2023 Autumn Classic International - Men SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Wesley - this hair cut is such a vibe. Maybe something happened in the Canadian choreography universe and the music memos for Jin and Chiu were swapped?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Cue coach Keegan Murphy staring at Wesley in the kiss and cry presumably waiting for an explanation to something that won't come.

While the short program attack was a step up to his skating, this is more of the same for me where he's kinda skating through all of it while he makes errors. If this was going to be a Kill Bill-esque program, I wish they had gone with the memorable Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood version in the movie and not the Canadian lite version.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Chiu

Wait, what did they do to Fur Elise?! :mad: This music arrangement is strange.

Not his best jump day. He seems to have all the ingredients to be successful, maybe he can put it all together later in the season.

tony

Chiu

Wait, what did they do to Fur Elise?! :mad: This music arrangement is strange.

Not his best jump day. He seems to have all the ingredients to be successful, maybe he can put it all together later in the season.
His teammates did it infinitely better last year.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
I can't believe the Hanyu wife reveal is happening right now and I'm watching this instead... (His wife is some beautiful hotshot violinist who's older than him.)

Skate Talker

Is there some sort of new directive on GOE marks for choreo sequences this year? I have definitely been noticing a lot of 0 or even negative GOE's at this competition.

Karen-W

I can't believe the Hanyu wife reveal is happening right now and I'm watching this instead... (His wife is some beautiful hotshot violinist who's older than him.)
Hanyu is irrelevant to an early Challenger line-up that reads like a GP line-up.

tony

Gogolev's jumps don't go anywhere. They go straight up and down often with a big thud and no run-out. That, and most of them are looking under.

3F+3A seq was a nice surprise, but there is no choreography here at all.

Time Lapse is such a fantastic piece of music and should be used much more than it is, but not by a non-expressive skater.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Gogolev

Not seeing a lot of choreography in the program, maybe he should skate to a bombastic movie soundtrack so the music can do some of the work for him. This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Lots of triples completed, though.

Karen-W

This program is beyond dull I apologize for making fun of Canadian Kill Bill
Say that when we're watching this during Worlds and he's here as the Canadian champ. I mean, he landed stuff, which is a step up from the current Canadian men's field.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Count me in as another one who was pleasantly surprised by the 3F-3A sequence.

There wasn't a lot of choreography going on in that program, but at least he didn't completely unravel after the first couple of mistakes.

tony

Say that when we're watching this during Worlds and he's here as the Canadian champ. I mean, he landed stuff, which is a step up from the current Canadian men's field.
He has to get through two programs successfully, and we've seen time and time again, including when he most needed it last season, that it's a big hurdle.

honey

Gogolev

Not seeing a lot of choreography in the program, maybe he should skate to a bombastic movie soundtrack so the music can do some of the work for him. This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Lots of triples completed, though.
Yes, he should. If the skater can’t emote, movie music tends to help somewhat. Anything from the Stojko playlist is where I would start.

Karen-W

By hook or by crook, Canada was gonna get a medal today! :EVILLE:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information