2023 - 2024 March to the Super Bowl - Rodgers, Allen, Purdy, Burrows, Hurts, Mahomes et all

ilovepaydays

It’s about 5:00 left in the first quarter of the AFC Championship game (Chiefs vs. Ravens). I don’t think there’s been any views of Taylor yet. And Kelce scored the first TD for KC. It’s currently tied 7-7. 🏈

ilovepaydays

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Hmm - not 100% sure what to think about this right now. Did Tucker have to do his stretches right there? Isn’t there some sort of etiquette with the warm ups?
——————

Meanwhile, from one Kelce brother to another………

Well, Jason did keep his shirt on for this game. 🙃
Yeah, Romo who is not my favorite announcer, said there was some issues by both sides in warm up.

There was a lot of extracurricular stuff by both teams.

Flowers made some pretty stupid fouls.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved

Cachoo

I do feel sorry for Lamar. He is a good guy and some of those folks with “Lamar Save Us” edits are turning on him. Patrick mostly seems to get calmer when things heat up. I don’t know how he does it.

myhoneyhoney

So far Niners have forgotten how to play defense. That visit to the shelter to play and cuddle with the fur babies must have relaxed them too much.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
When we left our friends house, it was halftime for the Lions-49ers. Lions blowout.
Came home and was :eek: WTF tie score

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Majorly sad Detroit didn’t win but I don’t get why they went for it on 4th down. You are down by a FG and in range. Had they done that the game would be tied. This one is on coaching.

And now I have to cheer for KC in the SB, when I wanted to cheer for Detroit.

Cachoo

So far Niners have forgotten how to play defense. That visit to the shelter to play and cuddle with the fur babies must have relaxed them too much.
They cuddled fur babies? Too cute. Man the game turned around quickly. I feel badly for the Lions but they had a sparkling season.

Fiero425

They got smacked around during Half-Time & found their defensive skills! Detroit was 24-7 & forgot how to score until too late! :wall:

Last edited:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I said all week that Lamar had the supporting cast to beat the Chiefs, but Jones, Sneed and others just played better.

It wasn't penalty calls that caused dropped passes or punched out that ball in the end zone. Lamar just couldn't do it all. I dont think I've seen that many near or complete sacks of Lamar in a single game this season.

Fiero425

I said all week that Lamar had the supporting cast to beat the Chiefs, but Jones, Sneed and others just played better.

It wasn't penalty calls that caused dropped passes or punched out that ball in the end zone. Lamar just couldn't do it all. I dont think I've seen that many near or complete sacks of Lamar in a single game this season.

That was amazing; the punch-out on the 1 yard line! I've seen it a few times; stretching the ball out causing a Turnover! Lamar's interception in the End-Zone didn't help his cause! He contributed to this loss and it just wasn't meant to be for Baltimore! :confused: :wall:

Debbie S

Hmm - not 100% sure what to think about this right now. Did Tucker have to do his stretches right there? Isn’t there some sort of etiquette with the warm ups?
——————
No idea about official warmup etiquette but Tucker was there first, it's a big field, I'm almost positive there was plenty of room elsewhere for Mahomes to warm up. Telling Tucker to move is just ego crap and throwing/tossing his equipment is just being an a-hole.

I didn't watch the game since I was at the men's FS but I did read a tweet that Kelce was shoving Ravens players after plays and not getting called.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
No idea about official warmup etiquette but Tucker was there first, it's a big field, I'm almost positive there was plenty of room elsewhere for Mahomes to warm up. Telling Tucker to move is just ego crap and throwing/tossing his equipment is just being an a-hole.

I didn't watch the game since I was at the men's FS but I did read a tweet that Kelce was shoving Ravens players after plays and not getting called.
That's kinda of BS. There was as much shoving and pushing on everyone's side. I watched it with friends and we all yelled at players from both sides.

There was one incident in the first quarter, where he got in someone's face. But unlike Ravens team, KC teammates got between Kelce and Ravens maybe Harrison?

But I dont watch the post game crap for either coverage. I didn't read Balitimore or KC websites post games, and I have had them for a week before games flooding my feeds - Facebook, Google, others.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I didn't see the Tucker, Mahomes, Kelce Interactions so I'm not going to comment on that. It happened pregame and we were setting up the food and drink. It may have happened the way @Debbie S says. I don't know. It could have happened at anytime in pregame practice.

The two NFL games I attended in person, the field is divided into 2 practice areas - st the mid field. And the 2, I attended the kickers, offense, defense were running drills at different times. And there are multiple warmups.

Romo reported that all week long, the Ravens defense were reportedly saying they were going to slam Mahomes harder than anyone had all season. I consider that just trash talk and really don't pay attention to it. Romo's a retired QB so I take it he's a bit biased.

Apparently Romo dated Jessica Simpson and had received media blitz and crap too over dating the "it" girl. I'm guessing he has a bit of history with that media frenzy and might feel a little compassion for that attention, idk

Both teams played hard, both teams had taunting and there was pushing on each side. The unsportsmanlike penalties were mostly (all?) on Ravens. I didn't see what prompted the roughing the passer calls, but there were 2 maybe 3.

Everyone I was with, most who hadnt see many (any) Ravens games were very impressed with his skills and ability to avoid what looked like certain sacks. Jones was frustrated, but kept his cool - which was really impressive for him. Other games Jones has not.

Both teams played outstanding football.

Cachoo

Justin Tucker discusses the warmup incident:

Justin is a teddy bear. Travis is a teddy bear on every day but game day and then I wouldn't want to be near him. He shouldn't have seen it as gamesmanship. If I was on the opposing team I would loathe him at least on game day. Patrick is ok and if he was wrong then people can call karma when he was clotheslined during the game. I found this part of the article so true:

There’s a constant, unwavering cycle in American sports: We love you when you’re on the way up. We applaud you when you reach the top. We hate you when you stay there too long.

Welcome, Kansas City Chiefs, to the loathing zone. You were a cute story before, but now America is tired of you, your star quarterback, your teddy-bear-looking coach, your celebrity girlfriend, and most of all, your constant presence in the Super Bowl.

And speaking of the celebrity girlfriend: Thank you Colin Cowherd for this take on some (not all) of the reaction to Taylor Swift.

WWWEEELLLLLL—now I don’t know…From Pat—and of course I can’t copy it. Maybe there was a little somethin somethin there after all. I guess they can agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information