CBS' The Amazing Race Season 32

Sylvia

TBD
Starting a thread in case anyone wants to chat about/during season 32. :)

BaileyCatts

Tonight's episode shoulda been called "Read.The.Clue.Dumbass."

No favorites yet, no one to hate on yet. And how the hell those people just go up and walk a tight rope? I know they were on a safety line if they fell, but no one fell off??? We didn't even see them practice or anything like we saw with the steel drums. How'd they do that?

annie720

No favorites yet, no one to hate on yet. And how the hell those people just go up and walk a tight rope? I know they were on a safety line if they fell, but no one fell off??? We didn't even see them practice or anything like we saw with the steel drums. How'd they do that?
yeah, that was very much in my head. I wanted to see their first look from the top.

MacMadame

Doing all the things

I've heard it's not actually all that hard. The wire is very taut and wider and flatter than you'd expect. OTOH, that gal who kept dropping things seems like a candidate for falling. 🤷‍♀️

Susan1

I've heard it's not actually all that hard. The wire is very taut and wider and flatter than you'd expect. OTOH, that gal who kept dropping things seems like a candidate for falling. 🤷‍♀️
As with most things on the show, I couldn't do it. I can't walk a straight line on the floor. OR carry a tray like that across the room. ha ha

Colleen

I was thinking the same thing about the tightrope - they must have far better balance than I do!
So happy Amazing Race is back - and it's a lovely reminder of 'before times' when we could travel and be around people without worry. I already was yearning for travel - not sure if the show is helping or making that yearning even stronger! But - I will travel vicariously through the show for the next few months.

jadingirl

That's exactly how I feel Colleen. I was just researching Greece as our trip this summer before the crud really took off and the lockdowns started.

So for now it is the Amazing Race and researching all the places we are going to go once it is safe again!

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Well, she might have slipped off the rope, but she wouldn't have fallen. The rope around her waist wouldn't have let her fall far. And they all not only had that (if the rope is tight enough, it will hold you up quite a bit) but they had the rope disguised as an umbrella to hold onto as well.

It's a school for normal people who want to try some circus tricks for fun; they don't want anyone to fail.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I wasn’t aware a new season was airing. Apparently, I’ve missed 2 episodes. (Scurring off to stream them and catch up.)

Susan1

Well, she might have slipped off the rope, but she wouldn't have fallen. The rope around her waist wouldn't have let her fall far. And they all not only had that (if the rope is tight enough, it will hold you up quite a bit) but they had the rope disguised as an umbrella to hold onto as well.

It's a school for normal people who want to try some circus tricks for fun; they don't want anyone to fail.
If she would have just slipped and not fallen, she surely would have dropped something off the tray. She did that an inch from the platform. Maybe everybody else had those trays with the things glued on (like on That 70s Show).

I fell off a balance beam in 9th grade - SITTING!

How I ever learned to skate is a mystery to everyone. (Spins made me kind of queasy though.) Oh, they should have people have to learn a figure skating pair routine with a pro in some cold country.

smurfy

So nice it is back. It does feel like old times.
I don't have any favorites yet. Glad Olympians are gone -one of them was annoying.
Hong & Chee - the couple that came in first - seems very promising.
The football players seem cool.
And no gimicks with the racers! Yea!
The timer should be interesting when played. Could be an interesting twist.

BaileyCatts

Geez louise. There is only one rule you need to know to play The Amazing Race ..... READ.THE.CLUE!!!!! Thoroughly. Seriously people, if you gonna get cast on this show, learn the most important part of the game. One Team member should have the responsibility to take 10 seconds and read the entire clue before you go randomly running off in every direction. Although that woulda been great TV to see someone go do the Hut challenge, knock it out and get to the Mat and think they are safe, only to find out "you have to have your bag". Read.The.Clue! :wall:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I didn't get to watch this until Friday. I know you guys have been saying you don't hate anyone yet but I found a certain team annoying and this week they got the "Annoying Team" edit. So I think I am not the only one. :D

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I didn't get to watch this until Friday. I know you guys have been saying you don't hate anyone yet but I found a certain team annoying and this week they got the "Annoying Team" edit. So I think I am not the only one. :D
The sisters? Because they annoy the heck out of me.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The sisters? Because they annoy the heck out of me.
I'm on the fence about them.

No, it's a man and a woman (sibs?) and they got U-turned (right after showing her saying everyone likes them while the u-turns said they did it because they didn't like them :lol:) and she whined the whole time about how stupid it was to u-turn them.

It was annoying enough that I wanted them to be U-turned twice! :D

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I'm on the fence about them.

No, it's a man and a woman (sibs?) and they got U-turned (right after showing her saying everyone likes them while the u-turns said they did it because they didn't like them :lol:) and she whined the whole time about how stupid it was to u-turn them.
Ah, the "smart" people. They're dating. As soon as they said they were smart, I knew they were going to be humbled. Eswar and Aparna are siblings and they also think they are very smart, but they haven't been on camera as much yet.

Most of this cast annoys me :shuffle:. I am not at all attached to any of them.

Lilia A

I’m not a fan of a big group of teams making an alliance or really any teams making an alliance. That was never much of a thing on TAR in older seasons. This isn’t Survivor or Big Brother. Do your own work!

This. I've always hated alliances and I still do. I kind of wish they had some rule against it. Kind of like how they banned teams from paying taxi drivers to guide them to their destination (as in, go here and I'll follow you) after everyone and their mother did it in season 10. Or how they required team members to split the roadblocks evenly after the top 3 teams had only one team member do the majority of the roadblocks in season 5. I'm sure it makes good television for some people, but for me it's just boring.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Ah, the "smart" people. They're dating. As soon as they said they were smart, I knew they were going to be humbled. Eswar and Aparna are siblings and they also think they are very smart, but they haven't been on camera as much yet.

I normally don't like alliances but it seems like everyone is helping everyone right now and it's weird so in that way, it's interesting to watch.

skatemomaz

Resist

The "smart" people are definitely bugging me, but yeah so far most of them are annoying. I couldn't believe how many of them went dashing off without fully reading the clue.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
We should make a Drinking Game anyway for the whole rest of the season. We could add every time a team who gets U-turned is shown saying no one would u-turn them. :D

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I laughed and laughed when I saw the instrument challenge and told my husband that putting the strings on those things was going to be killler.

I will remind him of this the next time he rolls his eyes at me for taking so long to restring my guitar. It's not nearly as easy as it looks.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So is there going to be a Yield on every leg now?

More and more teams are starting to annoy me. This means it's getting down! :D

D

Deleted member 1204

There are 3 teams that I find annoying: (1) Alana is Trump-level irritating, although I don't really mind Leo so far, (2) the sisters with too many Ys in their names (Kaylynn? Hailey?), and (3) the other sisters who spend too much time bitching at each other (Michelle, I think, but I can't remember the other one's name). This is my favorite show on TV and I'm struggling to get into it this time.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm enjoying the show. Finding teams annoying and routing against them is part of it for me. And those are the teams I find uninteresting and/or annoying too.

jadingirl

I think Will and James are becoming my favorites this season - I hope they keep up the winning streak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information