2022 Skate America

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I was told the other day in response to my e-mail asking, that they don't expect to need volunteers because CSOB will be providing. Just for those of us who weren't local and interested in helping out!

ice coverage

I was told the other day in response to my e-mail asking, that they don't expect to need volunteers because CSOB will be providing. Just for those of us who weren't local and interested in helping out!

Good to know, and thank you for sharing what you were told.
I'm disappointed that non-locals probably will not have a chance to volunteer. 😐

... Is it wrong that the fact that tickets are almost sold out makes me want to buy them just in case I can go :lol:

🤭 Normally I am not in a rush, but I succumbed to the urge to purchase much earlier than usual because I was worried that tickets would sell out.
I suspect that this phenomenon has not been uncommon and is contributing to the rate of ticket sales ... self-fulfilling prophecy. 🔮

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
When do y'all make plane reservations? Part of me wants to make them now, part of me says wait to make sure the schedule stays the same/world doesn't blow up before then.

alizadavida

Interesting - they replied to my email saying stay tuned for more info when it's closer (I'm local but not at SCOB)

ice coverage

By my count, fewer than three hundred seats are available at this point. 📉
(I am not including handicapped and companion seats.)

Last edited:

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
Back in April I was diagnosed with a major illness. As extra incentive to fight it and not give up, I bought a ticket for Skate America. I had surgery last week and I'm hoping that's all I need. I'll find out soon if I'm in the clear or not. I'm trying to stay positive, and hope to be there in Norwood healthy and ready to see live skating again.

Evgeniafan

Back in April I was diagnosed with a major illness. As extra incentive to fight it and not give up, I bought a ticket for Skate America. I had surgery last week and I'm hoping that's all I need. I'll find out soon if I'm in the clear or not. I'm trying to stay positive, and hope to be there in Norwood healthy and ready to see live skating again.
Get well soon. 🙏

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Now that assignments are out I am committing. My flight does not leave until Monday afternoon so I think I’m going to stay downtown on Sunday night (skip the gala). For those familiar with Boston are there areas I should avoid? I’m looking at Harborside Inn as it appears convenient for Monday morning exploring and then getting to the airport.

Carolla5501

Now that assignments are out I am committing. My flight does not leave until Monday afternoon so I think I’m going to stay downtown on Sunday night (skip the gala). For those familiar with Boston are there areas I should avoid? I’m looking at Harborside Inn as it appears convenient for Monday morning exploring and then getting to the airport.
Stayed in that area just before the world shut down and had no problems.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
What airline are you using? I looked for non-stop flights and couldn't find any. stalk, stalk

I just fly Delta though CLT is owned by American, I just hate American :shuffle: It wasn't bad--but I paid SkyMiles, 15k roundtrip. Now it's up to 30k SkyMiles!

My cousin's getting married on the Friday, but it's so expensive for us to fly to Tampa so I'll probably still be going to SA. ($500/person! Insane!)

ice coverage

To be clear:

All-Session Tickets​

Tickets for this event are sold out!

All-session tickets include access to official practice sessions on Thursday, Oct. 20 and the Skating Spectacular.

• P1 All-Session Tickets (rows 1-2): $295/seat + applicable taxes and fees
  • P2 All-Session Tickets (rows 3-10): $235/seat + applicable taxes and fees
Any remaining single session tickets will be avaialble in Fall 2022.

FWIW:

- Reinforcing what kwanette posted, SCOB's ticket site now says:
"Tickets for the 2022 Skate America have sold out. To be placed on a waiting list, please email [email protected]."​

- Out of curiosity, I had looked at the ticket site yesterday -- in other words, before skaters were announced -- and only about 115 seats were available. (I'm not counting handicapped/companion seats.)

It's not clear to me whether or not SCOB from the beginning had blocked off some seats for which it would offer only single-session tickets???​
In any case, I suspect that availability (ETA: if any?) of single-session tix will be low, at best.​
But I have to wonder whether someone at USFS just forgot to delete the line about "Any remaining single session tickets ..."???​

Last edited:

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
@ice coverage , I bought my tickets in May. I had just got my state tax return and was prepared to put down a good chunk of $$$ on good tickets and there were none to be had. I had to buy cheap tix in a corner just because that's what was available. A lot of the open seats were handicap & companion seats or otherwise not really open to the general public, but they still show up as "available". I'd think any single-session tix available now would be so terrible it would be better to watch on TV. :lol:

ice coverage

@ice coverage , I bought my tickets in May. I had just got my state tax return and was prepared to put down a good chunk of $$$ on good tickets and there were none to be had. I had to buy cheap tix in a corner just because that's what was available. A lot of the open seats were handicap & companion seats or otherwise not really open to the general public, but they still show up as "available". I'd think any single-session tix available now would be so terrible it would be better to watch on TV. :lol:

Sorry, but I don't understand what your point is regarding handicapped/companion seats. 🤷‍♀️

To clarify: When I looked at the Skate America seating maps on the ticket site yesterday, there were handicapped/companion seats available in multiple sections -- but I purposely did not include them in my count. That is all I was saying in my side reference.

As of yesterday, seven sections had small numbers of available seats (total: approx. 115) for the general public.
It would make sense to me that today's announcement of assignments bumped up Skate America ticket sales.

As of today, it is no longer possible to view Skate America seating maps on the ticket site.

FWIW, I have read comments from those who are familiar with SCOB to the effect that there is not a bad seat in the house. :)

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Sorry, but I don't understand what your point is regarding handicapped/companion seats. 🤷‍♀️

To clarify: When I looked at the Skate America seating maps on the ticket site yesterday, there were handicapped/companion seats available in multiple sections -- but I purposely did not include them in my count. That is all I was saying in my side reference.

As of yesterday, seven sections had small numbers of available seats (total: approx. 115) for the general public.
It would make sense to me that today's announcement of assignments bumped up Skate America ticket sales.

As of today, it is no longer possible to view Skate America seating maps on the ticket site.

FWIW, I have read comments from those who are familiar with SCOB to the effect that there is not a bad seat in the house. :)
I was just backing up your point is all and that it had been like you described for a while. That's all. I'm excited to attend an event that's not empty, and I'm sure the skaters will be super stoked to skate for a full house. I just wish I had made the decision to go sooner!

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
I presume there are a sizable number of fans, like me, who wish to attend this event now that Grand Prix rosters have been unveiled, only to find out no seats are available. Disappointing.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

I was just backing up your point is all and that it had been like you described for a while. That's all. I'm excited to attend an event that's not empty, and I'm sure the skaters will be super stoked to skate for a full house. I just wish I had made the decision to go sooner!

@Matryeshka, your seats will be good, even if they're in a corner! I've sat in most corners of the SCOB arena now, and it's true what @ice coverage said--there's not a bad seat there. :)

clare_D

I actually have a ticket I want to sell. Does anyone knoe SCOB's policy for ticket resale?

Last edited:

Debbie S

But I have to wonder whether someone at USFS just forgot to delete the line about "Any remaining single session tickets ..."???
I would assume that yes, they did the update in a hurry and forgot. I doubt SCOB blocked off seats for single-session sales - LOCs prefer to sell all-event tix - so most likely the remaining tix have been sold.

I actually have a ticket I want to sell. Does anyone knoe SCOB's policy for ticket resale?
No, but people sell tix to events all the time. You could post in the pinned thread in this section of the board.

alizadavida

right near aquarium. Very convenient and safe.

SCOB likely didn't block off any individual seats due to the fact that the arena is small to begin with. No seat is a bad seat but I still think USFS is now wishing they booked the garden. Anyone know when volunteer approvals start to go out?

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap

SCOB likely didn't block off any individual seats due to the fact that the arena is small to begin with. No seat is a bad seat but I still think USFS is now wishing they booked the garden. Anyone know when volunteer approvals start to go out?

The difference in cost between SCOB and the garden is astronomical. USFSA has done exactly what they were intending to do with SCOB, which is sell out a smaller venue instead of having an empty looking giant venue.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover

I doubt they will have many volunteer opportunities. They managed the gala with members and outside security

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting in this thread:
If anyone finds access to the latest time schedule for Skate America, I would appreciate knowing. I'm most concerned about what time the Women's event begins on Sunday. Somewhere, maybe the actual tickets I have, show events beginning at 8am, which is very early for an ISU event, but I heard that may not be the actual beginning times.
Here's the Skate America event info page: https://www.usfigureskating.org/event/2022-skate-america

8 am sounds like the beginning of official practice.

Tentative schedule from April:
Friday, Oct. 21: Pairs Short Program & Men's Short Program
Saturday, Oct. 22: Rhythm Dance, Women's Short Program, Pairs Free Skate, and Men's Free Skate
Sunday, Oct. 23: Free Dance, Women's Free Skate, and Skating Spectacular

sk9tingfan

Switched my hotel to the Holiday Inn in Dedham as we found the Fairfield Inn in Dedham to have old and very poorly maintained bathrooms. Their free breakfast was also terrible with coffee like jet fuel and a breakfast sandwich whose bite stuck in my esophagus! The air conditioning system was not responsive and for those of us that have personal summers, it required someone to get up during the night to lower the thermostat in order to get the air moving. If the Courtyard in Norwood had not already sold out, I would have switched to that hotel. Dedham is about a 7–10-minute drive to SCOB depending on traffic. The light at Route 1 and University is a monster and you can get stuck there, waiting to turn for more than 5 minutes. On the flipside, Legacy Place which right where the Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Fairfield Inn are, has wonderful restaurants and stores. We had an idyllic lunch outside at Legal C Bar, the local branch of the famous Legal Seafood.

Not sure how we will fare at the Holiday Inn, but I guess we'll have to find out.

kirkbiggestfan

The city of Boston is about to be a bit chaotic for the next month with the temporary closure of the orange line (subway line with 100,000 people per day). It is supposed to last 30 days, but rumor has it it may be up to 90 days. Crossing the city will be a nightmare. I only live 45 minutes away, but I am considering getting a hotel or airbnb nearby if the orange line situation is not resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information