2023 Athletics Thread - Road to Budapest

Cachoo

Who knows if she will go anywhere but there is a 14 year old here in Kansas named Aria Pearce and she is getting some attention. What amazes me is that she grew up in this teeny, tiny town with an old dirt track. But I guess there are plenty of other runners elsewhere in the same circumstances. I'm curious to know if we will hear from her in the future.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
So two world records broken at the Paris Diamond League on Friday night in the women’s 5000m and men’s 3000m steeplechase, but the real 🤯 news is waking up to find out Rhasidat Adeleke has become the the first Irish person to win an NCAA sprint title and in a time of 49.20 no less. :eek:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Any time anything happens to someone moving forward, there's going to be a loud and confident crew stating it was because of vaccines. And they will go on ranting, and more people will believe it.

skatingguy

decently
Swedish tennis player Mikael Ymer was just suspended for 18 months for the same thing.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Noah Lyles has broken one of Usain Bolt's World Recordsbin the 200 meters!

Just to clarify - Lyles broke Bolt's record for the most sub 20 second 200 metres. Bolt still holds the World Record at 19.19.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
This is wild! :eek:

ONLY ONE participant in the final of the men’s 100 metres; a steeplechase athlete who kept running after crossing the finish line to evade dope testing; several winners skipping the medal ceremony as they were worried about being asked to give samples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information