2023 - 2024 March to the Super Bowl - Rodgers, Allen, Purdy, Burrows, Hurts, Mahomes et all

once_upon

Better off than 2020
So Rodgers moved, Purdy appears to be healthy, Carr moved to Saints, Wilson isn't as effective as Broncos thought, Brady retired (for the 3rd time..apparently for good but đź‘€). Mahomes is my guy but the announcers like the coming years with Hurts, Allen, Burrows and Mahomes rivalry for years to come.

Come on Carrie Underwood-im ready for some football!

asdf334

I get the frustration the 49ers had with JimmyG, but if Lance (nothing against him personally, how I'd feel regardless of whoever the other QB is) really doesn't pan out total schadenfreude for me.

Debbie S

Ahem...no mention of Lamar Jackson in the thread title with the other QBs? Arrrmmphh! ;)

Here's hoping he stays healthy through the whole season.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Sorry about the exclusion of Jackson. I know i forgot some.

Watching pre-season games, I saw quite a few of potential 2nd QBs. The one announcer whose voice grates on my last nerve - can't remember his name maybe Dan Fouts? - spoke the truth. The 2nd or 3rd string QBs are just one play away from being starter QB.

Pre-season injuries are so cruel (not that it isn't true for all injuries at any time). One player, in his second year, had had a season ending injury last year pre season game was injured in 2nd pre season game again this year - it looked like it was another season ending injury.

I'm hoping Kelce tones his personna down a bit going into Sept 9th game. I know he is having fun and all, but it's time to get back to work. Maybe I'm just getting all the storied of fun, because of all the KC stuff that appears on my Facebook and Google feeds. But in my opinion it's time to shut up.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Burrow. ;) Just Burrow....and this girl here has been enjoying a surprisingly good Reds season but is SO READY for Bengals football again. Who Dey! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I'll quietly take my Dak Prescott and hope for the best! (although we're a team who has already had a season-ending injury, though not to a starter)

Cachoo

Love my Chiefs but if I had to lay a bet today on the two contenders in the SB I'd go with San Francisco and Cincinnati.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Love my Chiefs but if I had to lay a bet today on the two contenders in the SB I'd go with San Francisco and Cincinnati.
Yeah - I think the Bengals and Chiefs will be battling it out for AFC...but Ravens and Bill's could too.

It will all come down to injuries, I think.

And if Kelce/Mahomes get too cocky. You can't wait for those last 13 seconds left in the game wins. Once in a lifetime occurrence.

Cachoo

Yeah - I think the Bengals and Chiefs will be battling it out for AFC...but Ravens and Bill's could too.

It will all come down to injuries, I think.

And if Kelce/Mahomes get too cocky. You can't wait for those last 13 seconds left in the game wins. Once in a lifetime occurrence.
I don't think that will be a problem as Mahomes is a workaholic with his receiving core in the off season. But I do think the Bengals have the best wide receivers so far. I wouldn't put anyone ahead of Kelce at tight end. One of the teams that has my attention is Jacksonville---they have a good coach and ascending quarterback and their division is weak. They can stack up the wins. I don't think Russell Wilson will be the disaster he was last season and the Chargers now have a good offensive coach in Moore and I have mad respect for Herbert. Every game in the division will be tough.

Watching preseason---saying I'm already tired of: "He's going through his progressions."

Last edited:

Cachoo

I love the Kelce brothers: Glad to see Jason getting the recognition he so richly deserves:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Chris Jones is an asshole. Either play or don't, but don't show up in the audience. Be a Chief or dont.

The game I went to Mahomes was last to go out on the field...tonight he led the charge

Cachoo

I'm watching NFL Redzone---seeing some good plays. Tua lofted one up for Tyreek and of course he is so fast that the back couldn't keep up with him. Miami is a quick, quick team. Apparently Russell Wilson isn't washed...he simply needed a coach. Cleveland looks solid....24 points in a downpour....impressive. The Ravens looked good, San Francisco looked GREAT.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'm watching NFL Redzone---seeing some good plays. Tua lofted one up for Tyreek and of course he is so fast that the back couldn't keep up with him. Miami is a quick, quick team. Apparently Russell Wilson isn't washed...he simply needed a coach. Cleveland looks solid....24 points in a downpour....impressive. The Ravens looked good, San Francisco looked GREAT.
I missed some games as I went to grandson's football game.

I can't believe Tua is playing.

Cachoo

I missed some games as I went to grandson's football game.

I can't believe Tua is playing.
He was great today. I guess he accepted the risk. Garappalo looked so comfortable with the Raiders. I was impressed. But Tua to Tyreek was awesome. Miami is legit because of that speed. I hope he remains healthy. KC goes to the Jags next week. Not an easy task…

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Has anyone else seen Peyton and Eli doing promo spots for Paris Olympics?

Do you think they might do something as sportscaster during Olympics? I know there is not football, but they are pretty good in a lot of roles.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
It was late last night. I lost interest around the 3rd quarter. But yea! My dad is watching down from the heavens!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
It's either his Achilles or something bad with his foot :(

I live in Wisconsin and while he's been super annoying for a while now, I feel sick for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information