2023 - 2024 March to the Super Bowl - Rodgers, Allen, Purdy, Burrows, Hurts, Mahomes et all

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Hope the Bengals right the ship in their next game....I was traveling home from vacation at the time and missed most of it but it sounds like I didn't miss much. :yikes:

Cachoo

That stinks for Rodgers. For me the story was Jordan Whitehead. He intercepted Josh Allen three times. It is tough enough to get one interception.

Cachoo

Hope the Bengals right the ship in their next game....I was traveling home from vacation at the time and missed most of it but it sounds like I didn't miss much. :yikes:
You didn’t—-if you told me the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs would all lose last week I would not have believed it. It was two NFC teams—Dallas and especially San Francisco who looked “super.”

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The question we want to know in KC: Is Travis Kelce dating Taylor Swift?
I think it's a hoax. The photo I saw was a poor photoshop and Taylor was out of the country and Travis was getting ready for a game.

Anyway, I think he likes the spotlight a bit too much to share with T Swift. :)

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Taylor is sitting next to Donna Kelce in the suite box. So...

:yikes: I just saw the Dolphins (70) Broncos (20) score.

Last week, when we were in Denver the newscasters were ready to fire Sean Peyton after that game. I can't imagine how it will be now

Last edited:

Cachoo

The Dolphins are firing on all cylinders. Scary good today…

So cute to see Taylor up there cheering… Probably won’t last but I hope they both have fun.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Our friends were at the KC game yesterday. While they didn't see Taylor, they were sitting in the same section quite a number of row below the suite that Taylor and Donna were sitting. They said the Swifties were trying to zoom in for a picture.

Their son, who works for the Chiefs organization, says that regardless of the romance yes or no, they anticipate a different fan attending or watching Chiefs.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
WHO DEY! Nice to see the guys get a win tonight! I know Burrow isn't quite the Burrow we know and love yet but that was such a gutty performance on a huge stage tonight (fun to see the Rams be the team whose QB was running for his life all night instead of my QB, LOL :lol: ) and that Bengals defense was RIDICULOUSLY awesome. My guys finally got that first win of the season and now they can build up from here. I'm a happy Bengals fan tonight! :cheer:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I hope the Cowboys can recover after losing to the worst team in the NFL. Their past record says their roller coaster ride will continue rest of the season, and it Will not be fun.

Cachoo

Our friends were at the KC game yesterday. While they didn't see Taylor, they were sitting in the same section quite a number of row below the suite that Taylor and Donna were sitting. They said the Swifties were trying to zoom in for a picture.

Their son, who works for the Chiefs organization, says that regardless of the romance yes or no, they anticipate a different fan attending or watching Chiefs.
I am getting a kick out of some of the stuff that has emerged from her appearance at one game: The 400% increase in sales of NO. 87 jerseys, a three-fold increase in requests for Chiefs tickets which are hard to come by anyway. But I think what tickled me most was the TikTok videos of women trolling their men by saying Taylor Swift was helping Kelce kickstart his career and filming their reactions.🤣 Clever girls. It's all fun even if it was just one game.

skatingguy

decently
I don't even know where to begin with this kind of nonsense. 🤦‍♂️

Barstool Sports podcast hosts face backlash for sexist remarks about Taylor Swift amid Travis Kelce romance

During the episode, the two co-hosts claimed that Swift’s recent Chiefs appearances have been a “distraction” to the game. “If there was going to be a distraction, it would probably be the most famous person in the world dating your tight end,” said co-host Sollenberger, referencing Swift’s rumoured romance with Kelce.
Elsewhere in the podcast, Katz admitted that he’d accept Swift’s presence at Chiefs games if she and Kelce were to “release a sex video”, as he described what crude details the video must include for him to accept their rumoured relationship.
“Until that happens I think it’s fake, I think it’s for clicks, and I think Taylor Swift is using the NFL to make her star bigger,” Katz said.

Cachoo

Well that is par for the course for Barstool. I do think the NFL should do this more like the NBA when you show someone famous but don't keep coming back to them. But the NFL always wants more eyeballs and Variety reports that they certainly received that Sunday night: Biggest viewership for football since the Superbowl with a 53% increase in teenaged girls, 24% increase in women from 18-34 and a 34% increase in women over 35.

One thing I thought was funny was the "No Dumb Questions" on the New Heights Podcast (the Kelce brothers.) Clearly some Swifties were asking questions: "What is a down" "Explain Extra Points" "What is a Gronk?" To their credit they were welcomed and their questions answered mostly seriously. (How do you explain Gronk?)

Swift hits the road again in mid-October for more concert dates so this will die down.

Cachoo

Well as a Chief’s fan I’ve been following this Swift—Kelce story. I was on YouTube watching skating and Sky News announced they are carrying the Chiefs afternoon press conference live. Mind you the Wed presser is mainly any mundane announcements before they fly to an away game. To carry this live is insane. They did have Travis come to the podium to answer a few questions about Swift, football and a shot that Aaron Rodgers aimed at him for promoting the vaccine. He handled it well. I no longer think the relationship is some sort of publicity stunt.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I was TV access limited this weekend and didn't see any Chiefs coverage, just did live scores.

I think the relationship is real, but like Kelce Saud in one interview - like something in high school where everyone thinks they know. Maybe it's the romantic in me, but I think he has a crush and found a way to let her know (friendship bracelet with his number, was it a phone # or his jersey #). She's flattered and thinks he's cute.

Let them figure it out. :)

Cachoo

Man do we have troubles on offense this year--at least compared to the past five years. I know we have been spoiled. But it seems like it is Mahomes, Kelce, MacKinnon and Pacheco as the viable go to guys on offense. Gray has some good moments too but there is no one that seems to be able create distance for the long ball. So we are struggling offensively. On the flip side the defense is dandy.

Nice to see Taylor and Travis are still a thing....

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Gray's trick play was too easily read. If I could see it, it's no wonder the Broncos weren't fooled.

Herbstreet said he thought by Thanksgiving the offense will be outstanding.

THAT was one effed up trick play.

Cachoo

Gray's trick play was too easily read. If I could see it, it's no wonder the Broncos weren't fooled.

Herbstreet said he thought by Thanksgiving the offense will be outstanding.

THAT was one effed up trick play.
I would love to believe that but it doesn’t seem like our receivers can separate (except for Kelce.)

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Apparently I missed AL Michael's description of Taylor
Travis' "good buddy...and girlfriend"

I think everyone should have a tee shirt that reads "good buddy and girlfriend" what do you think @Cachoo

Cachoo

Apparently I missed AL Michael's description of Taylor
Travis' "good buddy...and girlfriend"

I think everyone should have a tee shirt that reads "good buddy and girlfriend" what do you think @Cachoo
I don't know. I went to TikTok and some of the vitriol from men for her when it comes to the NFL is really ugly. Her life is just so BIG. I don't know how she manages it. I like the t-shirt though. I think it helps that he has his own successful career, he is well liked, he is famous (not as famous as she is) and he seems protective of her. And gawd is he easy on the eyes. And maybe that is what she needs right now.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I can't get over how many men are making jokes that boil down to some variation of if Travis makes a mistake on the field, Taylor will leave him. It's quite a window into the male mind, or at least the older male mind.

Cachoo

Meanwhile the Chiefs still have problems on offense though Travis is not one of them. The hard part of the schedule starts with the next game.

I don’t pay as much attention to the NFC except to see that San Fran is scary good and the Eagles are not playing that well and yet they are undefeated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information