2023 Emmy Awards

love skating

Clueless American
Happy to see Jury Duty nominations but surprised they were also nominated for writing! Happy to see Natasha Lyonne nominated for Poker Face but disappointed the show itself did not get nominated. Big time disappointed not to see A Small Light nominated nor its wonderful lead Bel Powley. I thought the limited series was one of the best things I've seen this year. I see both Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik were nominated for hosting Jeopardy.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm stunned that Tony Shalhoub missed out this time. He had the best scene of his entire run on "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" this season -- possibly one of the best scenes of his career.

I was happy to see Welcome to Chippendales get some love and also a couple of noms for Bad Sisters. I'm glad I don't have to vote in the comedy categories :shuffle: Why is The Bear in the comedy category? I love that show, but it's no comedy.

MLIS

Phil Dunster was definitely the MVP of this season of Ted Lasso, and his arc was perhaps the most dramatic and satisfying of the whole series. So glad to see him recognized, what he did was really hard and he made it look easy.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Tom Pelphrey is always getting snubbed for worthwhile performances (Ozark!). I thought he was much more impactful in Love and Death than Jesse Plemmons.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I was happy to see Welcome to Chippendales get some love and also a couple of noms for Bad Sisters. I'm glad I don't have to vote in the comedy categories :shuffle: Why is The Bear in the comedy category? I love that show, but it's no comedy.
I feel the same way about Poker Face honestly. I love it and there is some humour but it's not a comedy.

But also Poker Face deserved more nominations.

jenny12

I’m happy that Andor got in for Best Drama. I would have liked to see some acting nominations for it but I knew that was a long shot.

screech

Phil Dunster was definitely the MVP of this season of Ted Lasso, and his arc was perhaps the most dramatic and satisfying of the whole series. So glad to see him recognized, what he did was really hard and he made it look easy.
His friendship with Roy was the highlight of season 3 for me. Jamie Tartt developed so much over the 3 seasons, and where he ended up as a person was just so satisfying. Also, he was iconic this season from the very first episode and how he said 'poop-ay'

Looking at his and Brett Goldstein's instagrams, it's adorable how much those two supporting actor nominees adore each other. Brett jokingly/adoringly refers to him as his boyfriend, and Phil refers to Brett as his 'hunk of a castmate'.

You can tell this cast legitimately adores each other. Once voting opened a few weeks ago, Jeremy Swift (Higgins) was campaigning for Phil to receive a nomination (not even mentioning getting another nomination for himself - he was nominated in season 1).

Not related to Emmys, but while I think this show ended at the right time, can Dani Rojas and Trent Crimm host a youtube series where they give haircare tips?

sk8pics

His friendship with Roy was the highlight of season 3 for me. Jamie Tartt developed so much over the 3 seasons, and where he ended up as a person was just so satisfying. Also, he was iconic this season from the very first episode and how he said 'poop-ay'
Totally agree! So interesting the way their relationship evolved, and fun to watch all 3 seasons back to back to back and really see it.
Looking at his and Brett Goldstein's instagrams, it's adorable how much those two supporting actor nominees adore each other. Brett jokingly/adoringly refers to him as his boyfriend, and Phil refers to Brett as his 'hunk of a castmate'.
Very gracious post.
You can tell this cast legitimately adores each other. Once voting opened a few weeks ago, Jeremy Swift (Higgins) was campaigning for Phil to receive a nomination (not even mentioning getting another nomination for himself - he was nominated in season 1).
Phil's post is hilarious, almost sounds in character in his first sentence!
Not related to Emmys, but while I think this show ended at the right time, can Dani Rojas and Trent Crimm host a youtube series where they give haircare tips?
:lol: :lol:

I don't follow the emmys much these days and only skimmed the list of nominees, but it looks like virtually all are from streaming services, is that right? No nominations for kind of main stream network TV shows?

Sylvia

TBD
Where can I find it [Peacock's Poker Face] in Canada? I looked awhile ago and couldn’t find it.
I don't follow the emmys much these days and only skimmed the list of nominees, but it looks like virtually all are from streaming services, is that right? No nominations for kind of main stream network TV shows?
As is to be expected nowadays, the big four traditional broadcast networks were outpaced by paycasters and streamers. They amassed a combined total of 86 nominations, which matches the amount they received in 2022. After dominating this subset last year with 29 bids, CBS has fallen behind ABC (28) and NBC (27) with only 20 this time. With its eight mentions, the American Broadcasting Company’s best performer was “Abbott Elementary.”

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Where can I find it in Canada? I looked awhile ago and couldn’t find it.
@Sylvia quite wonderfully supplied the link. I was a little annoyed that I had to sign up for a free trial to CityTV+ through Prime, both because it feels convoluted and because most Peacock shows have been going on Showcase which I already had access too. But the 30 day trial was handy, I didn't have to rush through and I actually managed to remember to cancel my free trial for once at the end of it.

DFJ

@Sylvia quite wonderfully supplied the link. I was a little annoyed that I had to sign up for a free trial to CityTV+ through Prime, both because it feels convoluted and because most Peacock shows have been going on Showcase which I already had access too. But the 30 day trial was handy, I didn't have to rush through and I actually managed to remember to cancel my free trial for once at the end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information