Alysa Liu retired in 2022 and is coming back in 2024

orbitz

Again, the OGM is not the only medal of value in skating, and ice is slippery. Someone who looks like a sure bet one year can be completely out of the running in the following years. Tara was a world champion and US champion before 1998, and those titles alone would have been enough credentials to give her a solid professional career.

But Tara wouldn't have had the big paycheck that came with winning the Olympic gold medal. The American press used to make such a big deal about how the American lady favorite at the Olympic must walk away with the gold medal around her neck in order to nail that million dollar contract once she turned professional.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I predict she will be national champion again - nicely prepped for Olympics following year. Heard it here first ;)
Well, let's not get that far ahead of ourselves yet. Though I wouldn't be surprised if she's an Olympic champion by the closing ceremonies in Milano-Cortina. A combination of Alysa and Isabeau for the team event would be pretty tough for any other country but Japan to match (Korea ain't gonna qualify for the TE unless they get a pairs team pronto).

Jammers

I predict she will be national champion again - nicely prepped for Olympics following year.;)
Well if Alysa is in good shape with all of her jumps back and improved skating skills and speed she will be hard to beat. She's the best the US had when it comes to being a tough competitor who can skate under pressure. If she can somehow get her 3axel back watch out.

Sylvia

TBD
Alysa posted an Instagram story yesterday that showed the lovely dress she wore this past Saturday and confirmed it was a Lisa McKinnon creation - her caption at the top: "thank you Yerba Buena for inviting me to perform in the sf gala this past Saturday!! I had so much fun surprising eveyone!!"

mtnskater

Alysa looked great in that short clip. Her artistry looks better than I remember. Looking mature and lovely. I was (am) an Alysa uber. Of course I’m very excited she is skating again and wish her the best in her comeback. I’m also an Isabeau uber and would be so exited to have them both making world and Olympic teams in the next couple of years. Alysa is a world bronze medalist and Isabeau a world silver medalist. U.S. women’s prospects are looking up. The more competition for spots the better!

DreamSkates

Well if Alysa is in good shape with all of her jumps back and improved skating skills and speed she will be hard to beat. She's the best the US had when it comes to being a tough competitor who can skate under pressure. If she can somehow get her 3axel back watch out.
I’d give Isabeau high marks for her efforts at Worlds this year. She’s learning to skate under pressure. I’d say she and Alysa could be interesting rivals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information