2023 World Team Trophy - April 13-16 - Tokyo, Japan

SkateFanBerlin

L

I'd probably send Chiu seeing as Orzel completely imploded here in Saitama.
Orzel has not progressed like he`d/everyone has hoped. But he didn`t implode. He stood up on the quad and axel. Something went haywire and he ended up with no combination. I actually felt encouraged with his landing the quad and 3A. Still, Canada may have a better option for WTT.

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
No.

The ISU's press release today (linked in post #53 above) states: "The USA has not yet announced their team, but newly minted World Ice Dance Madison Chock/Evan Bates, World Pairs silver medalists Alexa Knierim/Brandon Frazier and World bronze medalist Ilia Malinin as well as Jason Brown are expected to compete."
I did see that, ty.

Hedwig

Antique member
how does it work for Korea without a pair? Do they get a loan from some country or is it an automatic zero?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Orzel has not progressed like he`d/everyone has hoped. But he didn`t implode. He stood up on the quad and axel. Something went haywire and he ended up with no combination. I actually felt encouraged with his landing the quad and 3A. Still, Canada may have a better option for WTT.
Didn't Orzel also have really bad luck going into that SP? Skating with new boots (one week old) and then his blade breaking the day before the SP so skating with a new blade/new sharpening?
He has made improvements since his move to Ravi, I also wouldn't say he imploded considering all that.

sk8girl

Didn't Orzel also have really bad luck going into that SP? Skating with new boots (one week old) and then his blade breaking the day before the SP so skating with a new blade/new sharpening?
He has made improvements since his move to Ravi, I also wouldn't say he imploded considering all that.
I agree - he has improved with Ravi and he has been skating well. I thought he did well to still land a quad and 3A, given the unfortunate luck with his boots and blade. That had to throw him off a bit, especially being his first Worlds and not having the experience of some of the more seasoned competitors. I definitely cut him a bit of slack on that one.

Skate Talker

iirc there has been no coverage of WTT available in Canada for many years and video has not been easy to come by anywhere else, probably due to Japan's tight control over copy right.

ice coverage

Heck, you know it's well-liked if Keegan decided to compete this season with the goal of attending just one more WTT.

I think it’s his first WTT. Especially after missing the team event in Beijing he really wanted this experience.

Keegan previously competed at 2019 WTT.

Rhumba d’Amour

I remember that, with everyone from all countries singing happy birthday to Kaitlyn in the KnC! It was a sweet moment.

danafan

Canadian ladies über

Oh thanks for that. I didn't remember this and I didn't see it listed in his ISU bio.

Andrea82

Also, per the document, the JSF can invite up to 4 skaters from non-qualifying countries who had the highest results in the Grand Prix/Worlds to participate in the Exhibition - at a cool $10k/$15k per singles/team for their trouble.

My expectation is that they will invite Hendrickx and Fear/Gibson.

I don't remember what they did in previous editions. Did they invite extra skaters for the gala and who?

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information