2023 World Athletics Championships (Budapest, Hungary - 19-27 August)

ilovepaydays

So…..has the World Athletics site completely trashed now? Because I feel like it’s accessibility has been completely unacceptable this week.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Kevin Mayer (aka Keke according to a banner someone was holding :rofl: ) has withdrawn so I have death in my soul. :fragile:

viennese

wrecked

skatingguy

decently
The video is shocking! One of the carts - the one that strikes the other - is going way too fast.

And there's a view of the athletes in the cart. One of the men has his hand to his eye, it looks like he is hurt. I don't know how it affected the race immediately afterward.

I hope they're OK today. Sometimes you don't feel the impact of a car accident until 48 hours later.
Jamaican Andrew Hudson had glass in his eye as a result of the accident, ran the semifinal, and was advanced to the final as a result of the accident.

FiveRinger

I tuned in just in time to see 800m women's semi final. Athing Mo got tripped up several times, one athlete actually did fall in one incident, and she made it all the way from the back of the pack to qualify second in her heat to the finals. No interview with her. Can't blame her declining. But that was something.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I tuned in just in time to see 800m women's semi final. Athing Mo got tripped up several times, one athlete actually did fall in one incident, and she made it all the way from the back of the pack to qualify second in her heat to the finals. No interview with her. Can't blame her declining. But that was something.
This was absolutely wild, but Athing is such a gamer. I think she's going to run a very different race in the finals. But yeah, she looked mad tbh haha.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Finally stages of the women’s marathon and it looks like Ethiopia is going to sweep the medals. The course is absolutely stunning visually. :swoon:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Neugebauer 🇩🇪 has a disastrous hurdles and all of a sudden it’s a Canadian 1-2 in the decathlon after six events.

skatingguy

decently
The no heighting in the pole vault seems like such a shame considering there's only two events left, but it's such a technical event for these big men to get themselves organized.

Jammers

This was absolutely wild, but Athing is such a gamer. I think she's going to run a very different race in the finals. But yeah, she looked mad tbh haha.
I didn't like Athing not leading the pack like she usually does and it almost came back to haunt her. I bet she will get out in front in the final.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Finals tonight:

Men Pole Vault
Women Shot Put
Men 800m
Women 5000m
Decathlon
Women 4x100
Men 4x100

ilovepaydays

Women’s 4x400m Prelims - Qualified for the final: 🇯🇲 🇨🇦 🇳🇱 🇬🇧 🇧🇪 🇮🇹 🇵🇱 🇮🇪

WTF happened with that last exchange for the 🇺🇸? That was WAY dumber than what’s happened to some of the 4x100m squads. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information