2023 World Athletics Championships (Budapest, Hungary - 19-27 August)

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Start of the men’s 20km race walk delayed by two hours because of a storm so things not off to a great start… :shuffle:

Finnice

Oh the weather! I will be watching as much I can. Hope that the weather will settle down.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Difficult to pick who is going to win the 100m judging by this first round…

skatingguy

decently
That fall by Bol, who was leading the race and on the verge of a world record in the 4x400 mixed relay, was shocking. She was being challenged by an American runner on her outside on the final stretch, and tried to dip at the line but lost her balance, dropped the baton, face planted on the track, and the Netherlands are disqualified. US win the race in a new world record.

Cachoo

Saw the fall and felt badly for her---they were so close.

Last edited:

love skating

Clueless American
Wow! Those falls today were brutal! I felt bad for them both and since both are doing multiple events here - I hope they'll be okay. But the races themselves were so exciting!

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Taliyah Brooks 🇺🇸 three fouls in the heptathlon long jump. You’d think she would have put in a safe one…

Anna Hall 🇺🇸 with strapping on her leg also not looking great. KJT 🇬🇧 had a great long jump.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
KJT 🇬🇧 sets a PB in the heptathlon javelin and is looking on course for a second world title.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Hall 🇺🇸 has the weirdest javelin technique I have ever seen in a heptathlon and that is saying something. :yikes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information