and no other senior woman seems to be around.

Eta: and here's Huahua's post which has the "official" screenshot that @Gris must have been reading from https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4912550028772417

Last edited:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
How could she trust him? Why would she put her fatee in the hands of the Chinese Fed again?
What did Jin do wrong? :confused: I thought he and Peng were seen as the less talented ones in their previous pairs, which is why they were known as ‘the leftovers’ when the swap happened, it wasn’t his choice to split with her and skate with Peng was it?

On My Own

Can you tell us where they are in this screenshot? I don't think I've ever seen Wang before, so I wouldn't know him from Adam.
Before I forget, you and others probably did see Wang Lei before.

I have forgotten the story at this point, but I think Lei sticking with Xuehan through all her troubles and fed bullying and trying to split them up is why he is liked by chinese skating fans.

raruki

What did Jin do wrong? :confused: I thought he and Peng were seen as the less talented ones in their previous pairs, which is why they were known as ‘the leftovers’ when the swap happened, it wasn’t his choice to split with her and skate with Peng was it?
He was the one who betrayed Xiaoyu in the swapping partner drama in 2016. He knew that he would change her partner in Canada when he was supposed to get a new program with Yu and even he insisted that he wanted to change his partner because he complained Yu was too heavy for him. He is basically a trashy person just like the rest of the Chinese pair men (except for Han and Wang)

Yu is now heading to the UK for preparing an ice show in Blackpool, she is free now and doing everything she wants without facing the endless shitshows of Chinese fed. I am very happy for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information