Candy You Detest

mjb52

mmmmmm have you guys tried salt licorice, even more delicious than the regular kind!

the first person - I know it's coming - to mention candy corn is going on "the list."

Japanfan

mmmmmm have you guys tried salt licorice, even more delicious than the regular kind!

the first person - I know it's coming - to mention candy corn is going on "the list."

I had salt licorice from Sweden, it was delicious.

Don't care for those red and black licorice strings, they taste like plastic. Don't particularly care for candy corn, either.

And come to think of it, don't like nougat.

Reactions: JJH

Finnice

I detest most of the candy. Love only very dark chocolate and salt licorice.
Toffee and marzipan are both on my never-list.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Licorice, peanut brittle, orange slices, circus peanuts, chocolate covered cherries, jelly beans, candy cigarette (don't know if they still make them), black jack gum (ditto don't know if it is still made), fruit stripe gum. I'm sure I'll think of more

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I like most of the stuff you guys listed. :shuffle: I’m not big on Mars bars or Three Musketeers- I think they both use nougat? But unfortunately I love sugar in just about every form. And peanut butter. Reese’s stock price will fall the day I die.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I like most of the stuff you guys listed. :shuffle: I’m not big on Mars bars or Three Musketeers- I think they both use nougat? But unfortunately I love sugar in just about every form. And peanut butter. Reese’s stock price will fall the day I die.
I love Reese's peanut butter cups but avoid having them in my house due to grandson's peanut allergy. Prefer not to have an epi-pen in case needed. Especially at the cost to have multiple pens at home, school, etc. ($600 each dose and expires every 6-8 months.

quartz

scratching at the light
Hate the big mass produced North American chocolate - Hershey, Nestle, etc....waay to sweet, slimy, oil consistency like it's a petroleum by-product. No sticky gummy chewy crap. Anything overly sugary, caramel, vanilla. Gum is nasty - gum chewers gross me out.
I'm Dutch so I love salt licorice.

ManiDani

Any chocolate/mint combination. I am also picky when it comes to chocolate/peanut butter combinations. I love Reese’s Cups but hate Reese’s Pieces and Butterfingers.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Reese’s Pieces, Butterfinger, the licorice with fondant around it, and anything marzipan (yuck).

Susan1

The only "candy" I have anymore is baby Reece's cups, and there are too many combinations of yes/no's to put in one place, so:
Don't care for those red and black licorice strings, they taste like plastic. Don't particularly care for candy corn, either.
Never liked either one.
such as "orange slices."
Used to love
Sweet Tarts & those straw like things filled with sugar!
Used to love as a kid (and candy necklaces). May be why I had 6 cavities one time!
Used to love
Any combination of chocolate and mint.
Junior Mints? Always gave those out for trick-or-treat so I could keep the leftovers. When I was dating my ex, his daughter bought me a giant box for Sweetest Day. And those flat Andes mints they used to have at cash registers? Mint bothers my stomach now.
Licorice, peanut brittle, orange slices, circus peanuts, chocolate covered cherries, jelly beans, candy cigarette
Circus peanuts - NEVER! Chocolate covered cherries - if you don't live in the Dayton, Ohio area, you've probably never had Esther Price. Dark chocolate covered cherries to die for - but used to kill the tooth that later had to have a crown and then replaced, then a root canal, then pulled. It wasn't the candy's fault!
I love Reese's peanut butter cups
yep
but hate Reese’s Pieces and Butterfingers.
Used to love Butterfingers, and dark Milky Ways and Kit Kats. Used to eat all that stuff. Oh, wait, I also stock up on cherry filled Hershey's Kisses at Christmas. That's the only time they sell them and I've only seen them at Kroger. I used to love the dark chocolate Kisses but my TMJ can't handle them anymore.
Stomach, teeth, chocolate headaches - it sucks getting old. I got lemon bread slices at Kroger the other day and both times I tried to eat it, I got itchy all over.

p.s. - since this was a "detest" question - coconut.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

I'm not a big candy fan in general. I mostly find it too sweet. Things I like occasionally are Reese's peanut butter cups, M&Ms, Hershey's milk chocolate, with or without almonds, Heath bars, Caramellos, and once in a while Butterfingers. But mostly, when it comes to sweet treats, I prefer baked goods to candy.

Last edited:

mjb52

I love candy and anything else that is terrible for you but even I draw the line at anything involving coconut, or nuts in general (but NOT peanut butter/chocolate flavored things), and circus peanuts. I also am not a fan of watermelon jolly ranchers, or really jolly ranchers in general. Do they still even make those?

kittyjake5

My list is short as I love most candy. Taffy, Peanut Brittle and those hard assorted flavors Christmas candies
that were popular when I was a kid.

MsZem

I see the sea
I love candy and anything else that is terrible for you but even I draw the line at anything involving coconut, or nuts in general (but NOT peanut butter/chocolate flavored things), and circus peanuts. I also am not a fan of watermelon jolly ranchers, or really jolly ranchers in general. Do they still even make those?
Watermelon Jolly Ranchers are the devil's candy. They need to remove those from the red fruit packs.

Coconut in anything is evil and heinous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information