2021/2022 Canadian Pairs: News and Updates

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Panetta and Thrasher are listed for junior worlds on Skate Canada's international assignments page. Homick and Haubrich didn't make the TES at Bavarian open and I guess there aren't any other junior internationals with pairs for them to go to prior to junior worlds?

Rafter

Looking forward to watching our juniors today. Can't wait to watch Brooke and Ben and see how they are doing. Anyone know what happened to William St. Louis and his partner?

I too would like to know what happened to St-Louis. He is a big strong pair guy with a lot of potential.

As for Daleman can’t think of anyone. Maybe Audrey Carle?

Rafter

Panetta and Thrasher are listed for junior worlds on Skate Canada's international assignments page. Homick and Haubrich didn't make the TES at Bavarian open and I guess there aren't any other junior internationals with pairs for them to go to prior to junior worlds?

Bummer for them. She has tons of potential and some star quality but I wonder if she is at all close to landing a triple jump?

Sk8mom123

I too would like to know what happened to St-Louis. He is a big strong pair guy with a lot of potential.

As for Daleman can’t think of anyone. Maybe Audrey Carle?
I think Carle quit or at least that's what I saw somewhere.

Rafter

Carle would be way too tall for Zach Daleman.

Audrey Carle wasn’t too tall for Gabriel Farand and Daleman looks taller than Farand. But maybe not.

If she has quit that means Catherine Carle is the last sister still skating?

Re: William St-Louis, I just read a badly translated article that says he’s 6’6” tall. That’s crazy tall for a figure skater.
Here he is: https://youtu.be/0tudMxCz5bE

Cant Skate

It's being discussed in several other places on the board, but Della Monica/Guarise 100% had the right of way as it was their music that was playing.
Yes but I didn't see it posted on the "free" side.

No question that Eric was completely at fault here.

manhn

Oh no, James/Radford will likely come in last! Who cares if they performed their personal best, it does not improve the team’s results!!!!

I hope this gives them confidence in the individual and at Worlds. I hope they do another season with stronger music and choreography.

Rafter

So sad to see that Canadian photographer has clearly picked sides… not one photograph of Eric and Vanessa. Not very professional IMO. So proud to see the have a great skate… good choice Skate Canada!!!!

Which one?

Danielle Earl?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So sad to see that Canadian photographer has clearly picked sides… not one photograph of Eric and Vanessa. Not very professional IMO. So proud to see the have a great skate… good choice Skate Canada!!!!
If you are talking about Danielle Earl her instagram page only seems to have Pair photos from the SP. James/Radford didn't skate the short. There are no photos of the FS.

angi

rink_mom

Dave of the North

Digging up dead relatives since 1992

Xela M

Ugh not a great day for Canadian pairs...

Doesn't KMT ever regret dumping Dylan? :shuffle: They were such a great pair. Was it really all worth it? If she wanted to skate two Olympic cycles, could she not have skated with Dylan in 2018 and paired up with someone else for 2022? Just seems like she threw away a great partnership for no reason. Her and Dylan could challenge for World medals. Nowadays she can barely make the FS.

As for Eric and Vanessa... just NO. They are not good together at all. Eric has always been a great competitor, but those two don't gel at all. With Savchenko/Masson everyone could instantly see their potential. With these two I see nothing at all

Last edited:

Janef

Ugh not a great day for Canadian pairs...

Doesn't KMT ever regret dumping Dylan? :shuffle: They were such a great pair. Was it really all worth it? If she wanted to skate two Olympic cycles, could she not have skated with Dylan in 2018 and paired up with someone else for 2022? Just seems like she threw away a great partnership for no reason. Her an Dylan could challenge for World medals. Nowadays she can barely make the FS.

As for Eric and Vanessa... just NO. They are not good together at all. Eric has always been a great competitor, but those two don't gel at all. With Savchenko/Masson everyone could instantly see their potential. With these two I see nothing at all
You said exactly what I was thinking about kmt. She could have had 4 potentially successful years with Dylan. Her and mike should be awesome together after 8 years (wow) like knowing the timing etc. I guess we will never know. I actually think Redford and James are ok together. They are just too old now to make an impact going forward. I believe Megan d said on tsl this will be their only season as amateur. I don’t really get it but whatever. Who is going to come up in pairs after this though? Eek the pairs coming up are serviceable but I don’t see any stars so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information