Amazing Race starting January 3rd

smurfy

Have gotten caught up.
Re - partner switch - I was dreading it, but it was not as bad as I thought it could be. Interesting change in dynamics. But don't do it again.
The engaged couple - I did like the guy, the lady not so much, but what a way to go out. Ouch.
Team Yale - I liked them for quite awhile. Now I am rolling my eyes as their dynamic. He seems nice, she knows she is so smart.
Not a bad final 4.
Rooting for the extreme Ladies to win this.

Lilia A

I was finally able to watch this week's episode.
Seriously, it's been 17 years, you should know by now that you don't.lose.your.passport.ever.

The moment Yale mentioned how other teams struggled with a previous math challenge and that they're good at math I knew they'd struggle at the task.
I really like team extreme, but the constant reminder that they haven't finished outside of the top 3 makes me think that they will either not make the final 3 (I hope they do) or that they'll make the final 3 but not win. This reminded me of the (annoying) team a few seasons ago that was so focused on breaking the record for the most legs won. Not they did they not break the record but they also lost the final leg. Also, one of my faves Dustin and Kandice's constant "we want to be the first girl-girl team to win TAR" and didn't even make the final 3 (first appearance, made final 3 in All Stars but placed second).
I have a feeling Yale will make the top 3 simply because of the other teams' fixation on not having them in the final 3.
I also have a feeling of which team might win it all, and let's just say I hope I'm wrong. I don't hate them, but I don't love them either.
One more double episode to go.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
I bet Henry is killing himself over making that one switch on the plane. Will Evan forgive him once she sees that?

skatemomaz

Resist
I bet Henry is killing himself over making that one switch on the plane. Will Evan forgive him once she sees that?
Probably not. That was a grueling last leg. I didn't dislike team Big Brother, but she annoyed me. Then again Evan was annoying too.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Hey I didn't even watch the show - just passed on a spoiler I read on Joker's that they had come in second. Perhaps a successful coverup by the producers given that someone always spots the final teams wherever they are.

I'm not a particular fan of Jody, but I must say given everything that happened last summer on BB, this does make me smile :)

Plus, I'm a sucker for romance, and despite everything their housemates and many fans said last summer, they seem to be the real thing, awww.

smurfy

Hey I didn't even watch the show - just passed on a spoiler I read on Joker's that they had come in second. Perhaps a successful coverup by the producers given that someone always spots the final teams wherever they are.

I'm not a particular fan of Jody, but I must say given everything that happened last summer on BB, this does make me smile :)

Plus, I'm a sucker for romance, and despite everything their housemates and many fans said last summer, they seem to be the real thing, awww.

You must be reading my mind. I was rooting for the Extreme Ladies, but overall love the love story of Jody.
Plus the bonus that Paul from BB is probably so annoyed.
Jody - I found some of their discussions in BB very real. They were nice to each other on AR, which was nice to see.
I am rooting for romance too.
Their dynamics with some of the teams was interesting. Some did not like them, they did develop close friendships too. Jess did a few things that I went why? Jess sometimes was not the competitor I thought she would be, she got distracted sometimes. But Cody compensated so many times.
Cody is awesome in the challenges. I still wonder why he ever signed up for BB, AR or Survivor seem more like him.

Re spoiler that there were 2nd - I saw that too and I was rooting for the ladies over Yale, just assuming Jess would not be in first.

I loved Hong Kong. The place for the photo at Victoria's Peak - I have one of those photos from there on my bday in 2004 with my brother, sis in law and 3 nephews (they were living there then).
I so love it when they go to places I have been, brings back a flood of memories. HK is a beautiful city.
Overall not a bad season. Lots of decent racers.
Hope this show continues.

Jenny

From the Bloc
@smurfy I agree - hadn't thought of BB in months, but when I read here that Jody had won, my first thought was how crushing it must be for Paul.
:EVILLE:

As for Cody, no surprise he'd be killer at challenges as he was on BB as well - physically unstoppable, but also very smart, and completely fearless. Word is that he actually did apply for Survivor, and CBS casting put him on BB instead.

It also seems to be very well known that he was told that he'd be on AR while he was still in the jury house before BB ended, and that's why he was so well behaved at the finale. The producers also likely knew that AP was a growing possibility, so they needed to protect their next star by preventing him from doing something stupid on the live finale, as many thought it might.

(for AR fans who don't watch BB - Jess didn't make it to the jury so was out there on social media for the second half of the game, while Cody waited it out in the jury house. She campaigned hard for Cody to win America's Favorite Player, and while he wasn't particularly popular with fans who found him very arrogant and were skeptical of yet another BB showmance, the growing hatred for those still left in the game and Jess giving fans the perfect option to voice their feelings to both the producers and the very big egos in the house made for a perfect storm. Coupled with the upset win at the end, it was probably the most satisfying end to a BB season ever.)

Perhaps of interest, sounds like as with one of the other couples from BB, they are friends enough with two of the other AR teams that they plan to invite them to their wedding.

love skating

Clueless American
So so disappointing. I didn't read the spoiler, so glad I hadn't or else I would have been even more disappointed that Jody won. Ugh ugh ugh.... it also means I will never be rid of them - they will keep showing up on my favorite shows and I'll be forced to grit my teeth and see them. When the team I hate wins, I always feel like I wasted a whole season watching (same with other reality shows too, yet I can't seem to stop watching them!!)

Lilia A

Where do I start? I didn't see any of the spoilers so I wasn't expecting anything, other than what I had already predicted.
Well, I'm not super thrilled with Big Brother winning, but at least we can say that the best man won. Kudos to him for having to carry dead weight throughout the race. Yes, I know she did the final challenge, but they would have been out a long time ago if he hadn't been so good.
I had a little bit of hope that I'd be wrong re team extreme once I saw that Jen was doing the final task. She's definitely the stronger and more cool headed of the two. But that final task was insane.
I'm glad Yale didn't win. Nothing against them, but she annoys me like no other. It's been more than 12 hours and I can still hear her yelling. I'm with Jessica here. Just shut up already.
Last but not least, I'm glad the final results did not come down to a taxi ride. This wasn't a terrible season, but they've done so much better in the past.

star_gazer11

practising choreo
Well, I liked how close that final task was, and the whole ship setup was cool. But 2 hour blocks didn't work for me, those felt too long. (Better than CTV's crazy schedule, though).

BaileyCatts

Finally caught up after the Olympics. First ..... you get to choose between elephants and frogs, how u gonna choose frogs??!!! We gots frogs in 'merica! How many opportunities in life do you get to be up close and personal with elephants!! I'm choosing elephants any day of the week and twice on Sunday! I would so be playing with da wittle baby elephants dey ssssoooo cuuuutttee I just wanna hug a baby elephant. :p

And hey! My Sunny was on the show!! Da wittle orange kitty he look just like my Sunny!!! :cat:

As for losing the passport ..... seriously? There are only 2 things you need on this race, the clue and your passport!!! And even if you were just traveling, why you set your passport down and not make sure you got it? I would be concerned and worried the rest of the life about that passport and my identity being stolen.

I was rooting for the Race Guys, but then everyone started in with the high school attitude "we're the cool popular kids and were gonna freeze out the the people we don't like" bit and then I was on Team Henry & Evan all the way.

Henry won this thing. What the hell was he thinking!! Why didn't he say "check please!"! I would have been saying "check please" every single time I moved a piece around!!! You freaking dumbass! Once they showed he had 12 right and 0 wrong I was screaming yes yes yes yes yes!!!! Why didn't he ask for a check!!! AAAUUUURRGGGHHHHH!!!!! What a way to lose, cause Henry and Evan won this thing.

Hate the winners.

Please never do so many 2 hour blocks again! I could go for a 2 hour premiere and a 2 hour finale, but every other episode should be one hour only. And get better people next time! Hell there's people on this board who would be more entertaining than some of these folks were, cause I barely remember any of them. :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information