2024 US Women Olympic Team Gymnastics Poll (Feb edition)

Who will make the team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
I left off Dicello and Tiana and Trinity Thomas but may change my poll options in future months...

Debbie S

Has there been any news of how Gabby has been looking lately? I felt she was lucky to make the 2016 team. Unless she's made a rapid advancement in her return, I'd say DiCello has a much better shot.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Has there been any news of how Gabby has been looking lately? I felt she was lucky to make the 2016 team. Unless she's made a rapid advancement in her return, I'd say DiCello has a much better shot.

I don’t think I’d bet on either of them, but I’d pick Kayla over Gabby probably.

I think Gabby was the mathematically correct choice for 2016, but I also think she was the last one on. I would think Suni and Jordan would be more likely to get back to peak shape than gabby.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
According to gymcastic, Suni looked amazing at the most recent camp.

Gabby was the right choice for Rio based on her strengths and weaknesses and how they compared to Aly, Simone, Madison and Laurie's.

skatfan

What is the best strategy for constructing a team in this format?
Team final is 3 up / 3 down, so it’s possible that just picking all rounders won’t be the best (it never has been but it’s been what the US Has done the past several years).That could benefit Suni who is specializing in beam and bars this year.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Team final is 3 up / 3 down, so it’s possible that just picking all rounders won’t be the best (it never has been but it’s been what the US Has done the past several years).That could benefit Suni who is specializing in beam and bars this year.

It’s what they did in 2021, but I wouldn’t say that’s what they did for the 2023 worlds.

skatfan

It’s what they did in 2021, but I wouldn’t say that’s what they did for the 2023 worlds.
Pretty close - they picked the top 4, and then went with Joscelyn in 7th. They certainly have not picked the team with the highest scoring potential in a while. Maybe this year?

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Pretty close - they picked the top 4, and then went with Joscelyn in 7th. They certainly have not picked the team with the highest scoring potential in a while. Maybe this year?

Sure, but a couple members of that team could not be used on some apparatuses.

Who do you think should have been on last year’s team? Looking at the numbers, they picked the exact team I expected based on the pieces available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information