2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will return to Greensboro Coliseum in North Carolina

aftershocks

Banned Member
They range from $850 for front row (opposite judges) to $295. $695, $555, and $420 are the three other options.

$850 for front row, $695 for the first few (5?) rows and $555 and $420 (ends) for the rest of the lower bowl. $295 for second level.

Oh for the days of yore! :( Oh well, I think my last prime seat U.S. Nationals all-event ticket was around $300, but that was many moons ago (2000 to be exact). In 2009, I only attended a few events, so I did not purchase an all-event ticket, probably because I couldn't afford it.

Attending Nationals though, I found to be such an exciting and engaging experience. It's cool being able to watch online these days, but nothing can beat seeing events live, and running into skaters and coaches around the venue.

Last edited:

manhn

Not that I'm going (Montreal is my must, I'm also going to Kelowna for Skate Canada), but those seem lower than normal, right? If I can get tickets under $300 USD for US Nationals (nosebleed seats for me), I will definitely consider attending now.

Debbie S

From their form
__ # of $850 FRONT ROW All-Event Packages $_______
__ # of $700 All-Event Ticket Packages $_______
__ # of $550 All-Event Ticket Packages $_______
__ # of $400 All-Event Ticket Packages $_______
__ # of $295 All-Event Ticket Packages $_______
:confused: The form currently posted on their website has the amounts I listed. Not much difference. Maybe there was a typo on an earlier form?

Carolla5501

Actually I never ate at the arena. I just generally bought food and left it in the car in a cooler. Works great, saves money and gave me a break from being in the arena all the time. That barbecue place was gross and I ate there once the first time and never went back. That said I had a great time both times in Greensboro and I’m sure I’ll go back. I’ll probably just wait to buy championship weekend tickets however

Firedancer

I definitely have to think about this. I plan on going to Montreal worlds next year. I'm not sure if I should do both.

acraven

I'm sorry to say that I'm not optimistic about additional food options in the neighborhood near the arena, and that barbecue place is indeed dreadful--possibly the worst in the entire state. The barbecue sold inside the arena at the most recent Nationals was just fine.

The organizers lost their shirts on the shuttle the first time around, so the frequency was cut back and the cost increased in 2015, to the point that its utility was marginal at best. It's simple economics, and I fear the situation will not improve in 2020. Who knows whether there will even be a shuttle?

To me, those (significant) negatives were balanced by the convenience of having everything under one roof. If you can manage to drive back and forth at night (which I don't like to do) or are willing to use taxis/Uber/Lyft, I recommend finding a hotel not too far from the arena with walkable restaurants nearby.

For anyone who cares about such things, as of 2015 the Sheraton at Four Seasons Mall had only showers, no tubs.

Moto Guzzi

I'm planning to go but haven't ordered tickets yet. A friend and I went in 2015 and had a great time. We had a parking pass and drove every day. The food choices in the arena weren't the greatest but it was easy to sneak in food. We found a great place for breakfast (I hope my friend remembers its name) and we ordered sandwiches to go and ate them for lunch or dinner.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I think mom and I are going to skip US Nats next year and go to Worlds instead. I've all ready been to Greensboro twice and while I enjoyed it both times (although I agree that the shuttle left a lot to be desired in 2015), I would really like to go somewhere new for skating. I absolutely LOVE Montreal (I saw Isabelle & Lloyd's farewell show there years ago) and have been wanting to go back for a long time so this is a pretty easy decision for me. I hope the event goes well again though. I really did enjoy the atmosphere in Greensboro both years and the people there are wonderful. :)

my3sons

Has anyone sat in the folding chairs at the Greensboro Coliseum? In 2011 they were uncomfortable so in 2015 we didn't get those seats. However, the seats were changed in 2015 so I'm wondering if they are a good option now.

my3sons

Caveat emptor.... it's how the arena sets things up. Had I known that this would be the case both times upfront, I probably would have requested a seat several rows up

Were the seats more comfortable in 2015 than 2011? They were a different design. I chose the permanent seats for 2015 and I had intentions on doing that again but my seat selection got messed up and they put me in the front row of the 3rd price level seating instead of the second level. I bought them the first day they were out and joined friends of figure skating so I could get a front row in the second price level, but the better ones are probably gone now. I'm thinking I may need to upgrade.

Debbie S

Were the seats more comfortable in 2015 than 2011? They were a different design. I chose the permanent seats for 2015 and I had intentions on doing that again but my seat selection got messed up and they put me in the front row of the 3rd price level seating instead of the second level. I bought them the first day they were out and joined friends of figure skating so I could get a front row in the second price level, but the better ones are probably gone now. I'm thinking I may need to upgrade.
They told you your seat assignment (wow!)? Did they specifically say the second price level was sold out? If not, I would contact them and ask what's available. I wouldn't assume the level is sold out; in fact, I'd be surprised if it were.

my3sons

They are not sold out, but the area I wanted is taken. Someone is calling me tomorrow. They were very nice on the phone so hopefully something can be worked out. The past two events there were great so I'm hoping this one will be too.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Normally I avoid competitions on the east coast because of the distance, but I may go to this one because I have never been to NC. It will be good to see that part of the country while I attend the competition. Will need to save a few days for sight seeing.

skatesindreams

If I decide to go to Greensboro again, I hope that I can find accessible transportation from the airport to the hotel for less than $125.00!

acraven

I think I was in the front row for the two previous Greensboro Nationals, and I don't remember being uncomfortable in the folding chairs. I guess that's very much an individual thing. Unfortunately, I don't remember whether I noticed any difference in the seats between those two years.

Debbie S

Wow! Don't tbey have any shuttle services? If not, it may rule out GB for me.
Skatesindreams is referring to wheelchair-accessible transportation from the airport to the hotel. Per the FAQ on the event website, the LOC will be providing a spectator shuttle between the official hotels and the arena. No mention of schedule or cost yet. In 2015, the shuttle left every half hour and was $125.

skatesindreams

Skatesindreams is referring to wheelchair-accessible transportation from the airport to the hotel. Per the FAQ on the event website, the LOC will be providing a spectator shuttle between the official hotels and the arena. No mention of schedule or cost yet. In 2015, the shuttle left every half hour and was $125.
I paid for; and used it.
The LOC did everything to make it as simple as possible for me.
It is the airport -to-hotel options which are frustrating.

maureenfarone

The shuttle ran every 30 minutes from the Sheraton. The DoubleTree and Hampton Inn only had shuttle service every 60 minutes and the cost was $125.

Moto Guzzi

My friend ordered our tickets over a month ago. Today she emailed me that the charge never went through on her credit card so she emailed somebody and they had no record of her order. She called the number they sent her and was able to order the tickets. She didn't ask where our seats are, though. We ordered the $550 tickets.

OlieRow

Really enjoyed 2015 Nationals - my only Nationals experience. Not sure where I stayed but it was an easy drive to and from the stadium. The practice rink was in the same building as the main arena which made going back and forth from practices and events very convenient. I'll definitely have to consider this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information