2022 Skate America

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Interesting concept but I had a different execution

Mine was to find out where the skaters came out of, strap on a good pair of Nikes to my feet and bumrush all my favorite skaters. Get some good photos, let some of the male skaters know what room I was staying in, lol and put the “please disturb“ sign on my door. Lol

At one Nationals, mom & I had the hotel room next to Scott Hamilton and Peter Carruthers! Even then, we stayed quiet and never asked for an autograph or selfie if we saw them in the hallway…but I may have held a glass to the wall…JUST KIDDING!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
At one Nationals, mom & I had the hotel room next to Scott Hamilton and Peter Carruthers! Even then, we stayed quiet and never asked for an autograph or selfie if we saw them in the hallway…but I may have held a glass to the wall…JUST KIDDING!

I don’t mean to be a one- upper but coming home from skate America Pittsburgh I sat right next to Peter Carruthers on the flight back to Los Angeles.

Sylvia

TBD
Here's the link (in the tweet) to USFS' press release that confirms Gracie and McNamara/Spiridonov:

Also posted by @Wyliefan in the Grand Prix Assignments thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ents-are-published.109794/page-7#post-6290016

Last edited:

Carolla5501

My husband travels for work. That seems to be standard. They will come if you ask.
Not at Marriott they just don’t do it.
Yikes. Whenever I travel, hotels try to palm off that idea as being green-friendly and sustainable.
Pack a UV light to check for scary stains that can't be seen under normal conditions, just in case!
As someone who has traveled weekly for decades and stayed in hotels weekly. I found this hysterical. Have fun but I’m not about to do it
I don't care that much about my sheets being washed every day, but I do want fresh towels. Most hotels though you can't differentiate--the options are everything washed or nothing washed and I have a sneaking suspicion even when you say everything washed, they don't. But towels? I WANT MY CLEAN TOWELS. I will go full-on MechaKaren on you over towels. I will be so Karen, I will morph into Barb.
He is very rare in United States that the hotel changed your sheets . They make your bed every day but if you’re just there but two or three nights they are not changing your sheets except maybe at 5 star hotels

I’m really glad I decided not to go. The last few times i watched Gracie it’s just left me depressed. This way I can check the results and decide if I want to watch

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
I WANT MY CLEAN TOWELS. I will go full-on MechaKaren on you over towels. I will be so Karen, I will morph into Barb.
There is no need to turn into a "Karen" (and apologies to our @Karen-W, by the way). Simply politely ask the attendant for more towels. I have never been denied access to surplus towels, even at budget establishments.

And I’ll bet that you asked for an autograph or selfie????

No I asked him to spill the tea on the competition I just watched. Lol
In person, I found Peter Carruthers very charismatic and charming--such a magnetic personality. I was astonished because he was by far my least favorite commentator of the 90s.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
There is no need to turn into a "Karen" (and apologies to our @Karen-W, by the way). Simply politely ask the attendant for more towels. I have never been denied access to surplus towels, even at budget establishments.
If I didn't routinely re-use towels at home and generally bring at least one, large beach towel with me when I'm staying at hotels, I'd probably live up to my name meme on hotel housekeeping staff who didn't bring clean/additional towels when requested.

ice coverage

Excerpts from subject-to-change :) schedule within event announcement from ISU page:

Grand Prix of Figure Skating® 2022/23
2022 Skate America, Norwood, MA / USA, 21. – 23.10.2022
21. EVENT SCHEDULE – Subject to Change

Friday, October 21, 2022
19:24 PAIRS – Short Program
20:49 MEN – Short Program

Saturday, October 22, 2022
14:41 ICE DANCE – Rhythm Dance
16:18 WOMEN – Short Program
19:15 PAIRS – Free Skating
21:01 MEN – Free Skating
Victory Ceremonies Men and Pairs​

Sunday, October 23, 2022
13:08 ICE DANCE – Free Dance
14:59 WOMEN – Free Skating
15:00 Victory Ceremonies Women and Ice Dance​
19:15 Exhibition Gala

Please note: This schedule is subject to changes.​

ETA:

And ... color-coded schedule (version as of Sep 2) also is available on ISU site.

Times listed above match those on the color-coded schedule.​

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Not at Marriott they just don’t do it.

As someone who has traveled weekly for decades and stayed in hotels weekly. I found this hysterical. Have fun but I’m not about to do it

He is very rare in United States that the hotel changed your sheets . They make your bed every day but if you’re just there but two or three nights they are not changing your sheets except maybe at 5 star hotels

I’m really glad I decided not to go. The last few times i watched Gracie it’s just left me depressed. This way I can check the results and decide if I want to watch
I’m not happy about Gracie. She looked anxious at Potomac Open, with no streaming and about 60 people watching. SA is exponentially higher-pressure.

In person, I found Peter Carruthers very charismatic and charming--such a magnetic personality. I was astonished because he was by far my least favorite commentator of the 90s.
I also met Peter, I think at Lake Placid SA, and also found him approachable and funny.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
There are only 2300-2500 seats in the arena.

ohhhhh Is this taking place in that brand new Boston rink that has a long wood paneling with the giant clock in the center of it? This is where cranberry also takes place

It’s a nice rink but rather unimpressive for an ISU Grand Prix competition.

I don’t mean to be Donny downer, just saying though.

sk9tingfan

ohhhhh Is this taking place in that brand new Boston rank that has a long wood paneling with the giant clock in the center of it? This is where cranberry also takes place

It’s a nice rink but rather unimpressive for an ISU Grand Prix competition.
Yes. My guess is that US Figure Skating does not want to take a financial bath on all of its events. This arena and the updated arena in Lake Placid are very economical and have multiple ice surfaces.

ice coverage

It was sold out within a week or so.

It’s hard to wrap my mind around that one, but very nice to hear

The basic point remains the same -- that ticket sales were very strong from the beginning.
After the first week or so, something like 85% of seats were sold.

(Seats for the general public did not literally sell out until the day that GP assignments were announced, which was Jul 22.
The day before, a hundred+ seats for the general public still were available.)

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I emailed SCOB a few days ago asking if there will be a bag policy and if in and out parking will be available, and they haven't responded. Anyone here involved with the club that could get information on this?

Gusmom

Banned Member
BTW, the daily parking rate at SCOB went up from $10 to $15 for Cranberry Cup ... I'm sure it won't be less at SA. 😕
Ugh. I’m guessing they don’t have an all event parking pass? Hoping they allow coming & going. That will be ridiculous if one has to pay for practices and then the competition.

BittyBug

Disgusted
They haven't had all-event parking passes for any of the comps so far in Norwood. So, alas, I wouldn't expect one for SA.
SCOB will offer an all-event parking pass for SKAM, subject to availability, but expect it to be pricey given scarcity. There will also be a free shuttle between the University Station T parking lot and SCOB. Parking at the T station is cheap ($7 weekdays, $3 weekends).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information