2019 Emmy Awards and Red Carpet

snoopy

It needs a host. Missed the oscars so not sure if it worked better there.

screech

It needs a host. Missed the oscars so not sure if it worked better there.
Oscars definitely did it better, but they kicked things off with a performance by Queen, so...

Not loving Thomas Lennon's humour attempts as he commentates. And Ken Jeong's bit went on way too long. The Maya Rudolph/Ike Barinholtz bit worked, because of Maya Rudolph. And the sense of humour of the nominees.

Last edited:

screech

Loved the audience laughing when the Kardashians said their show is about people being their real selves.

screech

Some of the music choices tonight are very weird. Like Hugh Laurie walking out to "Sledgehammer"? Most of the songs are great songs, but what was the thought process there? And of course they cut off right before they get going.

screech

Very few of Thomas Lennon's jokes went over well. One that did make me chuckle was the comment about former comedy actress winners watching from prison, and hoping the next 2 weeks go by fast (Felicity Huffman).

I'm happy that Jason Bateman has finally won an Emmy award. And that Game of Thrones didn't win everything.

Next year is going to be interesting - no GOT, no Veep, and no Fleabag. There'll still be Mrs. Maisel, but no other 'sure thing' in the comedy categories. Hopefully The Good Place gets more love, and Schitt's Creek is back. And no idea what'll be going on in the drama categories.

screech

My red carpet opinions:

Best dressed - Betty Gilpin, though if her dress didn't have those extra strap thingies that make it look like she's wearing a back brace, I'd give it to Regina King.
Most memorable - Gwendoline Christie in her renaissance wizard cult leader Jesus robe thingie and Billy Porter (that hat was FASHION but kinda disrespectful to whoever was sitting behind him...) I enjoy his Liza Minnelli-esque sequin pantsuit though

I did like the style trend of the night, with the red/pink pairings

Cachoo

There was a dark, violent and very funny episode of "Barry" that was so well done by Bill Hader, Stephen Root and a blond, girl-next-door, teenaged martial artist from hell that blew me away. I am not at all surprised that Hader won tonight. But he has a wonderful supporting cast that deserves recognition too.

Parsley Sage

My red carpet opinions:

Best dressed - Betty Gilpin, though if her dress didn't have those extra strap thingies that make it look like she's wearing a back brace, I'd give it to Regina King.
Most memorable - Gwendoline Christie in her renaissance wizard cult leader Jesus robe thingie and Billy Porter (that hat was FASHION but kinda disrespectful to whoever was sitting behind him...) I enjoy his Liza Minnelli-esque sequin pantsuit though

I did like the style trend of the night, with the red/pink pairings

There were a few people wearing hats last night. For the sake of the people stuck sitting behind them, I hope that's a trend that doesn't catch on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information