Panekova

2a
3f hard fall
3r good
2a very good

footwork seems oddly disconnected from music

3z3t< solid
3f<1eu3s< hand down

The arms are horrible, just flopping around like limp noodles in the wind? And I like frantic arm waving, too! But there’s no tension in any of the choreography. Come on Vik, get it together.

3z2t good

The flip entrance is all sorts of messed up. But other than that, the jumps looked fine. But the program would be my biggest concern at this point....

rfisher

Let the skating begin
@Ka3sha can you list the last group in English. I've not been successful at getting a translation program to do so. :drama: I'm juggling 3 comps now.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Alina Solovyeva had a really nice skate to close out the penultimate group. Just a step out on the lutz, but 6 cleanly rotated triples, including a 2axel/1eu/3sal. It was a nice performance, she has decent basics and was engaged with the music. I hope we get to see more of her!

@Ka3sha can you list the last group in English. I've not been successful at getting a translation program to do so. :drama: I'm juggling 3 comps now.

I think:
1. Perkova
2. Talalaykina
3. Tsurskaya
4. Nugumanova
5. Shilenko (?)
6. Scherbakova

rfisher

Let the skating begin
She may not be competitive with the teenagers or Liza, but she's not going down without a fight. You've got to respect that.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Perkova
Zorro

3t3t turn in between, good attack though
2a great
3z ok
1a fck
3f2t good
3f fall, way too close to boards
2s2t meh
good character in the steps

Ok, now I really like the program. :fragile::gallopin1

Disappointing jumps in the second half. Attack!! She’s telegraphing too much and getting too close to the boards, it was a problem on the flips and lutz. And no commitment to the salchow.

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Talalaykina
This is Me?

2a
3r
3f
3s

Ermmmmm.... maybe this isn’t a cat outfit? :shuffle::rofl:

3z3t
2a3t2t
3z2t

Good jumping, it’s all rotated despite not being the biggest jumper. But despite the voidy outfit, that seemed to go on for 7 minutes.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Polina IV
Leningrad

3z3t huge, gorgeous :swoon:
1f
2a good
2a2t, she wanted 3toe though
3z<2t
3r
3s shaky

Still lacking speed and attack for the footwork sequence, not with the music at all.

Overall, this looked miles better than Nepela. Still a lot of work to do, but the first 3 minutes looked a lot less sluggish. The lutzes are sensational. Hope is not yet lost!

Long wait for scores is not promising...

184.09, behind Solovyeva, yikes....

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
P4's jumps are so big, but I can't remember the last clean skate. And, she just doesn't have the same presence on the ice as Zag, Med or Liza. After Sotskova's disaster of a skate at the Japan Open, Liza is the only one who seems determined to be No 3.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Nugumanova
Nutcracker

3z3r big! rotated!
3f<
2a great
3z2t ok
2a3t2t clean, telegraphed entrance though
3r
3s
Nice spirals that highlight the music well
Good combo spin

:swoon:

Get this girl some international assignments! That was elegant and powerful. Not a crazy amount of transitions, and too much telegraphing but otherwise, that was gorgeous.

Tough tech panel here, I like! Both lutzes marked <, but 200.52 is still enough for first, and she’s thrilled.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Shilenko
generic Middle Eastern

2a
3f3t clean
3s good
2a3t2t
3z2t easy
1f
3r ok

The music is hurting my ears.

No questioning rotation on any of those jumps, but this is well below Nugumonova on PCS.

oleada

OMG, was that a 4Lz+3T with a step out? :eek:

ETA: And another? That one looked <?

oleada

She seemed really focused on the jumps in the beginnings and only seemed to come alive until the end when they were done. I don't love this program for her as much as I like her SP. It doesn't seem to highlight her best qualities and her skating skills seem a bit weak.

Still, the 4Lz :respec:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information