CBS' The Amazing Race Season 32

annie720

There are 3 teams that I find annoying: (1) Alana is Trump-level irritating, although I don't really mind Leo so far, (2) the sisters with too many Ys in their names (Kaylynn? Hailey?), and (3) the other sisters who spend too much time bitching at each other (Michelle, I think, but I can't remember the other one's name). This is my favorite show on TV and I'm struggling to get into it this time.
Add Will and James and this is me.

jadingirl

Everyone get your favorite spirits for Amazing Race drinking game tonight!

Drink when someone forgets to read the clue
Drink when someone says "no one would ever use their yield on us" unless there is a uturn this week then "no one would ever uturn us",
Drink if someone identifies their team as the "smart" team ( several possibilities there!)
Drain your glass if Alana says Leo has a Masters degree from Harvard!

Please add your suggestions to the game if you like.

D

Deleted member 1204

I'd say that this week's elimination was karma, but really, I've tried to drive in Paris and had just as much trouble finding things. Still, I'm glad to see them go.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm starting to be annoyed by Will and partner now too. He should be so glad that that other team helped him and not be all snitty about it because they were in a hurry.

love skating

Clueless American
Best part of the episode was the throwing pies in their faces! I also got nostalgic seeing the horse race carnival game cause I used to play that a lot at Circus Circus in Las Vegas while my parents gambled. Got a lot of stuffed animals from it. I didn't mind the sisters but driving around for six hours?! They deserved to be eliminated. I also couldn't believe it took that one girl 16 tries to get the right person! She is obviously NOT detail oriented!

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I'd say that this week's elimination was karma, but really, I've tried to drive in Paris and had just as much trouble finding things. Still, I'm glad to see them go.
Can you imagine being the camera and sound people in that car all that time?
I'm starting to be annoyed by Will and partner now too. He should be so glad that that other team helped him and not be all snitty about it because they were in a hurry.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty :rolleyes:. But I don't like them anyway, so it just added another layer.
Best part of the episode was the throwing pies in their faces!
That was really funny, especially the first time. It was annoying that the volleyballers told other teams to expect it.

I was dying over how they were all whipping that cream. I'm amazed any of them ever actually got it whipped.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I also couldn't believe it took that one girl 16 tries to get the right person! She is obviously NOT detail oriented!
I know!

When I've done the horse racing game, it was with water guns. I think I would be better at that than the skee ball version. Though I do like skee ball too. But I'm just only meh at it compared to shooting a target.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty :rolleyes:. But I don't like them anyway, so it just added another layer.
I was on the fence. I like the Asian bro and sis team. I want them to win. And the rest don't bother me too much. I hope the blonde ones go next week though. They have nine lives!

That was really funny, especially the first time. It was annoying that the volleyballers told other teams to expect it.

I was dying over how they were all whipping that cream. I'm amazed any of them ever actually got it whipped.
I died when they threw pies the first time. If it was me, I'm sure I would have reflexively thrown my pie back at them! :lol: I have always wanted to be in a pie fight!

I did think the whipping of the cream seemed weird at least when they were showing one of the teams doing it. I never did it that way.

jadingirl

I know I couldn't believe they were lost for 6 and a half hours around the same 2 km. That was crazy. Will wasn't the best tonight I keep going hot and cold on them. The first week I didn't like Will but then last week they were so charming and this week with the driving Uh.
Unfortunately Alana didn't mention Leo's Masters from Harvard this week - she only mentioned her MFA instead!
I loved when Gary was talking about how he loves art and how he has art all over his home and DeAngelo is like "I don't know you at all - you love art?"

BaileyCatts

I would like to have one of those pies please. Yummy. :D

Where they driving just from Art to Carnival for 6 hours, or it took them 6 hours just to find Art place? I can't remember now if we saw them at Art challenge. Damn ... 6.5 hours just driving around?! I know they stopped for directions but unless they didn't show it all I woulda stopped a lot sooner to ask directions, not just keep driving around.

Got my I Hate Them Team ... . Will & James. Really? You bitch about Leo when you couldn't even drive your freaking car out the garage? Really? You can go next please.

smurfy

I felt the pie throwers represented all the previous locals over the years. To be the local! what fun.

As someone who always owned a stick car until 2 years ago- I just can't stand people bragging they drive a stick.
Either you know or it you don't- no big deal now as in the US there are not many sticks on many cars.
If your are going on AR - learn it - really learn it!!!
Plus if you travel in Europe - the stick is cheaper and readily available to rent.
Note - I now have a Honda HRV - when I asked about getting stick - the response was it might take 2 or more months to specially order. Besides that - resale would then not be good. I miss driving stick, but it is easier to eat and drive now.

Susan1

I sat down to watch the Paris episode last night, and it wasn't there. It was right after the other episode that I watched in real time, right? My DVR recorded it because that's what the guide said, but we got SWAT, which is usually on then. It sounds like fun, even though I still don't know anybody's names when I read these comments.
As someone who always owned a stick car until 2 years ago- I just can't stand people bragging they drive a stick.
You will be pleased to know that I can't. My ex-husband's 16 year old daughter tried to teach me, way back when. It was only about 3 times, so I might have gotten it eventually, but it was too stressful. For everybody. A Sunday afternoon, in the school parking lot, we thought we saw somebody trying to break in (slinking around the building in a stocking cap in April?) and I couldn't drive away to call the police. The next Sunday, driving around a neighborhood, I literally rolled backwards at a stop sign INTO a police car. Not actually moving, but you know.....he just laughed. And I got it in gear and peeled out. Then we stopped at her friend's house to go to the bathroom and she told a house full of teenagers that I shook the p*ss out of her. The next Saturday, her dad thought I could drive home from the ice rink on a Saturday night. I kept stalling out at one of the busiest intersections in Kettering. And I got out of the car and went around to the passenger side. That was it.

Last edited:

annie720

I sat down to watch the Paris episode last night, and it wasn't there. It was right after the other episode that I watched in real time, right? My DVR recorded it because that's what the guide said, but we got SWAT, which is usually on then. It sounds like fun, even though I still don't know anybody's names when I read these comments.
Same with us! We sat down to watch right after the show finished airing on Wednesday and nothing recorded. Weird.
edited to say that no, the show didn't air right after last week's show as shown in the guide, if that's what you're saying. It was supposed to, but they changed it due to election stuff.

Happy to see that the team I most wanted to be eliminated got eliminated! This is getting more interesting.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I learned to drive with a manual transmission and drove one for decades, so it's so deep in my muscle memory. Therefore, watching these people stall out makes me laugh.

Susan1

Same with us! We sat down to watch right after the show finished airing on Wednesday and nothing recorded. Weird.
edited to say that no, the show didn't air right after last week's show as shown in the guide, if that's what you're saying. It was supposed to, but they changed it due to election stuff.

Happy to see that the team I most wanted to be eliminated got eliminated! This is getting more interesting.
9:00 and 10:00 were both listed on the guide. My DVR is set to record new episodes. I watched the 9:00 one as it was happening and was going to watch the 10:00 recording later. When I did, it was not Amazing Race. It still said Amazing Race on the banner at the bottom, but it was not. Not election stuff either. It was the show that is usually on at 10. I looked it up cause I didn't know - SWAT. If they showed the second Amazing Race at 1 a.m. or something, my DVR did not know that. It does catch some things like that, but not if nobody changes the onscreen guide wherever they do that. How did other people see the Paris episode that I have been reading about here?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
9:00 and 10:00 were both listed on the guide.
The 10:00 pm listing was in error. My guide only had the 9:00 pm one and that's all that CBS showed. It looks like your cable company didn't update the guide with the new schedule.

The Paris episode is the one they showed at 9pm where people threw pies at the racers. At least here on my cable.

Lilia A

To be fair to the engineer girl, that gallery challenge would have taken me forever too. I can't believe the sisters drove for over 6 hours. I also can't believe Phil didn't just stop them to eliminate them, unless they weren't that far behind the blondes.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
To be fair to the engineer girl, that gallery challenge would have taken me forever too. I can't believe the sisters drove for over 6 hours. I also can't believe Phil didn't just stop them to eliminate them, unless they weren't that far behind the blondes.
I noticed that there were times when the blondes were shown and it was dark and other times it was daylight, so at least some of the scenes were edited in out of order, which made me think they weren't very far ahead of the other sisters.

Any successful engineer is definitely detail oriented. I am detail oriented, but with text. Images? No. My husband has excellent visual memory and would have whipped right through that challenge, but I would have had a hard time with it.

I made both my kids learn how to drive a stick shift, but I'll bet both of them would struggle. You have to do it a lot to make it second nature.

Susan1

The 10:00 pm listing was in error. My guide only had the 9:00 pm one and that's all that CBS showed. It looks like your cable company didn't update the guide with the new schedule.

The Paris episode is the one they showed at 9pm where people threw pies at the racers. At least here on my cable.
The one I watched was the watermelon one. Maybe we missed one the week before because of election stuff? Oh well. I have so much stuff on my DVR, I don't want to take a whole hour to watch it on demand.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The one I watched was the watermelon one. Maybe we missed one the week before because of election stuff? Oh well. I have so much stuff on my DVR, I don't want to take a whole hour to watch it on demand.
Well, that's sad. The Paris one is fun. Maybe you can watch it on the CBS.com site.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Last week was the watermelon one. The Paris one was supposed to come on at 10. CBS said that they were going to bump that episode for election coverage, then put up an episode of SWAT instead. There was a lot fussing about it last week.

The Paris episode that was supposed to be shown last week at 10 was shown this week at the usual time.

Susan1

Last week was the watermelon one. The Paris one was supposed to come on at 10. CBS said that they were going to bump that episode for election coverage, then put up an episode of SWAT instead. There was a lot fussing about it last week.

The Paris episode that was supposed to be shown last week at 10 was shown this week at the usual time.
Whatever. I'm so confused. I missed the Paris one. What did I watch this Wednesday? This week has been a month long - election, car battery, gutter. I have not picked up a book since last Sunday morning (November 1).

Well, that's sad. The Paris one is fun. Maybe you can watch it on the CBS.com site.
I can't sit up and watch stuff on the computer. And I've got too much stuff from the spring still on my DVR to sit through an hour of On Demand with commercials. I fell asleep after the first hour (or less since I FF'd commercials) of Grey's this afternoon. The other night I fell asleep watching the last Halloween Baking Champion and I woke up to a blue screen cause it was over. I just watched the rest a little while ago. The last time I did the On Demand thing, it let you pause and come back anytime within 24 hours or something, so I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Whatever. I'm so confused. I missed the Paris one. What did I watch this Wednesday?
You should have watched the Paris one if you watched it during the broadcast. That's what was shown this week.

BaileyCatts

I wish there was a way to make a rule that you weren't allowed to share info and give people the answers to stuff because I really hate that. :blah: I don't know how they could ever police that though if it was a rule.

Really hate Will & James now. Was starting to like the NFLers, especially watching them squeeze those big football player bodies into those tiny little cars. :rofl: But then noticed what other Teams said about them using the alliance only when its good for them to get answers and such. I can't believe Hung stood around waiting for people and then NFLers took the only cab around when he probably would have never, ever, guessed that answer without Hung telling everyone. And then did it again! She needs to stop doing that!

The Blondes standing in front of a boiling pot and just expecting those women to just hand them a boiling hot sheeps head? :rofl:

And they had to climb 15 flights of stairs just to get to the jump site? :eek: Did I hear that correctly?! 15 flights?????? I woulda never even made it up the stairs! :rofl:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Was starting to like the NFLers, especially watching them squeeze those big football player bodies into those tiny little cars. :rofl:
And that disco booth! That was just :rofl:

I can't believe Hung stood around waiting for people and then NFLers took the only cab around when he probably would have never, ever, guessed that answer without Hung telling everyone.
But how awesome is Hung for completely freaking out coming down that wall and still figuring out the word?

It will be interesting to see how things shake out when the alliance finally inevitably dies a well-deserved death

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information