Candy You Detest

gkelly

Anything that tastes like coffee :p

I don't eat much candy any more, but I do especially enjoy milk chocolate and white chocolate in moderation. Dark chocolate is not much of a treat for me even if it is healthier.

quartz

scratching at the light
Do people actually eat Peeps? Because they totally look like a decorative item and not something meant for consumption. 🐤 🐤 🐤

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
Raisins in chocolate, or raisins in anything.

Overly sweet candy. I used to love super sweet stuff, but can't handle it anymore. I think the more I grew to love dark chocolate, the more milk chocolate lost its flavor for me.

White chocolate is an oxymoron. Can't stand it.

PDilemma

Anything covered in sprinkled sugar... such as "orange slices." Blecch.

I'm just here to gross you out:

My mother-in -law makes these awful cookies that basically replaces chocolate chips with sliced up orange slice candies.

They are my husband's favorite cookie. I can't eat them They are so sickeningly sweet. He begs me to make them, but ugh....

My gross out candies:

Black licorice and those hard butterscotch things.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Detest? Candy? What a concept! There are some I like more than others but I don't think I've ever detested any candy. IMO the sweeter the better. Circus peanuts, orange slices, hard candies, chewy candies, all the various chocolates, if it's candy I'm eating it. My husband can't believe I'm not diabetic. The only candy I wouldn't eat now are the ones that upset my stomach like coconut. My father used to get imported candy from Lebanon & he & I were the only ones who would eat the candy made from sesame seeds.

Cachoo

Anyone remember banana laffy taffy? Blech. My mother loved Cherry Mash chocolate. I thought it was awful.

If you want a good belly laugh find the Buzzfeed article about the Amazon customer reviews for the sugarless Haribo Gummi Bears. Wonderfully funny and I never ever want to try this candy.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
If you want a good belly laugh find the Buzzfeed article about the Amazon customer reviews for the sugarless Haribo Gummi Bears. Wonderfully funny and I never ever want to try this candy.

I'll never forget those reviews. I literally laughed until I cried. :rofl:

Rob

Beach Bum
Hate Dots/gum drops, Peeps, Charleston Chews/Airheads/Turkish Taffy or nougat/divinity candies, Chuckles or any of those orange or cherry slices, candy corn, those squeegie circus peanuts, candy ribbon, and those awful Wax lips or fangs or whatever.

I am on the list (candy corn, ugh).

meggonzo

Banned Member
Does anyone else remember Sassy Magazine's junk food tasting review? I will now be scouring the internet for it.

Badams

Everything listed I pretty much love. Peeps are my favorite. I love circus peanuts. I love white chocolate. I love black licorice. I do not, however, care for mint anything.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I am so weird. I like circus peanuts, candy corn, licorice and Dots. Those sugared slices are traditional for Passover and someone always brings them. I love coconut so much I cook meat and chicken in coconut milk for Indian and Thai recipes.

I would still eat the candy dots and Pixie straws if they were in front of me. :shuffle:

I do hate Krembo though, which is the official winter snack in Israel. It’s gooey and fake-sweet. Also hate Fig Newtons although I like figs.

MsZem

I see the sea
I do hate Krembo though, which is the official winter snack in Israel. It’s gooey and fake-sweet. Also hate Fig Newtons although I like figs.
Next you'll be telling us that you don't like Milki!

Not really candy, but I don't understand the American obsession with girl scout cookies. What is wrong with you people? Why are you buying mass-produced cookies instead of baking nice homemade ones? Cookies are super-easy to make, I promise :)

Susan1

It's fun reminiscing about stuff I used to eat, even if it is wandering from "detest"
Candy dots
We used to call them candy buttons.
Coconut in anything is evil and heinous.
'Cept pina (can't do the ~ thing) coladas! I can do coconut flavor, just not the texture.
Raisins in chocolate, or raisins in anything.
Oh, bleah!!! Texture again. It's like eating bugs.
Do people actually eat Peeps?
Used to. Long, funny story. We had peeps at work (late 80's) and someone asked if I had ever put one in the microwave. Nope, so off we went, to the other side of the open area. <<You put it on a paper towel, I forget for how long - you have to watch, and they blow up like they are pregnant. Stop before they explode! When you take them out and pick a tiny corner off, they deflate completely flat into the paper towel.>> Anyway, my boss came out of his office to give me something to do and he came over and said Kathy said you were over here blowing up bunnies. He was laughing though, and we had to show him how.

chocolate mint
I forgot earlier - Fannie Farmer Frosted French Mint candy bars. More TMI - same workplace as above, the guys used to have jobs clear up by Toledo and that's the closest place they had them so they used to bring them back for me! And one time (before online) I ordered a box of pink little squares (same flavor as the mint colored ones) for breast cancer awareness over the phone. When UPS delivered them they put them inbetween the storm door and regular door on their side. It was pretty sunny for October. I opened the box and they were all melted in a river to one side of the box. I called and they sent me another box.

I'm going to have to go eat a cherry filled Hershey Kiss now.................

Susan1

Next you'll be telling us that you don't like Milki!

Not really candy, but I don't understand the American obsession with girl scout cookies. What is wrong with you people? Why are you buying mass-produced cookies instead of baking nice homemade ones? Cookies are super-easy to make, I promise :)
Drifting away...............Sorry, this came in while I was typing the previous post. Who makes Thin Mints at home? There's that mint again! The only ones I like. Keebler Grasshoppers are the same thing. Probably cheaper, if you can't wait. Don't tell the Girl Scouts I told you that! I was one. Girl Scout troops pay for things with cookie sales. I sold 74 boxes the one year I was in it. Funny - when I was a Brownie and my cousin Patty was a Camp Fire Girl, they sold Fannie Farmer candy (see previous post)! :)

The little lemon wedges with the powdered sugar on them are also sold in stores. I forget who makes them. I don't eat those anymore because I bit into one and cracked a filling once. (teeth again!) I can't imagine anyone make those at home either.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

We do both! :)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
We buy them to support the Girl Scouts whose mission is to empower the next generation of women/girls. It's not really about the cookies even though some of the flavors are good.

MsZem

I see the sea
Drifting away...............Sorry, this came in while I was typing the previous post. Who makes Thin Mints at home? There's that mint again! The only ones I like. Keebler Grasshoppers are the same thing. Probably cheaper, if you can't wait. Don't tell the Girl Scouts I told you that! I was one. Girl Scout troops pay for things with cookie sales.
I know they're bought to support the girl scouts. But people seem to be really into the cookies too, and they just don't seem that exciting to me... I must have had some as a kid in the US, but have no memory of it.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Hate the big mass produced North American chocolate - Hershey, Nestle
😭 Henri Nestlé is rolling over in his grave. Nestlé is one of the biggest agri-food company in the world but it's very Swiss 😉

I'm not into candy at all, I'm not even that fond of chocolate (except in cakes). The only candy I'd kill for is Reese's big cups. I can find them in France now but for a looooong time I had to order it from the US and it costed me an eye and an arm and a leg and half a kidney. The shipping was actually much more expensive than the stuff itself but I just could not resist...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information