2023 - 2024 March to the Super Bowl - Rodgers, Allen, Purdy, Burrows, Hurts, Mahomes et all

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I read an interview with Tucker who reportedly said, it's football. He didn't see the big deal.

But, it's over and done.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Our friends' son gets 2 tickets to the Super Bowl as part of his salary compensation. He is giving them to them, it comes with all the experience - flight on the Chiefs plane (i think there are 3 or 4), the parties, etc. Since the tickets are part of his salary compensation he has to pay income tax on them. Their son is working almost 16 or more hours each day, they dont see him much. They are super excited. They did go to another one - 2020 maybe?

He really does work hard - game days he rarely get home before 2 am. Playoff games, Division Championship games his hours are unbelievable.

We do look to see him on the sidelines after games - he is one of several communications/PR/media people who direct players to interviews or swoops them off or picks up equipment.

Cachoo

I read an interview with Tucker who reportedly said, it's football. He didn't see the big deal.

But, it's over and done.
Finally from the horse's mouth: https://www.tiktok.com/@swiftieinkc...1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7308756584179746347
Our friends' son gets 2 tickets to the Super Bowl as part of his salary compensation. He is giving them to them, it comes with all the experience - flight on the Chiefs plane (i think there are 3 or 4), the parties, etc. Since the tickets are part of his salary compensation he has to pay income tax on them. Their son is working almost 16 or more hours each day, they dont see him much. They are super excited. They did go to another one - 2020 maybe?

He really does work hard - game days he rarely get home before 2 am. Playoff games, Division Championship games his hours are unbelievable.

We do look to see him on the sidelines after games - he is one of several communications/PR/media people who direct players to interviews or swoops them off or picks up equipment.
SB in Vegas: Whatever the outcome the trip sounds like fun.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
SB in Vegas: Whatever the outcome the trip sounds like fun.
When the SB was in Miami (you know the month before Covid shut down the world), they were there at that one. The whole football weekend story was magical. I'm looking forward to this year's stories.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Cachoo

Local news talked about Kelce comments. Local news anchor, who was at the warmup, said the Chiefs kicker was in the Ravens area doing the same thing as Tucker. And no one did the Kelce equivalent. I'm sure stuff like this happens all the time before big games, but as the saying goes, don't dish it out if you (Kelce) can't take it.....
After listening to New Heights I'm with Jason Kelce on this one. It did bring up a cute moment on McAfee. But I came to post this early commercial for the Superbowl which I thought was pretty darn good: https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1753128782154645554

Cachoo

Yikes. I didn't know that fines accompanied some penalties

I haven’t figured out who is fined for what. On New Heights they said it was for throwing the ball near Sneed’s head. They don’t think there should be penalties for taunting. I don’t think I agree with them on that. They did say Zay’s talent was apparent when Mahomes worked out with players last Spring. Jump off the screen good.

That Baltimore game confused me in some ways. We have problems against the run sometimes. Why didn’t they run more? And now we face the best running back in the league. And then we were shut out from scoring in the second half. Credit their defense along with this continuing inability to score for a half. I hope we are ready for the 49ers. They scare me. Kelce mentioned that going on the road and winning after all of the problems was especially gratifying. I think there is a lot of Chiefs fatigue out there. I get it but I am still so thrilled for them.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Purdy has surprised everyone. When Purdy was at Iowa State i was impressed with him. It wss the same era as Max ____ st TSU.. my dad"s neighbor in the senior independent apartments was grandfather. So we watched a lot of them. he 49 Niners have a tight end Kelce has said will be the greatest tight end.

I think Chiefs are not taking this game for granted. I think the 2nd half stuff with the Ravens came down to Raven's covering Kelce better. Weren't the majority of the unsportsmanlike penalties the 2nd half? I didn't see one of the roughing the passer ones - I got super hot and went outside for a few minutes.

The Ravens also did some pretty stupid things - like the off sides that they made zero effort to hide the run through the O line.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'm watching the dumb fun Pro Bowl game/skills thing.

It is good stupid fun, no one is getting hurt. The stands are completely filled.

Cachoo

Who is having the most fun in Vegas for the SB? Niners and Chiefs? Nope it is Jason Kelce. I saw him at the Sphere at the U2 concert. I saw him with his wife watching Adele’s show. He is being courted by all of the networks who want to hire him when he retires. And of course the podcasts including his own...and he goes everywhere in his flip flops.

ilovepaydays

Cachoo

HELP

My husband has turned into a Swiftie. He's recounting her tours, set up of stages, flight time from Tokyo to Las Vegas. He's watching Tay videos.

HELP
Oh my goodness! When did this happen? I saw a great TikTok from a Broncos fan defending her because his daughter is watching football with him. Now he just needs to move her allegiance to his team.

Debbie S

Sorry, Taylor and Chiefs fans, I'm rooting for the 49ers.

Earlier tonight, Taylor's plane was in the air over the Pacific. I'm sure she'll make it to Vegas in time for the game. Unless it's cloudy with a light drizzle like it was when I connected through Vegas on my way home from Nats last year, then the airport apparently shuts down.

LOL, my local news anchor, talking about Taylor: "Some people are getting tired of hearing about her, but she'll be a major part of the game." :lol:

Cachoo

Sorry, Taylor and Chiefs fans, I'm rooting for the 49ers.

Earlier tonight, Taylor's plane was in the air over the Pacific. I'm sure she'll make it to Vegas in time for the game. Unless it's cloudy with a light drizzle like it was when I connected through Vegas on my way home from Nats last year, then the airport apparently shuts down.

LOL, my local news anchor, talking about Taylor: "Some people are getting tired of hearing about her, but she'll be a major part of the game." :lol:
Of course I am pulling for the Chiefs but if it doesn’t go their way I will be thrilled for the lovable George Kittle.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Obviously I'm a huge Chiefs fan, and would like to have a win for the team.

But Prudy and Kittle are local college guys. Watched them during college days. I think both QBs and TEs have expressed great respect for each other.

What I want is a good game. What I sont want is a blow out or waiting until the last 1:45 to go get the Chiefs going. Especially the last 13 seconds. My heart just take take those 13 seconds or 3 second games.

I really really don't want more than a few seconds of Taylor or a Q&A after game as to when he will give Taylor a ring.

Cachoo

Obviously I'm a huge Chiefs fan, and would like to have a win for the team.

But Prudy and Kittle are local college guys. Watched them during college days. I think both QBs and TEs have expressed great respect for each other.

What I want is a good game. What I sont want is a blow out or waiting until the last 1:45 to go get the Chiefs going. Especially the last 13 seconds. My heart just take take those 13 seconds or 3 second games.

I really really don't want more than a few seconds of Taylor or a Q&A after game as to when he will give Taylor a ring.
My friend wants to know how I would bet if I didn’t have a rooting interest in one of teams. Well first of all how does one suspend that?? But here goes:
Earlier in the season the 49er’s were crushing everyone. And I mean CRUSHING. They didn’t do that in the playoffs and yet here they are in the SB.
KC’s defense really are the heroes this year as the offense has struggled. Even with the improved play against Buffalo and Baltimore they still didn’t score a lot.

Of course I would bet on KC because I am a fan. But the 49er’s have a more complete team imho.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
My friend wants to know how I would bet if I didn’t have a rooting interest in one of teams. Well first of all how does one suspend that?? But here goes:
Earlier in the season the 49er’s were crushing everyone. And I mean CRUSHING. They didn’t do that in the playoffs and yet here they are in the SB.
KC’s defense really are the heroes this year as the offense has struggled. Even with the improved play against Buffalo and Baltimore they still didn’t score a lot.

Of course I would bet on KC because I am a fan. But the 49er’s have a more complete team imho.
I've read and seen so many national reporting saying the niners are favored, but they can't bet against Reid/Mahomes. Most I see are 3 or 7 point game.

I really don't know who I would predict to win. I honestly thought Ravens would take it all, but KC defense really stepped it up

I never thought the IA NE women's basketball game would not be a 2 point game with 48 secs left.

Holy crap! NE leads. CC may be denied this win

Cachoo

I've read and seen so many national reporting saying the niners are favored, but they can't bet against Reid/Mahomes. Most I see are 3 or 7 point game.

I really don't know who I would predict to win. I honestly thought Ravens would take it all, but KC defense really stepped it up

I never thought the IA NE women's basketball game would not be a 2 point game with 48 secs left.

Holy crap! NE leads. CC may be denied this win
😯 Our local woman Lynette Woodard set a mark but it was before the NCAA could be that bothered with women in sports so it doesn’t count.

Tesla

Whippet Good
I want to watch Nickelodeon's version of the Super Bowl but it isn’t on Paramount+. :wuzrobbed

ilovepaydays

CBS’s intro for the kickoff show just made me miss Frank Sinatra.

I’m rooting for a good game. And much better commercials than last year.

ilovepaydays

WAIT. Brock Purdy (49ers starting QB) was a Mr. Irrelevant??!! 😲

I liked Dove’s girls, sports, and confidence commercial. 🙂

ilovepaydays

I wouldn’t have thought that Messi 🇦🇷 ⚽️ would be in a Michelob Light ad, but all righty, then……

This is going to be a low scoring game, isn’t it?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
WAIT. Brock Purdy (49ers starting QB) was a Mr. Irrelevant??!! 😲

I liked Dove’s girls, sports, and confidence commercial. 🙂
Was he really drafted LAST?

I root for the 49ers in honor of my years-long crush on Joe Montana but Purdy may be my new favorite underdog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information