2023 - 2024 March to the Super Bowl - Rodgers, Allen, Purdy, Burrows, Hurts, Mahomes et all

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'm thinking Chris is going to push too hard for more money and Chiefs won't go there this year

Do you think Russell Wilson will leave Denver, at the beginning of the season, I would have thought Denver would release him. But things seem to be clicking.

Thoughts on Justin Fields? Aaron Rodgers is a has been, what will his future be. DeVito?

Will Calab Williams be #1 draft? Will Michigan players be shut out of top 10 draftees, despite Michigan National Championship win? I assume Purdy can rewrite his contract.

It's going to be interesting how the draft will impact free agent contracts.

@Cachoo - what do you think about the shooting now that 2 teens are being held? Dispute of two kids or gangs or just wanting to make a name for themselves?

i know Children's Mercy is the closest to Union Station. They are required to treat all ages, but would I assume transfer adults as soon as they are stable. But I think most of the critical condition patients are at Childrens, which means most injured were children? Is that what's reported in KC?

Cachoo

I'm thinking Chris is going to push too hard for more money and Chiefs won't go there this year

Do you think Russell Wilson will leave Denver, at the beginning of the season, I would have thought Denver would release him. But things seem to be clicking.

Thoughts on Justin Fields? Aaron Rodgers is a has been, what will his future be. DeVito?

Will Calab Williams be #1 draft? Will Michigan players be shut out of top 10 draftees, despite Michigan National Championship win? I assume Purdy can rewrite his contract.

It's going to be interesting how the draft will impact free agent contracts.

@Cachoo - what do you think about the shooting now that 2 teens are being held? Dispute of two kids or gangs or just wanting to make a name for themselves?

i know Children's Mercy is the closest to Union Station. They are required to treat all ages, but would I assume transfer adults as soon as they are stable. But I think most of the critical condition patients are at Childrens, which means most injured were children? Is that what's reported in KC?
I'm not sure about the shooting. Who needs to arm themselves for a parade? If it is gangs I had this weird thought yesterday: Remember when the mafia would kill the person they wanted to kill without spraying bullets all over the place? The death of that poor woman was totally, entirely senseless as was the harm brought to all of the victims. If it was not two stupid gang members hitting the panic button and shooting then what was the reason?

It sounds like this could be a banner draft for QB's. Of course we've heard that before and receive disappointing results but Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix and Nix sound talented. But then you think about Brock Purdy and wonder how many other qb's are out there that we don't know about now. If the team can let them wait and learn like Mahomes or Jordan Love in Green Bay all the better for them.

I think Sean Payton loathes Russell Wilson. I'm not a Wilson fan either but I feel like Payton had it out for him from day one. Of course I don't like Payton either. I do wonder if he would have the Charger job now if he would have waited one more year. Whether he goes or stays Wilson is a huge cap hit for Denver. The Chargers have problems too but things look such much better as Justin Herbert is a dream of a qb.

Last edited:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Russell Wilson is looking for another team

Do we need a new retirement, draft and trades thread?

Or wait until the start of pre season games?

Cachoo

Russell Wilson is looking for another team

Do we need a new retirement, draft and trades thread?

Or wait until the start of pre season games?
I don't know about the new thread but I think Wilson would be a good fit for the Raiders only because his wife could have a Vegas Residency singing.

Fiero425

I don't know about the new thread but I think Wilson would be a good fit for the Raiders only because his wife could have a Vegas Residency singing.

Pittsburg could use him as well! Great guy, good husband & parent, but lost his MOJO w/ all these $$millions$$ dropped on him! :rolleyes:

Fiero425

Anybody have comments on free agency signings? Derrick Henry to the Ravens has to be the outstanding signing so far imho.

I don't even try to keep up w/ free agency! The money's so obscene! Every time I think it's out of control & can't keep going in a direction, even more money is thrown at the game! Mahome's deal was out of date the next day he signed it at $500 M over 10 years! Other QB's who've never even played a SB are making more than him! I'm sure Tyreek Hill has all kinds of regret leaving KC for the $$ in Miami! That's 2 SB's he's missed out on! If that can happen, sillier moves will occur! All we can do is hope it all works out for the league as they get more and more powerful in the sport's market! NFL Football has become a 12 month event w/ something always going on; in or out of season! :wall: :rolleyes::40beers:🥳

Cachoo

I don't even try to keep up w/ free agency! The money's so obscene! Every time I think it's out of control & can't keep going in a direction, even more money is thrown at the game! Mahome's deal was out of date the next day he signed it at $500 M over 10 years! Other QB's who've never even played a SB are making more than him! I'm sure Tyreek Hill has all kinds of regret leaving KC for the $$ in Miami! That's 2 SB's he's missed out on! If that can happen, sillier moves will occur! All we can do is hope it all works out for the league as they get more and more powerful in the sport's market! NFL Football has become a 12 month event w/ something always going on; in or out of season! :wall: :rolleyes::40beers:🥳
Yeah but I like the combine, free agency, draft, OTA’s all leading into preseason. I don’t think I would be nearly this interested if the Chiefs were not this successful. I feel like those of us who have supported them for decades are in some sort of fever dream. Sooner or later we have to wake up but I want to enjoy it for
now.

Cachoo

So Aaron Rodgers has been touted as a potential VP candidate on the independent Kennedy campaign. Apparently no comment yet from Aaron as he is on a Costa Rican ayahuasca retreat. However two CNN employees are reporting that Rodgers, a decade ago, told them that he believed Sandy Hook was staged. My question: How does a golden arm come with such a ten cent mind?

once_upon

Better off than 2020
How does a golden arm come with such a ten cent mind?
Being beautiful doesn't always come with intelligence or common sense. Physical attributes and sports ability don't either.
How many of us have gone to our HS reunions and found the football QB and head cheerleader haven't moved on to greater things?

free agent, draft picks, salary caps are all ways to manipulate a system.

Tommy Townsend leaving Chiefs (or being let go depending on which news media you read) is a good example.

Was it for more money, was it because Chiefs wanted a younger player looking to the future, was it because Chris Jone's contract was so large, was to obtain a higher draft pick order?

It's a big game for a potential big payoff.

vgerdes

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information